Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

Thanks for the options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Xiney wrote: »
    you could try cafe online on stephen street - I'm not sure that they fax things but I'm sure they'd be able to point you in the right direction, at least for Monday.

I'm sure, had to fax a few times to people without email.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

anyone recomend a good friendly denist (have a fear of them) in town, and takes PRSI, chiped a tooth last night when eating, have no pain or discomfort but would still like to get it seen to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

irish-stew wrote: »
    anyone recomend a good friendly denist (have a fear of them) in town, and takes PRSI, chiped a tooth last night when eating, have no pain or discomfort but would still like to get it seen to
    Dr Maurice Fitzgerald on Wine St.

I can give you his number tomorrow at work

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

cheers BM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,866 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Big_Mac wrote: »
    Dr Maurice Fitzgerald on Wine St.
    Seconded... nicest dentist in town.

Can't recommend him enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LadyDotty

Does anyone know what the story is about the Garavogue bar(also known as the Left Bank in Sligo town.I heard a lovely rumour it was reopening for the summer?!Was always a good spot when the weather was nice.

LadyDotty wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the story is about the Garavogue bar(also known as the Left Bank in Sligo town.I heard a lovely rumour it was reopening for the summer?!Was always a good spot when the weather was nice.
    Apparently, it's re-opening as An Garbh Og on May Bank Holiday Weekend..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭DenMan

I heard great reviews of the Garavogue before I came to Sligo. Let's hope it goes great for them. Fingers crossed. :)

What happened btw if anybody knows? It is a fairly big premises and being right on the river it should attract a lot of customers (and bands too).

Thanks.

there is a thread about it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055149584&page=6&highlight=left+bank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

basquille wrote: »
    Seconded... nicest dentist in town.

Can't recommend him enough!

Thirded ! Though I tend only to see him around 2 times every decade :D

Thanks Basquille,
    I do believe you know my significant other...Mr Hunt?:cool:

Thanks also for re-directing me to other thread-am not completly au fauit with boards.ie just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Thanks Basquille,
    I do believe you know my significant other...Mr Hunt?:cool:

Thanks also for re-directing me to other thread-am not completly au fauit with boards.ie just yet.

Ah, then I met you at a certain Mullingar wedding last year :)

(My OH is the one with a picture of your OH in traction as his Bebo picture)

ah ha! Ok, there were about 10 guys with that picture on the profile, but I reckon I've narrowed it down!! :)

Ahhh yes.. that photo brings back memories!

i.e all of the lads changing their profile picture on Bebo / FaceBook / MySpace to just that photo! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I passed the theory test.

It's no big deal.

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

Congrats!

I passed the theory test.

It's no big deal.

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

HOORAY, No tractor questions this time or were you ready for them??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Well done Sue that's great news :D

Against all odds, I passed.

I'd like to thank the most irritating jobsworth I've ever met for making me so furious that I just had to race through the test and not give a f*ck whether I passed or not. I'd also like to thank the two random girls I asked to mind my daughter outside while I took the test, as said jobsworth nearly keeled over at the thought of daughter sitting in waiting room - no insurance apparently (lol). And last but not least my Mum, who belted across town to collect said abandoned daughter while I took the test.

I'm just going for a little lie down now. Nightmare. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Well done you!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Its crazy that everyone knows LadyDotty. Such a small world!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭DenMan

Well done TMB. Congratulations. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Well done Sue!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Well done Sue.

Now lets be careful,Sue is going to be on the Sligo roads:eek:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

"Man Flu"... now that's a phrase that really p*sses me off. Yes, us men will never experience the "Ultimate Pain" of childbirth, but we do also get sick & we don't always whinge about it either!

I came down with a "cold" on Friday - it didn't stop me digging the garden on Saturday afternoon, hitting the pub for the rugby & staying there well past Bernard Dunne had knocked the sh*te out of Cordoba.

It didn't stop me getting up on Sunday & doing the shopping with the missus, then cook us up a lovely roast.

It didn't stop me working on Monday.

It DID however, completely floor me on Tuesday which is why I ended up in the doctor's surgery today. Turns out, I didn't have a cold, but a really bad dose of the flu coupled with a severe chest infection. I turned down hospitalisation in return for some penecillin & now I'm back fighting fit again.

Now I know why it's called "man flu" - because we get on and deal with it like men. :D

pfft real men don't take penicillin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭rio-rose

"Man Flu"... now that's a phrase that really p*sses me off. Yes, us men will never experience the "Ultimate Pain" of childbirth, but we do also get sick & we don't always whinge about it either!

I came down with a "cold" on Friday - it didn't stop me digging the garden on Saturday afternoon, hitting the pub for the rugby & staying there well past Bernard Dunne had knocked the sh*te out of Cordoba.

It didn't stop me getting up on Sunday & doing the shopping with the missus, then cook us up a lovely roast.

It didn't stop me working on Monday.

It DID however, completely floor me on Tuesday which is why I ended up in the doctor's surgery today. Turns out, I didn't have a cold, but a really bad dose of the flu coupled with a severe chest infection. I turned down hospitalisation in return for some penecillin & now I'm back fighting fit again.

Now I know why it's called "man flu" - because we get on and deal with it like men. :D

first of all well done tequilla :D

now to the subject of "man flu" its excatly wat it said on the tin "man flu"

now woman can ever have the famous man flu why????

because it only the man who has the worst flu ever,
    maybe its a exception to starbelgrade who done all them jobs so the missus would nag him all weekend and more importanly so that he cud get on to the boozer for the match sat nite..

like back to the gud old days of school we had to start feeling sick the night before so it looked gud the next morning...:eek:

you have my pity starbelgrade:)

• Advertisement

I came down with a "cold" on Friday

FYP

Advertisement