Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I got paid today:D:D:D

Time to buy the things I haven't been able to afford for the past two weeks.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

rio-rose wrote: »
    saying that about not many shops,
    was in quayside 2day been a while since i was in their..

couldn belive all the shops thats gone, the book shop on level 2 and the auto shop also
    and all the clothes shops out on the avenue :eek:

wait till next year their be lots more gone

did anyone see the sign on the window of the auto shop saying that a proposed supermarket is to go in their ( in the pipe line) strange place for to put it

I didn't know about the auto shop, the book shop has moved into the pound shop.
    I'd heard before that there was a supermarket meant to go where TK Maxx is, and there was a rumour that TK Maxx was going.....so maybe that's what is happening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

magnumlady wrote: »
    I didn't know about the auto shop, the book shop has moved into the pound shop.
    I'd heard before that there was a supermarket meant to go where TK Maxx is, and there was a rumour that TK Maxx was going.....so maybe that's what is happening.
    Cripes I hope not. best shop in town imo. I have asked staff on a couple of occasions recently about this. The staff on the ground certainly don't seem to be privy to any move. (Cross fingers)

Myself and Mary aka Fozzle were talking earlier about going for a few pints on Saturday evening.
    It would be great if people would be up for it,just need to decide on a location. Mrs.T,if you would be up for it I guess we could line up a few non-alcoholic beverages for you:):)

Short notice I know,but if nobody can make it I'm sure myself and Fozzle will go anyways:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Myself and Mary aka Fozzle were talking earlier about going for a few pints on Saturday evening.
    It would be great if people would be up for it,just need to decide on a location. Mrs.T,if you would be up for it I guess we could line up a few non-alcoholic beverages for you:):)

Short notice I know,but if nobody can make it I'm sure myself and Fozzle will go anyways:D

I'd like to... but I'm a bit shy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Damn you Bobcar - I have no real offline persona!!!

Anyway, how about we make this Sunday night 'cos a friend of mine is having a knees-up Saturday night. Who's up for it? It'll be good craic, we can shave Bobcar or something.

Madge, come along, we're not dangerous, honest! Pm me and we can meet before hand so you have someone to arrive with :) It makes it much less daunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭DenMan

A beers being organised in Sligo. Sounds great. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

fozzle wrote: »
    It'll be good craic, we can shave Bobcar or something.

*snort*

sorry I won't be able to be there, not enough notice I'm afraid :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Aw that is so sweet to think about me. I'm afraid we are going to pass, 9pm is already very late for me nowadays so I don't think I'll be able to make a night out. So sorry I won't be amusing you with my newly acquired waddle... :D

Bobcar described your hair MrsT and now I'm eyeballing innocent women with interesting hair ^^

How about a terribly civilised boards cup-o-tea meet up in the middle of the day? And Xiney, sure Galway's only down the road, can't you cycle? ;)

• Advertisement

I'm up for Sunday as well,but I wont be having a heavy night on the beer.I've got work at 9 on Monday morning:(

Madge, Fozzle is right,don't be shy at all,we don't bite:P And the only person I know is Fozzle,I've met Magnumlady and Mrs.T and Darealtulip but I see Fozzle almost everyday now:(:( lol

I'm up for Sunday as well,but I wont be having a heavy night on the beer.I've got work at 9 on Monday morning:(

Madge, Fozzle is right,don't be shy at all,we don't bite:P And the only person I know is Fozzle,I've met Magnumlady and Mrs.T and Darealtulip but I see Fozzle almost everyday now:(:( lol

Mwhahaha, I'm off Monday ^_^

Anywho, yes, we're all super non-bitey types :) Also *smacks Bobcar* don't you give me those frowny faces Mr or I'll bite you! :P

So who is up for it then?

DenMan seems interested,myself and Fozzle...a whole whopping 3 so far:) And I'm sure we can tempt Madge, so that's a possible 4:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

we are up for a afternoon tea or something since Mrs.t is waddeling around (she is huge, so fozzle you look for a huge pregnant woman with pink hair)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

wont be able to make this one, at home for the easter weekend, have a good one

we are up for a afternoon tea or something since Mrs.t is waddeling around (she is huge, so fozzle you look for a huge pregnant woman with pink hair)

:D yeah, Bobcar described her hair to me - sounds glorious! Well I can be in town Sunday or Monday (hurrah for days off) so is there a time/place that suits you? Well, mostly that suits Mrs T, you no longer get an opinion darealtulip, not after saying she waddles! :P

fozzle wrote: »
    :D yeah, Bobcar described her hair to me - sounds glorious! Well I can be in town Sunday or Monday (hurrah for days off) so is there a time/place that suits you? Well, mostly that suits Mrs T, you no longer get an opinion darealtulip, not after saying she waddles! :P

We were planning to go to strandhill anyway so name a time and place and we will be there. Around lunch time or so?

We were planning to go to strandhill anyway so name a time and place and we will be there. Around lunch time or so?

Argh, don't make me choose! Lunchtime is what 12, 1pm? Anytime then is good for me. Want a foody place or a coffeey place?

Maybe a place where we can get food and coffee...we may aswell splash out,be brave and all that...

Lunch is usually 1ish for me,how about we meet outside the GPO at 1 and go from there? We can decide on a place when we meet

right so 1 o'clock at the flower bed thing across from the post office. Splendid!

• Advertisement

Maybe a place where we can get food and coffee...we may aswell splash out,be brave and all that...

Lunch is usually 1ish for me,how about we meet outside the GPO at 1 and go from there? We can decide on a place when we meet

Great we will be there! 1 sounds good to me

Suits me down to the ground as well.

Lets hope Fozzle sees this and turns up.

Suits me down to the ground as well.

Lets hope Fozzle sees this and turns up.
    I saw and I turned up! :P There was myself, Bobcar, Mrs. T, darealtulip and The Wee Man - twas fun!

So now, who's coming out for beerage tonight?! :D Myself and Bobcar will be there, and hopefully Madge, anyone else? How about 8 o'clock upstairs in the Glasshouse? It's got oceans of space and comfy seats, and we can always move on from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

Yeah Ok I'm not too sure of the exact time I will be there yet

Madge wrote: »
    Yeah Ok I'm not too sure of the exact time I will be there yet

Yay! Just gimmie a shout whenever you know.

I will be there.

What? Am I the only one to whom half this post makes no sense? :p

I'm all over the shop here,don't know what I'm at.

Anyways I was saying,if I stay in the bar for too long I will just keep drinking and I don't want to keep drinking as I have work in the morning.

So 8pm then? I'm sure I will see you anyways.

How many do you think will turn up.Me,you and maybe Madge?

So far that appears to be it, but I hope some others will show. Come on folks!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭DenMan

I'd love to go guys, but I'm just back from a christening. Think the plan is to either go to the Sligo Park Hotel or possibly the Strand this evening. Have a great one.

Advertisement