Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

DenMan wrote: »
    I'd love to go guys, but I'm just back from a christening. Think the plan is to either go to the Sligo Park Hotel or possibly the Strand this evening. Have a great one.

Ditch the Christening and come to the glasshouse...lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Ditch the Christening and come to the glasshouse...lol:D

Or do both! :D

On another note,I was driving up Pearse Road in Carraroe from Carraroe roundabout towards the Retail Park and there was a billboard promoting The Richmond Shopping Centre.
    After doing a quick google search,I found it's in Derry. Crazy that we are encouraging people to go to Derry,there used to be signs for Enniskillen which was bad enough.

And then we hear local businesses complaining about people going up North,Why do the council allow these massive advertisements to go up,you'd think they would discourage people going up North.

(I'm presuming it's the council that looks after the Billboards) or is it a private company that puts up what they want.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

How many do you think will turn up.Me,you and maybe Madge?
    Yep, I will be there :)

Great.See you around 8ish then..:)

• Advertisement

Fozzle,hate to break it to you but..

Sligo beat Waterford today in the GAA:D:D:D:D

Great.See you around 8ish then..:)

Sure :)

Anybody else coming to the glasshouse this evening? Seeing as it's nice and sunny it would be good to get out for the evening:)

Did you have a nice time at the beach Mrs.T?

Thankfully the rain stayed away for the afternoon:)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Anybody else coming to the glasshouse this evening? Seeing as it's nice and sunny it would be good to get out for the evening:)

i'm still away, but have a drink or two in my hounor

;)

• Advertisement

irish-stew wrote: »
    i'm still away, but have a drink or two in my hounor

;)

Or three or four:P

Fozzle,hate to break it to you but..

Sligo beat Waterford today in the GAA:D:D:D:D

Oh sure I wouldn't care about that.

*digs out hurl for a good oldfashioned pub-beating*

Oh ehhhh I don't feel too well now so ehh I don't think I'm going to go to the pub now.

Just joking

*I will be there with my crowbar as my weapon:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

we finally met The Fozzle!!! And we met Bobcar the first time since he is a mod but he didn't stop us talking when we went of topic!

It was a nice lunch, we enjoyed it and it was very nice to meet youse both!

we finally met The Fozzle!!! And we met Bobcar the first time since he is a mod but he didn't stop us talking when we went of topic!

It was a nice lunch, we enjoyed it and it was very nice to meet youse both!
    'Twas nice to meet you three as well :D And now I've met Madge too so a very productive day! :D

hey fozzle, I see you're online already :) It was nice meeting you and bobcar :)

so how many of ya's went out

T'was just Fozzle, Bobcar and I. The rest of ye will have to come the next time..

:D:D
    Madge,were myself and fozzle as you had imagined...I guess not!

Fozzle came up with having a big night out for my birthday which is May 16th.

If it is someone elses birthday before then,we should have a night out and consider it Sligo's next beers night.

So who's birthday is it next?Is anyone celebrating their birthday before May 16th?

:D:D
    Madge,we myself and fozzle as you had imagined...I guess not!

Sorry what do you mean?

• Advertisement

Did we come across as you would have imagined?

Surely you had some sort of idea of what to expect when you were coming out to meet us...
    eg..You may have expected some geeks with long hair etc... But how did we match up to your ideas?

Follow me?

Ok now I getcha :)

I dunno really I thought ye were v genuine people, not afraid to say what ye think!

Can I ask you the same question regarding me?

Did we come across as you would have imagined?

Surely you had some sort of idea of what to expect when you were coming out to meet us...
    eg..You may have expected some geeks with long hair etc... But how did we match up to your ideas?

Follow me?

am sure fozzle had long hair at the first sligo beers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Hey guys! We had a lovely lunch yesterday, thank you! Beach was great, glad we went. Sounds like you had a great night last night. I'll have to say no for the next beers, I will either be in labour or just getting over it. :eek: ouch!

irish-stew wrote: »
    am sure fozzle had long hair at the first sligo beers
    I still do :) See, if she was expecting someone geeky and with long hair......she was right! XD

Mrs.T wrote: »
    Hey guys! We had a lovely lunch yesterday, thank you! Beach was great, glad we went. Sounds like you had a great night last night. I'll have to say no for the next beers, I will either be in labour or just getting over it. :eek: ouch!

So, maternity ward beers?

Mrs.T wrote: »

do you reakon there will be one that quick

:D

fozzle wrote: »
    So, maternity ward beers?

intravenously

:D

rio-rose wrote: »
    saying that about not many shops,
    was in quayside 2day been a while since i was in their..

couldn belive all the shops thats gone,
    and all the clothes shops out on the avenue :eek:

wait till next year their be lots more gone

That little boutique 'Unit' was gone ages ago and yesterday I was around Quayside and I seen the empty 'Principles' store.. Thats a big loss imo, they did a great range of clothes for all sizes :(

• Advertisement

Town is getting quiet alright,and I'm sure it will get worse before it gets better:(

I saw that in the Sligo Weekender today there was an article about a company going to apply for planning permission for a shopping center at Cranmore. At the moment I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.I know it would create jobs during construction if granted but then what are the chances of the units been filled when complete.

Advertisement