Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Town is getting quiet alright,and I'm sure it will get worse before it gets better:(

I saw that in the Sligo Weekender today there was an article about a company going to apply for planning permission for a shopping center at Cranmore. At the moment I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.I know it would create jobs during construction if granted but then what are the chances of the units been filled when complete.

They probaly wait building it for while. The rents from comercial units would go down a lot with a overkill of empty property's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Agh i have to go to work at 5. That means i have to get out of bed and actually do something.
    Would someone like to do me a favour and go to work for me...it's only for a few hours:) Please:D

Heard this on the news.

It may be the most pointless sport that nobody understands but Ireland beat the Netherlands in cricket today by 6 wickets(whatever that is) so now they have qualified for the World Cup:)

Thought you might like to hear that tulip,I hope your not a fan of cricket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Heard this on the news.

It may be the most pointless sport that nobody understands but Ireland beat the Netherlands in cricket today by 6 wickets(whatever that is) so now they have qualified for the World Cup:)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Heard this on the news.

Didn't even know we had a national cricket team!

Still would like them to win though!

• Advertisement

Mrs.T wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

3-0 is all I have to say to that, so waddle on darling!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Heard this on the news.

didn't know the netherlands had a cricket team

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

irish-stew wrote: »

It's actually just a bunch of guys to whom they explain the rules of the game a few hours before hand.

irish-stew wrote: »

That makes two of us. It were probably a few guys that went for a picknic and ended up at a cricket field.

I wonder now if we have a national rugby team too? Need to google.

That makes two of us. It were probably a few guys that went for a picknic and ended up at a cricket field.

I wonder now if we have a national rugby team too? Need to google.

They sure do. Look here. That's another sport that Ireland are better at than the Dutch:)

And the scottish too for that matter:D You can thanks me later Mrs.T:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Cricket's not THAT hard to understand - A guy throws a ball at some sticks with the intention of knocking them over. In his way is a guy with a bat whose job it is to protect the wickets by whacking the ball out of the reach of the "catchers" from the other team. Meanwhile, while the ball is in flight, he makes as many runs back & forward between the wickets as he can before they get the ball back to knock the wickets.

It's simple, but quite boring.

It's simple, but quite boring.

I think you meant very boring:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

We have a fairly good team. Didnt we beat Pakistan a couple of years ago at the last world cup, which was a biggie. So Netherlands wouldnt be a big result afaik. Its dead boring though!

I think that was more of a fluke than skill. We lost to Afghanistan last week.

It was in the World Cup in Jamaica when we beat Pakistan and narrowly lost to Zimbabwe.

I think that was more of a fluke than skill. We lost to Afghanistan last week.

It was in the World Cup in Jamaica when we beat Pakistan and narrowly lost to Zimbabwe.

Are you coming out of the closet then as a cricket fan or all sports?! ;)

I prefer the sport of "watching paint dry".

On another note, I was listening to Newstalk today & they were talking about how much money people spend on weddings these days. They were interviewing people on the street about what they'd spend on wedding dresses. The interviewer asked one posh Dublin bird if she thought €10,000 was too much to spend on a dress, to which she replied "Oh my god, yes... I mean loike, I used to be a fashionista, loike, but now, loike, I'm more of a frugalista, stroke, recessionista, loike, yah."

F*ck me. I always hated the term "fashionista", but "frugalista" & "recessionista" ???????!!!!! - we really need to legalise arms in this country.

tuppence wrote: »
    Are you coming out of the closet then as a cricket fan or all sports?! ;)

Well it was all over the news for weeks.

On another note, I was listening to Newstalk today & they were talking about how much money people spend on weddings these days. They were interviewing people on the street about what they'd spend on wedding dresses. The interviewer asked one posh Dublin bird if she thought €10,000 was too much to spend on a dress, to which she replied "Oh my god, yes... I mean loike, I used to be a fashionista, loike, but now, loike, I'm more of a frugalista, stroke, recessionista, loike, yah."

F*ck me. I always hated the term "fashionista", but "frugalista" & "recessionista" ???????!!!!! - we really need to legalise arms in this country.
    Another reason to move down the country. You dont want to end up with a criminal record surrounded by all that. You'd be forced into it!

All over the pages of "Irish Cricketing Monthly", more like. You are so far back in the cricket closet, you are actually in Narnia. :D

That and with the pakistan trainer dying under suspicious circumstances....:eek:

• Advertisement

Another reason to move down the country. You dont want to end up with a criminal record surrounded by all that. You'd be forced into it!

I nearly through the radio out the window. Unfortunately the "OMG" crowd is not restricted to our fair capital.

That and with the pakistan trainer dying under suspicious circumstances....:eek:

I remember a member of staff been run over by the Arsenal team bus a few years back while it was reversing into the grounds, but I never heard of anyone dying under suspicious circumstances - how much does a suspicious circumstance weigh exactly?

I remember a member of staff been run over by the Arsenal team bus a few years back while it was reversing into the grounds, but I never heard of anyone dying under suspicious circumstances - how much does a suspicious circumstance weigh exactly?
    Groan. More than enough!

They sure do. Look here. That's another sport that Ireland are better at than the Dutch:)

And the scottish too for that matter:D You can thanks me later Mrs.T:D

hey want cant be good at every thing (but we try though). But thanks for giving Mrs.T more ammo against me!! Rugby and cricket are not very popular in the netherlands, probably because we are sh*te at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Cypresstree

So, what's everyone's plans for the weekend? Im planning on a quiet night tonight in front of a roaring fire, and the TV. Tomorrow night its the Rovers Match!!!

CT

I decided to get my haircut today but I fell asleep as she was cutting it:eek:
    Funny though:p

I nearly through the radio out the window. Unfortunately the "OMG" crowd is not restricted to our fair capital.

I like how you merged threw (something) through (the window) into one word there!!! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

I decided to get my haircut today but I fell asleep as she was cutting it:eek:
    Funny though:p

Omg. Didn't know you were a narcoleptic..:D

Seriously, I could never do that, what if I got a disastrous haircut.. I'd have no comeback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭emcc

Believe it or not, that vox pop was recorded on the streets of cosmopolitan .........

Dundalk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Dundalk? Lol!

In other news. I ordered a take-away from Peking House tonight. It arrived in 9 minutes. Seriously!

Advertisement