Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,890 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep. Typically order a take-away from Peking House about once a week.

Normally arrives piping hot within 10 - 15 minutes.. by far, the best Chinese takeaway in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

You know where I live Basquille. It would nearly take that long to drive from Peking House to my house. I have visions of a crack team listening to my order on speakerphone and then screaming GO GO GO TEAM!!! Then screeching to a halt outside my house.

Or maybe I just think about it too much..:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

emcc wrote: »
    Believe it or not, that vox pop was recorded on the streets of cosmopolitan .........

Dundalk.

Hard to believe that Dundalk was once known locally as "Semtex City" when you hear the loikes of that going on, loike.

You know where I live Basquille. It would nearly take that long to drive from Peking House to my house. I have visions of a crack team listening to my order on speakerphone and then screaming GO GO GO TEAM!!! Then screeching to a halt outside my house.

Or maybe I just think about it too much..:p

Maybe they cooked it on the way, in the back of the car, on a little camper stove? It IS possible. Highly unlikely, but possible.

Maybe they cooked it on the way, in the back of the car, on a little camper stove? It IS possible. Highly unlikely, but possible.

I prefer the A-Team Van type of image. Loike, much more my style, loike.

• Advertisement

I prefer the A-Team Van type of image. Loike, much more my style, loike.

Watchu talkin' about foooooool? That's just crazy talk. Crazy. :D

What a day!

Took the dog for a walk out by Lissadell House, had lunch in Cafe Fleur, mowed the lawns when I came home and had steak & chips for dinner.

Tomorrow's promised rain though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Dundalk? Lol!

In other news. I ordered a take-away from Peking House tonight. It arrived in 9 minutes. Seriously!

Was the chicken still clucking???:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hey guys

Does anybody know what time Foley's off licence closes at on a Sunday night?

Hey guys. Anyone know?

Cheers

• Advertisement

DenMan wrote: »
    Hey guys. Anyone know?

Cheers
    11pm.. according to here, but don't know how accurate that is.

Why don't you just ring them?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

i would say 10pm, didn't new laws come out last year

Thanks guys

I could/should have rang them alright, but a combination of a few beers, laziness and good Sligo boardsies on the ball made me forget about it.

Cheers

Den

magnumlady wrote: »
    Was the chicken still clucking???:eek:

It was vegetarian, so I'm not as concerned!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

It was vegetarian, so I'm not as concerned!

are not all chickens vegetarian?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Completely random here...Becks non-alcoholic beer actually contains 0.05% of alcohol.
    Useless fact worth knowing but you never know when you might need to know it.

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Completely random here...Becks non-alcoholic beer actually contains 0.05% of alcohol.

thanks for this very usefull piece of info!!:D

Very welcome.

Anybody else have some random useless facts about anything.

Very welcome.

Anybody else have some random useless facts about anything.
    The Fat Frog ice lollies contain real pieces of frog..

basquille wrote: »
    The Fat Frog ice lollies contain real pieces of frog..

LOL:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

I knew there was a reason why I never liked them:D

The first cd ever pressed in the USA was 'Born in the USA' by Bruce Springsteen.

Not a very good start!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

The first cd ever pressed in the USA was 'Born in the USA' by Bruce Springsteen.

Not a very good start!

And you have the cheek to comment on my very useful information, darling! :rolleyes:

OMG!!! 16 days left! :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Mrs.T wrote: »
    And you have the cheek to comment on my very useful information, darling! :rolleyes:

OMG!!! 16 days left! :eek: :eek: :eek:

so excited for you guys! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

tis why it tastes like **:eek:**

irish-stew wrote: »
    tis why it tastes like **:eek:**

Hence I don't drink so called "non alcoholic beers". The higher the percentage the better:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Has anyone any suggestion for places to drop in a CV for summer work around Sligo?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

bobcar - you should check out foley's off license, I think they've got some from Unibroue in there (Quebecois brand)

Some of those beers are up to 10% alcohol :D

Euskal, I don't know if it would be something that would interest you, but maybe you could drop in CVs into B&Bs to do housekeeping over the summer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Xiney wrote: »
    Euskal, I don't know if it would be something that would interest you, but maybe you could drop in CVs into B&Bs to do housekeeping over the summer?
    Not that it wouldn't interest me just I cant really see there being to much wrk in the local B&B's

• Advertisement

Has anyone any suggestion for places to drop in a CV for summer work around Sligo?

Everywhere maybe? Not too many places are looking for people so the more places you try the better chance you have getting a job.

Advertisement