Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

happy Birthday Bob! :D Don't get too drunk now!......20 years old.... :(....now I'm depressed.

Hope you have a great time celebrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Happy Birthday Bobcar :D

God, 20. I remember it like it was yesterday... (actually it was somewhat overshadowed by the fact that I got married two weeks later. HA!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Happy birthday bob!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Belated happy birthday Bobcar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Three men sitting in a pub in the US. One is really small, one really intelligent, one really ugly.

After some debate, they reckon they could all get into the Guiness Book of Records, so they head off to an internet cafe.

The short guy checks the records, and he is indeed shorter than the listed "shortest man in the world".

The intelligent guy checks the records, and he is indeed more intelligent than the listed "most intelliegent man in the world".

The ugly guy checks the records and says, "Who the hell is Brian Cowen?"

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

As some of you may remember, I am learning to drive, at the age of 38.

This is to the people who beeped me today, I do apologise if I delayed you for 1.2 seconds at the lights. I shall leave it to Dara to explain.

I heart Dara.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,889 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Your a beeper aren't you?

Your a beeper aren't you?
    Nope, am actually in the same boat as you.

I'm a learner too.. and never beep or get frustrated with other learner drivers. And I absolutely despise anyone who does... like they never learned to drive and could simply drive out of the womb. They weren't born - they clearly drove out! :mad:

What I have noticed is that I can now spot learner drivers driving with no L-plates up.. they're getting ever more obvious when they stall at lights, take off unsmoothly, over-rev their car when unconfident of where the biting point is.

My biggest pet peeve is a failure to indicate, always with experienced drivers. Was driving to work the other day stuck behind a car who went around a series of corners / roundabouts.. and failed to indicate ONCE. Wasn't a learner driver... but sure as hell should be!

Ok so. :D This is it, if the L plates are up - shut up. If not - well fair game tbh.

I was driving to the retail park this evening, coming off the dual carriageway from town, and was approaching the roundabout for the retail park. I slowed down to see what was coming from the right, and some knob went up on the verge to pass me out on the right hand side. I hadn't even stopped.

I drove through town today (and I was woeful to be fair) but I had a huge bald Phil Mitchell lookalike in my passenger seat who was sort of waving apologies when required, then when people would beep, I had to stop him getting out of the car to lay into them. I think I may be better off on my own...

• Advertisement

Oooh Indicating! WTF? Is it a bit old skool for experienced drivers?

I was coming down Gallows Hill today, heading up Connolly Street, and some twat in a huge car while on his mobile, just sort of wavered in the middle of the junction, thinking about what way to go. I, meanwhile, had broken out into a sweat and was repeating my current mantra: "don't cut out, don't cut out".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

basquille wrote: »

My biggest pet peeve is a failure to indicate, always with experienced drivers. Was driving to work the other day stuck behind a car who went around a series of corners / roundabouts.. and failed to indicate ONCE. Wasn't a learner driver... but sure as hell should be!

Same here irritates the hell out of me way more than it should :mad:

I find that more people tend to not indicate at roundabouts correctly than do

I just had my first ever Daim bar.

Why didn't anyone tell me how delicious these things are? WHY?

:( I'm hurt.

Xiney wrote: »
    Haven't had a Dime bar in years..

They are lovely though I prefer Armadillos.. crunchy on the outside, smooth on the inside!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Poor kiddies, you've ventured into the hideous world of the god-awful drivers in this town. I think the only times I don't get enraged by terrible drivers is when there is no-one else on the road.

I drove to the retail park Friday evening, and parked (very snazzily I must say:p) outside Harry Corry, and I thought I should go in and say hi to Fozzle, I need a new laptop so should go into Almighty Cushion, and I saw Bobcar dossing around outside Homebase.

Weird. So I drove off without talking to any of ye!

Anyhoo, I have four spanking new tyres, any recommendations for a fitter? Cheap as poss, as usual.

Why didn't anyone tell me how delicious these things are? WHY?

:( I'm hurt.

What is it in a Dime bar? Is it Almond?

Also, its a bit like Snickers, they will always be Marathon bars to us.
    Feckin' Daim bars...? WTF?
    Or Oil of Olay, Ulay...? No.
    Cif - No JIF.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

What is it in a Dime bar? Is it Almond?

Also, its a bit like Snickers, they will always be Marathon bars to us.
    Feckin' Daim bars...? WTF?
    Or Oil of Olay, Ulay...? No.
    Cif - No JIF.

I agree and Starburst will always be Opal Fruits.....and now they changed Bounty kitchen rolls to Plenty....why?? I don't like it.

The bounty/plenty thing is annoying, tbh. I mean, why bother changing it?!

Mr. Xiney is rambling about "Mighty Munch vs. Monster Munch and feckin' Walkers mehhhh"

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Mr. Xiney is rambling about "Mighty Munch vs. Monster Munch and feckin' Walkers mehhhh"

ah mighty munch, they taste like what monster munch used to taste like years ago

i'm loving them again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

And tongue twisters changed to tangle twisters and now just twisters. Shameful.

We finnaly went to sligo to do our shopping since the price drops. Tesco and Dunnes are indeed cheap enough to shop in sligo but the butcher (food experience) had put his chicken up by 30%!!!:eek:!!:eek:!! I was shocked, he was more expencive with most of his meat then 6 months ago and a lot dearer as up north:(. Lidl is still the same on both sides of the border.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Just checked in online for my holiday :) It's now official, roll on Tuesday :) Oh and by the way Xiney and everyone else for that matter, I won't be around a keyboard for the 8 days I'm away between the 2nd June and the 10th June so best behaviour everyone.
    Xiney I'm sure you will be fine.

I know I haven't been around too much due to my exams and what not but I've been lurking and keeping an eye on things without logging in.

THE WEATHER IS FANTASTIC!!!!! BBQ!!!!

BTW have a great holiday bobcar!!

Oh I will

Weather isn't that fantastic but it is good enough for a BBQ, clouds have only recently passed over.

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Oh I will

Weather isn't that fantastic but it is good enough for a BBQ, clouds have only recently passed over.

It's still warm and sunny overhere in Dromahair!!

Oooh where you off to, bobcar?

Going to a villa in France,between La Rochelle and Bordeaux. Hopefully it will be a bit warmer than here.

€16 return for flights, how could I have gone wrong?

arrrrgh so jealous!!

• Advertisement

TequilaMockingChick is off to Spain in a couple of weeks. I'm being left behind. She has had a week in Disneyland Paris in March, and Spain now.

I wish I was my daughter, this kid lark seems to be great.

Advertisement