Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,012 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Xiney wrote: »
    I want a baby :(
    Want any help? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

muffler wrote: »

Is it a baby sitting service you're offering? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

LOL

so you'll help me poke holes in Mr Xiney's Condoms? Excellent.

Bought a fever thermometer in Lidl last week, had it on the bedroom dresser.

Mr Xiney: ...is that a pregnancy test?! :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 46,012 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Is it a baby sitting service you're offering? :D
    No 39 in Kama Sutra - yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

No no.. muffler's confused!

In Donegal, the "Kama Sutra" is an Indian restaurant so he's asking if you want the number 39, which is..

** looks up the menu **

.. Lamb Tikka Masala!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Is that not very exotic for donegal or is there a special sheep edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Hey all.

I want to drive to Markree Castle on Sunday. Could you kind drivers tell me the least heart-attack inducing way to go. Say from Caltragh roundabout from Caltragh.

AA route planner says I should take the second left exit. :confused: That's the pensions office. I don't need mind games like that when I'm trying to remember what foot is meant to be doing what. :p

EDIT: Google Maps a little clearer. I can get to Colooney Roundabout okay, but not sure after that. (I will invest in a map I promise.)

Hey all.

I want to drive to Markree Castle on Sunday. Could you kind drivers tell me the least heart-attack inducing way to go. Say from Caltragh roundabout from Caltragh.

AA route planner says I should take the second left exit. :confused: That's the pensions office. I don't need mind games like that when I'm trying to remember what foot is meant to be doing what. :p
    Google comes to the rescue once again!

And it's probably the way I'd go.. it's the N4 practically all the way out.

Snap Basquille!

I think I get it now. I may have to go around roundabouts a few times to get the right exit though. :o

P.S. If anyone spots a hubcap in town, it could possibly be mine! :o

Driving is so STRESSFUL!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

basquille wrote: »
    Google comes to the rescue once again!

And it's probably the way I'd go.. it's the N4 practically all the way out.

I dont think thats Markee Castle :confused: Shouldn't it be on the road from Ballygawley to Collooney just as you're coming into Collooney?

• Advertisement

gustavo wrote: »
    I dont think thats Markee Castle :confused: Shouldn't it be on the road from Ballygawley to Collooney just as you're coming into Collooney?
    Actually.. you're right.

The map linked to just bring you right to Colloney. As gustavo said, it's out the Ballygawley road. It's the roundabout exit at the service station, right?

Oh God, even Google can't do it.

I'll never make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

It's dead easy. Out the N4 until you come to the Collooney roundabout. Turn left at the roundabout (you will see the petrol station).
    Just a wee bit up that road and the castle is on your right.....can't miss it.

So which exit do I take at the Colooney roundabout? Once I'm off that God forsaken roundabout I don't mind, but I don't want to faff about on it. Sorry, and thanks, but it gives me hives just thinking about it, so advance preparation is good. :)

I need to get a decent large scale map of Sligo. Someone remind me tomorrow!

I'm also looking to buy a car (again), I'll have a look at my old thread on the subject, but any recommendations appreciated.

magnumlady wrote: »
    It's dead easy. Out the N4 until you come to the Collooney roundabout. Turn left at the roundabout (you will see the petrol station).
    Just a wee bit up that road and the castle is on your right.....can't miss it.
    MagnumLady will actually record a recording for your sat nav.

"What you wanna do there is... go out the big road til you reach one of those roundey roads type things. Then you'll see one of those fuel dispensing places. Keep going down the road.. you'll see a monkey in the middle of the road wearing a AC/DC T-shirt. He'll give you a riddle. If you answer the riddle correctly, he'll lead you down a road with a unicorn eating a sandwich and a toy soldier talking to an owl. Now....

.. don't go down that road! :D
    " *

* may not be magnumlady's actual voice and / or dialect
    So which exit do I take at the Colooney roundabout? Once I'm off that God forsaken roundabout I don't mind, but I don't want to faff about on it. Sorry, and thanks, but it gives me hives just thinking about it, so advance preparation is good.
    It's the roundabout just before the petrol station as far as I remember.

Could be wrong though!

Sorry Val, I was still writing when you posted.

I could kiss you! First right then?

MagnumLady will actually record a recording for your sat nav.

"What you wanna do there is... go out the big road til you reach one of those roundey roads type things. Then you'll see one of those fuel dispensing places. Keep going down the road.. you'll see a monkey in the middle of the road wearing a AC/DC T-shirt. He'll give you a riddle. If you get the riddle, he'll lead you down a road with a unicorn eating a sandwich and a toy soldier taking to an owl. Now....

.. don't go down that road! :D
    " *

* may not be magnumlady's actual voice and / or dialect

Could be wrong though!

Sod off you!:D

Could be wrong though!

So it's the roundabout before the roundabout with the petrol station?!!:eek:

/faints

So it's the roundabout before the roundabout with the petrol station?!!:eek:

/faints
    Whoops.. sorry, I mean exit!

Or do I? :D

If you get lost, ask the monkey wearing the AC/DC t-shirt. He'll send you the right way!

If I see the head wreckin' monkey he'd better get off the road rapid.

/considers the likeyhood of Basquille wearing an AC/DC top and hanging around Colooney roundabout looking for 3 hubcapped cars on Sunday... Result: HIGH :eek:

• Advertisement

Alright. Who's the comedian?

There is a user viewing this forum right now called GardatrafficCop.

/extra faints

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

You have John.. sure he's barely outta nappies!
    Mum, is that you?
    LOL

If that's the case, I won't use condoms at all. Checkmate. :cool:

/covers ears.

"LA LA LA LA LA - I CAN'T HEAR YOU"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I could kiss you!
    If that's the case, I won't use condoms at all. Checkmate.

Something in the water - or are you guys all on heat :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

takola wrote: »
    Yep, she wandered home this morning as though she hadn't been gone at all stew. She's annoying the older cat now! :D

I still haven't seen The Dark Knight! I'm dying to see it at this point!

Cats been stalking birds in my garden.2 casualties in 4 weeks.2 dead young blackbirds.Got myself a catapult[don't mean to injure but it's close to war].house next door has six cats last count.Nice creatures but...since my dog passed away it's been a cat invasion

Cats been stalking birds in my garden.2 casualties in 4 weeks.2 dead young blackbirds.Got myself a catapult[don't mean to injure but it's close to war].house next door has six cats last count.Nice creatures but...since my dog passed away it's been a cat invasion

Gigantic amounts of pepper thrown everywhere and a water pistol should do the trick. They also hate chicken wire and tin foil.

The catapult won't win you many friends.

(Catapult - he he)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I hear they don't like lemon juice so squirt that around the perimeter of your garden.

In local news H2DC isn't going to waste the petrol driving up late tonight to vote then driving home again early Sat morning... You win this time politicians!

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Gigantic amounts of pepper thrown everywhere and a water pistol should do the trick. They also hate chicken wire and tin foil.

The catapult won't win you many friends.

(Catapult - he he)

Ta TequilaM just going down Tescos,Eurostore and farm Co op for supplies.Catapult only for backup

What about filling a plastic bottle full of water and putting it in your garden?

I never understood why people do it but apparently it's to dissuade cats from entering your garden.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ClubOrangeKid

What about filling a plastic bottle full of water and putting it in your garden?

I never understood why people do it but apparently it's to dissuade cats from entering your garden.

yeah its cause the cat can see there on reflection on the bottle...u could buy one of those plugs that gives out like a sound that only like cats can here but it scares them off.!

Advertisement