Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I hear they don't like lemon juice so squirt that around the perimeter of your garden.

In local news H2DC isn't going to waste the petrol driving up late tonight to vote then driving home again early Sat morning... You win this time politicians!

Why didn't you register to vote where you are living instead of your homeplace? A wasted vote... you have lost your right to complain about the next council or european representatives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

yeah its cause the cat can see there on reflection on the bottle...u could buy one of those plugs that gives out like a sound that only like cats can here but it scares them off.!

There's a mangey old one-eyed cat that used to come around to attack my cat. The really weird thing is, that apart from the missing eye & a bit of extra weight & height, he is the absolute spit of my cat.... so much so, that we call him "The Evil Twin".

One day I went out the back & they were tearing into each other, but I couldn't tell which was which - it was just one big ball of ginger fur & claws flying around in circles!

Anyhow, I got sick of the bugger attacking my cat as the poor sod always came off the worst, so I threw a spud at the Evil Twin, hit him & I haven't seen him since. Could be dead for all I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Was driving down the road by the racecourse towards the Sports Complex.. they've a speed camera set up.

Well, I don't know if it's actually a speed camera. But it had a speed limit sign of 50km/h at the top, then a screen showing your speed as your go past it. But there is what looks like a screen with a flash-bulb (sorta looks like a floodlight) on it.

Anyone gonna volunteer going past it at 100km/h and see if you get a ticket in the door! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

basquille wrote: »
    Was driving down the road by the racecourse towards the Sports Complex.. they've a speed camera set up.

Well, I don't know if it's actually a speed camera. But it had a speed limit sign of 50km/h at the top, then a screen showing your speed as your go past it. But there is what looks like a screen with a flash-bulb (sorta looks like a floodlight) on it.

Anyone gonna volunteer going past it at 100km/h and see if you get a ticket in the door! :D

Will do with the first persons car that comes from Holland, fines don't arrive there!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Haven't had a proper night out in far too long. Had so much fun tonight!

Time for bed, though. sigh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Xiney wrote: »
    Haven't had a proper night out in far too long. Had so much fun tonight!

Time for bed, though. sigh!

So...? Spill, wheredya go?

Just down to the docks for the last night of the volvo ocean race (the stunning were playing)

then afterwards went to a pub, which was predictably wedged but good fun :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I'm just back from Dublin went to the musical of the War of the Worlds....fab:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Well in some local breaking news there was a break in last night in the NCT centre.

Dont think they got anything but they did some damage.

Slidey wrote: »
    Well in some local breaking news there was a break in last night in the NCT centre.

Dont think they got anything but they did some damage.
    ** snigger **

There's a punchline here somewhere..

.. nope, can't think of anything!

• Advertisement

Any helpful drivers about?

I need to go to the hospital, but I could really do without going down Wine Street at this time of day (I will soon!). If I keep on the N4 can I bypass town and go in from behind the hospital as it were?

Google maps not too clear, and no, I haven't bought that map yet. :p

You have two routes.

Am terrible with street names..

But go down over Hughes bridge, take the right before you approach Markievicz House, go over toward where Toher's is (or was) and you meet the traffic coming from town. Go up left onto Connachtan Road, keep going up Connachtan Road past the car-park. You're more or less at the hospital then.

OR

Go down over Hughes bridge, take the right after Markievicz House, go over Ashlane past Feehily's Funeral home and past the IT. Take a right up the hill at Regional Stores and you're more or less at the hospital then.

Thanks Basq, I'll go the second route. I'll be leaving in the next hour.. SO KEEP OFF THE ROAD PEOPLE!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

If you continue on Ash lane from Feehilys, there's a right turn (just before the left turn into the college carpark) which leads to the hospital car park.

If you continue on Ash lane from Feehilys, there's a right turn (just before the left turn into the college carpark) which leads to the hospital car park.
    True.. forgot about that!

by the way basquille, It's only a sign with your speed and no speed camera. tried it today by accident.

by the way basquille, It's only a sign with your speed and no speed camera. tried it today by accident.
    Ahh right.. I'd say it's probably worth installing a speed camera there.

People speed down that road.. but suppose that's true of any road "off the beaten track".

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

wheres the sign, might see if it records my speed on my road bike

:D

irish-stew wrote: »
    wheres the sign, might see if it records my speed on my road bike

:D

Its at the top of the road from the race track to the swimming pool. Basquille told where it is better a few posts back. Have to admit I always speed at that bit till I come to the swimming pool.

Let us know how fast you went. In Rotterdam we had a sign like that and it was used by all boyracers to see who's car could get the fastest at that bit. (yes, I was one of them).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Hey folks looks like it's been a very busy week and I have loads to catch up on.

Hope the weather wasn't too bad here.

• Advertisement

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Hey folks looks like it's been a very busy week and I have loads to catch up on.

Hope the weather wasn't too bad here.

Weather has been brilliant here. How was your holiday? Fresh to moderate us all again?;)

Holiday was superb,just what I needed. Got slightly burnt and have come home a different colour than I had when I left here. Food was delicious so nothing to complain about.

Landed in Dublin last night though and there was hailstones :mad: But luckily it's nice and sunny today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

where were you on holidays bobcar?

Glad to have you back bobcar!

Weather here has been lovely, although I've been religiously applying sunscreen.

Madge wrote: »
    where were you on holidays bobcar?

I went to the South West - West area of France between Bordeaux and La Rochelle. Weather was Beautiful and I'm burnt allover and have a white forehead,my fringe covered it from the sun. There was one day of rain with thunder and lightening when we came out of the Aquarium in La Rochelle but that only last for a few minutes.
    Xiney wrote: »
    Glad to have you back bobcar!

Weather here has been lovely, although I've been religiously applying sunscreen.

Ahh did you miss me Xiney, doesn't look like you had too much too do in this forum although there were pages and pages of posts and plenty of new threads which is good to see.

I went to the South West - West area of France between Bordeaux and La Rochelle. Weather was Beautiful
    Nice, any good activities to do or cool places to visit?

Well there is a lot of adventure parks and things but it was just too hot to do them.
    It's in the wine region so if wine is your thing there is loads of vineyards where you can go wine tasting but as I was driving and wine isn't my thing we didn't visit.
    Plenty of boat trips to little Islands off the coast.
    The zoo is just down the road from where I was.
    Plenty of shopping in the towns, especially in Bordeaux which has the longest shopping street in Europe:)
    And loads of restaurants serving delicious food.

Plenty of shopping in the towns, especially in Bordeaux which has the longest shopping street in Europe:)
    I didn't know that, sounds like a real good holiday destination for me :)

Went to the cinema for the first time in a long time. Went to see The Hangover, laughed the whole way through it was so funny. Would recommend any of you guys to go and see it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

According to the local grapevine, broadband should be up and shiny for people on the Gurteen exchange in the next few weeks. Yahoo!!!!

Advertisement