Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Well done Bobcar.

I was in the hospital today, and they have a large stand with a pretty, yet v bored looking girl, selling.... MORTGAGES! Grapes, magazines, surreptitious fags, yes, but mortgages?? How very odd.

And also, while I'm ranting, why isn't there somewhere you can pass on parking tickets, I popped in for 10 minutes, and still had over 2 hours left on my ticket, the minimum cost is €2.50, so I'd much rather someone else got some use out of it rather than me just binning it. Unless your going to loiter by the ticket machine to pass it on, it's such a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I share your frustration with the whole parking thing.

I popped into town for less than 10 mins yesterday. I parked in the Dunnes Carpark and as usual it's €1.20 for parking and there always seems to be an attendant around to give you a ticket. I went to the parking meter and my money got jammed in the stupid parking meter:mad: So I left it and went into Pennys but thankfully I didn't get a ticket. There was nobody around for me to complain to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 thecraichead

I'm a total chancer regarding parking if its only for a few minutes. €1.20 for a 15 minute runaround isn't worth it..

If its gonna be any longer i don't mind paying

• Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

There's a few places around town (think the small Car Park up the Mall across from The Leitrim is one) that let you pay an amount and it gives you a time allocation depending on how much you paid.

For example.. if it's €1.80 for an hour, you can pay 90c and get 30 minutes. I could be wrong but someone was telling me about it.

When I go into town, I tend to park in the Market Yard (€2.50 daily rate but I can avoid traffic in town). But of course awkward if you wanna do a big shop.

Last day I went into town for lunch, I parked in the car park up Connaughtan Road. Went to the Post Office and was sitting in Subway enjoying my lunch when I realised I never bought a ticket! :D

Luckily, no fine for me when I went back!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Well done Bobcar...it's better to have failed one and passed the rest the other way around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Where is St.Joachim's? I know where John Street is but not Saint Johns Street.
    Btw, I don't have an answer to your question, doubt anyone would, maybe the council but nobody seems to get anywhere with the council.

St John's Terrace (not Street, sorry) runs from Barrack Street to Fort Hill. St Joachim's Terace is somwhere off the Chapel Street roundabout.

The full list is even longer than i thought originally: St. Aisicus Terrace, St. Annes Terrace, St. Brigids Place, St. Columbas Apartments, St. Edwards Terrace, St. Joachims Terrace, St. Johns Terrace, St. Josephs Terrace, St. Marys Terrace, St. Michaels Terrace, St. Patricks Avenue, St. Patricks Terrace.

Exams: If it has "Pass" next to your name you should be OK but I suppose you won't be happy until you get official confirmation. Is there someone at the IT who could tell you before Friday? Good Luck, anyway.

I've just sent the e-mail so hopefully I will get an answer. I've had to repeat exams before in college in Galway and I failed them so I don't want to have to repeat more 1st year exams in Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Hopefully you won't have to. Repeating exams sounds like a pain in the hole.

In other news, I just made 20 euro! W00t! (I converted someone's VHS tape to DVD for them)

Am well chuffed :)

Does that take long to do and is it easy? Pesumably you had to buy some sort of hardware/software?

Yeah, we bought a yoke that hooks up to the computer because John had a bunch of tapes he wanted to convert.

So if we're being technical I'm still in the red on the purchase...

But it's easy enough to get it onto the computer. Had a bit of trial and error finding a good program to convert it to DVD from mpeg but eventually got it. Once you've got the right program you basically just set it and walk away, although it took about an hour to convert a 45 minute mpeg. (Which is nothing since it took me about 2 days to find a good program so once it was done I was relieved)

• Advertisement

My day keeps getting worse. Just got a text message from the Auld man himself saying "Speeding ticket of €135 arrived in post for speeding on the Royan-Pontiallac road" He is going to pay it online for me.

I don't even know where Pontillac is? But he wants the money this weekend :( Money I don't have :(

dude, that's terrible.

I don't know where pontillac is either.

That's not the terrible part though. And it was only on the 2nd day of the holiday,hopefully more wont arrive.

Hopefully this works.
    I had a quick look on google maps and found Pontaillic.

It's here

You can't embed iFrames bobcar! ;)

EDIT: My link didn't work! :(

bobcar61 wrote: »
    That's not the terrible part though. And it was only on the 2nd day of the holiday,hopefully more wont arrive.

No I know you meant the money!

sorry, reading it back now I see what you mean.

...how did they find you? was it a rental?

It didn't work for me either the first time but it did the 2nd time after I edited it.

Xiney wrote: »
    No I know you meant the money!

sorry, reading it back now I see what you mean.

...how did they find you? was it a rental?

Nope it's a car we own over there and the car is registered in dads name and it was posted to the house over there.

aah

that's a massive speeding ticket though. wow.

I know

At least there is no points, it would usually be around €60 fine and 2 penalty points here wouldn't it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Well done Bobcar.

I was in the hospital today, and they have a large stand with a pretty, yet v bored looking girl, selling.... MORTGAGES! Grapes, magazines, surreptitious fags, yes, but mortgages?? How very odd.

And also, while I'm ranting, why isn't there somewhere you can pass on parking tickets, I popped in for 10 minutes, and still had over 2 hours left on my ticket, the minimum cost is €2.50, so I'd much rather someone else got some use out of it rather than me just binning it. Unless your going to loiter by the ticket machine to pass it on, it's such a waste.

I always give my ticket away

Ya know how I was worrying about exam results, well no need to worry. I got an e-mail from one of my lecturers who I e-mailed yesterday and she told me that my Maths exam was compensated so I don't need to repeat it. Phew, no more Maths for me, I hate that subject.

awesome news!

Congrats again mate.

I'm over the moon guys, I've done the whole 1st year of college in Galway but I failed the Summer exams and the repeats so I didn't want to have the same experience here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Well done you!! Woohoo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

CONGRATS!!!

CONGRATS!!!

Will you be joining me in the I.T in Spetember. What was it you applied to do..tree hugging?:P

Mrs.T wrote: »
    Well done you!! Woohoo!!

Good to see you back Mrs T! Hope you and Lil' Mz T are doing well. x

• Advertisement

I trust no one with the love of my live!! Sorry Mrs.T

:eek:

Advertisement