Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

I like it too. Who's going to believe that she fell asleep. Didn't she also blame it on language barrier?.... doesn't she have three fingers to hold up? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

see if she falls asleep with the laser removal aswell. seemingly that's just as sore. Never done it myself though.When I don't like a tattoo I just get it covered. twice the feeling out of one piece of skin!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

I always wondered, do Mrs.T and darealtulip talk in real life or just on the boards?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

I always wondered, do Mrs.T and darealtulip talk in real life or just on the boards?:D

Why should we talk in real life when we have a pc AND a laptop? ;):D:D:D

Isn't this real life?:eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Damn Homebase.. girlfriend wanted to go up to buy that nifty Kenwood's Mini Chopper for her Dad for father's day. Was available for half price until recently. Only for it to be back up to full price when we arrived up today! :(

Give 'em hell for me bobcar!

Oh and fozzle. I was in Harry Corry too.. you weren't the girl who helped us out late this afternoon. You weren't the girl who helped myself and my girlfriend with our kitchen blind conundrum - weren't sure on the length of the blind and whether to get a 6ft or 5ft. Probably not.. she seemed a bit young..... oh ummm... I mean "younger"!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Fozzle is the woman that I'm sure was asking nearly everyone to sponsor her for the skinny dip tomorrow in Rosses Point I think.
    She even came into homebase asking people to sponsor her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Fozzle is the woman that I'm sure was asking nearly everyone to sponsor her for the skinny dip tomorrow in Rosses Point I think.
    She even came into homebase asking people to sponsor her.

It would probably be helpful if you didn't advertise where there are going to be 500 naked women on a public forum. As usual, your lack of tact irritates me.

She should be running about now. WELL DONE FOZZLE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

It would probably be helpful if you didn't advertise where there are going to be 500 naked women on a public forum. As usual, your lack of tact irritates me.

She should be running about now. WELL DONE FOZZLE!!

and he has the location wrong ;) ...not far wrong ... but wrong anyway

I wasn't advertising where there would be a women only skinny dip. It was in the papers I think and there was loads of posters around the college, it was in aid of the Irish cancer society.
    It was meant to be in Rosses Point but the organisers thought it was a place where too many people could be looking and also the shortage of parking so the partakers got a text message last night telling them it would be in Lissadell instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

bobcar61 wrote: »
    I wasn't advertising where there would be a women only skinny dip. It was in the papers I think and there was loads of posters around the college, it was in aid of the Irish cancer society.
    It was meant to be in Rosses Point but the organisers thought it was a place where too many people could be looking and also the shortage of parking so the partakers got a text message last night telling them it would be in Lissadell instead.

I know, I'm only pulling your leg. I knew it was in Lissadell since last Monday.

Just booked me hols - myself and the "moth" are going to Rhodes for 7 nights at end of July.

Very good value too. For the two of us:

* A night in Days Inn hotel besides airport (as flight at 5.55am): €35
    * Flights to Rhodes from Dublin (return): €192 for both of us (including a bag)
    * 7 nights in a good hotel - ranked #11 of over 400 hotels on TripAdvisor: €152 (that's for both of us for 7 nights!)

Not too shabby!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

wow! incredible deal!

basquille wrote: »
    Just booked me hols - myself and the "moth" are going to Rhodes for 7 nights at end of July.

* 7 nights in a good hotel - ranked #11 of over 400 hotels on TripAdvisor: €152 (that's for both of us for 7 nights!)

Not too shabby!

Nice deal Basquille.

Any tips on how to get that price for Days Hotel? I'm getting €119 for the night. Bewleys are €79. I want somewhere cheap, we'll only be there a few hours.

kip on the benches in the airport!

none of this fancy hotel shite for the likes of the Xineys ;)

Go by Expedia.co.uk - we got a night for £49 sterling but had a voucher for £20 via a Bargain Alerts thread, so £29 all-in.

Go by Expedia.co.uk - we got a night for £49 sterling but had a voucher for £20 via a Bargain Alerts thread, so £29 all-in.

Thanks Basquille, I forgot I had one of the Expedia vouchers, so I got the Express Holiday Inn for €40 including breakfast :). They have a shuttle service which I love, as I can't be doing with cranky taxi drivers bitchin' about the short run. :rolleyes: Just what you need coming off a late flight.

@ Xiney. Sleep in the airport? Maybe 20 years ago, not a hope of it now! I need a bed, coffee and a shower. Or else I will die. FACT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Xiney wrote: »
    kip on the benches in the airport!

none of this fancy hotel shite for the likes of the Xineys ;)

I thought there was a new late-night bus service from Sligo to the airport? (or did I dream that? Quite possibly!)

Not too shabby!

That's a bargain and a half basquille. I'm jealous now, thanks for that:rolleyes:

I'm living the life today, no work to worry about as I'm off and I have the laptop and the stero outside so the tunes are blaring and I've also got a nice chilled pint of cider beside me while getting a tan :)

Who said men cant multi-task:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Can I ask a big favour of you all please.
    Would you sign this petition against the cutbacks at Our Ladys Hospital, Crumlin:
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/10MOLCHC/

My son is awaiting an operation at the moment, he is one of 168 on the spinal waiting list:
    http://magnumlady.wordpress.com/2009/06/24/cutbacks-in-crumlin/

Thanks in advance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

magnumlady wrote: »
    Would you sign this petition against the cutbacks at Our Ladys Hospital, Crumlin:

My son is awaiting an operation at the moment, he is one of 168 on the spinal waiting list:

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Magnumlady, and my thoughts are with you and your son waiting his operation. I can only imagine you must have been in such emotional turmoil for so long.
    I was up there a few weeks ago and the work they do in Crumlin is incredible. It is shocking that the government again attempts to cut back on such essential services. :(:mad:
    People should flag the petition if they can to their friends. (i see theres a facebook option as well). Thanks again for raising attention to this.

Thanks tuppence, I appreciate your reply.
    Anyone else like to sign please?:(

I thought Sligo got a new mod when I saw IronyMaiden was a mod of the Sligo forum but infact it's only Xiney. I had to look twice.

:pac:

Signed it ML.

All the best to you and J.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Cheeky Munky

I've also signed it Magnum Lady and emailed it to everyone in my address book.

I hope your little boy get his operation soon and it goes well

Thanks Cheeky Munky:)

Thanks in advance.

We signed aswell, what is that paying stuff??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hi guys

Just a quick question. Need to get some photo's done for college accomodation. How much does the machine in Tesco charge for it. I need two photos.

Thank you.

Advertisement