Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

We signed aswell, what is that paying stuff??

Just ignore the paying bit (that's the ipetitions website)....it's not my petition by the way it was started by some concerned mums, but if it helps us to get the treatment our children need then it will be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

howdy all, back from me holiers, did i miss much
    DenMan wrote: »
    Hi guys

Just a quick question. Need to get some photo's done for college accomodation. How much does the machine in Tesco charge for it. I need two photos.

Thank you.

would be reluctant to use tescos machine, got my passport pictures done there, were rejected by the passport office due to focus (college pics may not be as strict), go to the pharacy near easons

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭DenMan

Cheers.

I actually went down and got them done in Tesco yes. It was 6 euro for 4 passport photos. Quality was very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

magnumlady wrote: »
    Anyone else like to sign please?:(

Hi magnumlady I've signed the petition. Am currently persuing the govt. myself for a health related issue so I know what you're feeling!

Denman, my parents got passport pics done there too and the quality was grand and they were accepted by the passport office.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Madge wrote: »
    Hi magnumlady I've signed the petition. Am currently persuing the govt. myself for a health related issue so I know what you're feeling!

Denman, my parents got passport pics done there too and the quality was grand and they were accepted by the passport office.

Thanks Madge, best of luck with your issue, hope you get it sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Jaysus.. there's some serious traffic round for that match.

Went for a trip to Forest Park in Boyle and came back into town onto the Caltragh Roundabout and there were cars parked the whole way around it and over Crozon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

basquille wrote: »

Went for a trip to Forest Park in Boyle and came back into town onto the Caltragh Roundabout and there were cars parked the whole way around it and over Crozon.

Well the stadium was half empty so it must have been Gardai policy to get people to park there....it wasn't huge numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

basquille wrote: »

I know! There were loads of garda as well, waving on free flowing traffic but not stopping pedestrians from crossing the road when the light was green :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Retail car park was full as well and cars were parked down as far as the Carraroe Roundabout. Something like 12,000 people at the match I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Just ignore the paying bit (that's the ipetitions website)....it's not my petition by the way it was started by some concerned mums, but if it helps us to get the treatment our children need then it will be worth it.

Yep I was on the list after I ignored it, thanks

• Advertisement

I do a fair bit of shopping in PC World here in Sligo. I need a lot of new components and it's great because I always 'pop' into KFC aswell. :D

I often wonder why the PC World Irish website http://www.pcworld.ie/ has been 'under construction' for the better part of two years. Don't they realise they are missing out on vital transactions and customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭MoonDancer

Can I ask a big favour of you all please.
    Would you sign this petition against the cutbacks at Our Ladys Hospital, Crumlin:
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/10MOLCHC/

My son is awaiting an operation at the moment, he is one of 168 on the spinal waiting list:
    http://magnumlady.wordpress.com/2009/06/24/cutbacks-in-crumlin/

Thanks in advance.

I have also signed this for you :D
    Hope your son makes a speedy recovery after his op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

I often wonder why the PC World Irish website http://www.pcworld.ie/ has been 'under construction' for the better part of two years. Don't they realise they are missing out on vital transactions and customers.

Terrible site. At the very least why don't they have the numbers of the individual stores listed?!!

I do a fair bit of shopping in PC World here in Sligo. I need a lot of new components and it's great because I always 'pop' into KFC aswell. :D

it's like that for the past year

The currys website is the exact same for and has been for at least 2 years, the same as PC World.
    I wonder if the site was up and running would they earn much more money through sales, I'm sure they would.

bobcar61 wrote: »
    The currys website is the exact same for and has been for at least 2 years, the same as PC World.
    I wonder if the site was up and running would they earn much more money through sales, I'm sure they would.

or not because you can see the price diference with the uk. or compare with other online shops and they will lose.

A beers in Sligo would be cool. Don't think there has ever been one. Could we organise one? Sick of having to go home to Dublin all the time for them.

A beers in Sligo would be cool. Don't think there has ever been one. Could we organise one? Sick of having to go home to Dublin all the time for them.

there has been atleast two, at the first 4 of us turned up

;)

irish-stew wrote: »
    there has been atleast two, at the first 4 of us turned up

;)

That's not too bad. 4 is better than 3. ;)

Shall we go again?

That's not too bad. 4 is better than 3. ;)

Shall we go again?

name a time and date denman, start a thread, best way i think is an impromtu anouncment, although i am ruled out for the next three weekends, most week nights are good for me

• Advertisement

irish-stew wrote: »
    name a time and date denman, start a thread, best way i think is an impromtu anouncment, although i am ruled out for the next three weekends, most week nights are good for me

Most nights suit me as well. There might be some nights where I'm working and wont be able to make it down till about half 10 or so but I should never be too late.

Yeah we'll deffo try and get something organised soon. Don't know which bar would be the best. A friend of mine works in Hargadons and she has asked me down to it. Never in it before. Been hearing great things about it though. Like stepping back in time they say.

Guys I need your help,

I've an 80's theme night coming up soon and yes it's fancy dress. I need something to wear. What should it be and where would I get something suitable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

That´s pretty easy because the 80´s are back in fashion. I would go for the Wham "wake me up before you go go" look with the florescent gloves-socks. Or Boy George Karma Chameleon style....I could go on and on!

P.S. Check out the time..... I am feeding whilst on my new netbook! Rock n Roll!

I was going to ask what you were doing up at that hour of the night but I presumed it was to do with Feanna :)

Thanks for the help Mrs.T.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jazyguy

Try here www.ballinacostumecompany.net

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

So I had my second driving lesson this week, and I learned hill starting and downhill starting and I went around roads that bend! oooh :pac:

It's all terribly exciting. I made a pretty bad mistake yesterday (turning left while a car was coming, oops) and cut the car out a few times but all in all I think I'm doing pretty well. I mean, I haven't killed anyone so I'm ranking that as a positive. I'm totally impressed with myself anyway.

I was in second gear going about 40 km/h and thinking to myself, omg, this is the fastest I've ever gone! (obviously ignoring the fact that I've been in things driven by other people)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I can't keep track of your names!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I went back to the original and best because I missed it, and because everyone kept calling me Xiney anyway :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Xiney wrote: »
    So I had my second driving lesson this week, and I learned hill starting and downhill starting and I went around roads that bend! oooh :pac:

It's all terribly exciting. I made a pretty bad mistake yesterday (turning left while a car was coming, oops) and cut the car out a few times but all in all I think I'm doing pretty well. I mean, I haven't killed anyone so I'm ranking that as a positive. I'm totally impressed with myself anyway.

I was in second gear going about 40 km/h and thinking to myself, omg, this is the fastest I've ever gone! (obviously ignoring the fact that I've been in things driven by other people)

Brilliant! Well done Xiney. Wait till you get the theme tune to "Born Free" running through your head once you hit 45mph - :D

Advertisement