Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Brilliant! Well done Xiney. Wait till you get the theme tune to "Born Free" running through your head once you hit 45mph - :D

I think I'd like to get a bit more confident with steering before I go that fast :pac:

And my bombing down the road at speed song of choice would definitely be this one:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Xiney wrote: »
    So I had my second driving lesson this week, and I learned hill starting and downhill starting and I went around roads that bend! oooh :pac:

It's all terribly exciting. I made a pretty bad mistake yesterday (turning left while a car was coming, oops) and cut the car out a few times but all in all I think I'm doing pretty well. I mean, I haven't killed anyone so I'm ranking that as a positive. I'm totally impressed with myself anyway.

I was in second gear going about 40 km/h and thinking to myself, omg, this is the fastest I've ever gone! (obviously ignoring the fact that I've been in things driven by other people)

well done you!!! I remember the first time I drove 30 miles aswell. Seemed so fast, now I'm swearing at people doing 50km where you are allowed 100km!

finn wants to write a post. so here it goes:

fgfffrrgttt t t6t:eek: bbbb:eek::eek::(:(:mad::mad::p:p:pac::pac::o:cool::cool::o

(This really the way his emotions go at the moment, and I had toshorten it because ther were only 15 allowed)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Dear Finn,

Thank you for your message.

I heard you got a new baby sister and that you are a very, very, very good big brother.

I bet your Mum and Dad are very proud of you.

:pac::D;):p:):P:pac::D:)

With kind regards (and tickles if I ever meet you)
    TMB :)

Dear Finn,

Thank you for your message.

I heard you got a new baby sister and that you are a very, very, very good big brother.

I bet your Mum and Dad are very proud of you

With kind regards (and tickles if I ever meet you)
    TMB

Dear TMB,

nnnnnnnnnnnnnn:eek::eek::eek::eek::cool::cool::o:o:o:o:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:ccccc

Finn.

(he loved your post and loves posting!)

• Advertisement

I think The Wee Man talks more sense here than a lot of us. :D

I think The Wee Man talks more sense here than a lot of us. :D

LOL you mean me??

you're probaly right!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Has anybody ever gone into the Spar on Pearse Road to get milk, specifically the Spar own brand milk and they don't have it.
    Every time I've gone in they have a big sign saying 2L for €1.70 I think but the milk is never there.
    Why fork out €2.40 or so for 2L of Connacht Gold milk when you can get it for €1.70.
    You'd think the shelves would be packed with the stuff, it's a recession after all and the cheaper alternative is always good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭DenMan

Can't say I have Bob. Must be hot off the shelves. Doesn't last very long.

Anybody go into Centra in Maugheraboy and the ATM isn't working? Happens to me a lot. Today was a wondrous event though. It was actually working.

I find that ATM's in a lot of shops are often out of order, especially the one in Centra on Castle Street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

DenMan wrote: »
    Can't say I have Bob. Must be hot off the shelves. Doesn't last very long.

Anybody go into Centra in Maugheraboy and the ATM isn't working? Happens to me a lot. Today was a wondrous event though. It was actually working.

have noticed it alot in there denman, seems to be more often either in the morning or evening, any one know if these machines are stocked by the shop of the bank

:confused:

I thought all ATM's within a shop are the shops responsibility to fill, they are most often out of order in the evening because the shop didn't put enough money into it in the morning.

I just buy milk at Lidl - but I'm cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭DenMan

I just buy milk at Lidl - but I'm cheap!

What!!! I do all my shopping in Lidl, I love it, and I'm not cheap. I'm cool. :cool:

yeah, I do all my shopping in Lidl too :)

I don't like their tortillas though, I go to Dunnes for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

yeah, I do all my shopping in Lidl too :)

I don't like their tortillas though, I go to Dunnes for them.

Last time I was in Lidl, I bought some german bacon, a spirit level & a snorkel, then took a trip out to Strandhill for a spot of snorkelling, just to see if german bacon would stay level under water.

I never reached a conclusive answer though, as the spirit level was faulty.

I got a refund though, so it wasn't a complete waste of time.

I can't remember if it was ever mentioned but the man selling fish from the trailer outside Lidl was shut down because he had no license. Maybe more suitable for the "Stores Closing" thread:D

bobcar61 wrote: »
    I can't remember if it was ever mentioned but the man selling fish from the trailer outside Lidl was shut down because he had no license. Maybe more suitable for the "Stores Closing" thread:D

What a dipstick! The fish there was fantastic too - fresh as f*ck and a great variety of stock... can't believe they never got a licence.. divvies.

I think the guy who ran it lives just off Mail Coach Road, I saw a sign attached to a gatepost. Maybe if you called he might get your fish for you.

Daft, he seemed to be doing really well there. Surprisingly.

mmmm

bacon.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Has anybody ever gone into the Spar on Pearse Road to get milk, specifically the Spar own brand milk and they don't have it.
    Every time I've gone in they have a big sign saying 2L for €1.70 I think but the milk is never there.
    Why fork out €2.40 or so for 2L of Connacht Gold milk when you can get it for €1.70.
    You'd think the shelves would be packed with the stuff, it's a recession after all and the cheaper alternative is always good.

Dunnes and Tesco have their own brand milk for 1.49 for 2L.
    I saw today the newsagents opposite the cinema have milk for 1.39 for 2L.

It's a lot of hassle to go into Tesco or Dunnes just to get some milk, usually the local newsagents will do for those little bits and seeing as I pass Cannings Spar every time I'm going to work it's handy for me to get the few bits in there.

I went in today to get bread and the usual bits and the milk was on the shelves:D Someone must have seen my post:P

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MRS.T!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Too cheap to buy a card, eh?

basquille wrote: »
    Too cheap to buy a card, eh?

Hey I'm Dutch, if I can save a penny I will!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Aaaawww! Thank you Darling!! I'll just print this out and put it on the mantlepiece......fancy more cake? :D

Hey I'm Dutch, if I can save a penny I will!!:D

And she's Scottish... :eek::D

Mrs.T wrote: »
    Aaaawww! Thank you Darling!! I'll just print this out and put it on the mantlepiece......fancy more cake? :D

Always darling, especially when you made it!!
    And she's Scottish... :eek::D

See why it's a match!!

A boy came home from school and told his mother he had been given a part in the school play. "Wonderful," says the mother, "What part is it?" The boy says "I play the part of the Scottish husband!" The mother scowls and says: "Go back and tell your teacher you want a speaking part."

I met a Dutch girl with inflatable shoes last week, phoned her up to arrange a date but unfortunately she’d popped her clogs.

I should do stand up. :)

• Advertisement

A boy came home from school and told his mother he had been given a part in the school play. "Wonderful," says the mother, "What part is it?" The boy says "I play the part of the Scottish husband!" The mother scowls and says: "Go back and tell your teacher you want a speaking part."

I met a Dutch girl with inflatable shoes last week, phoned her up to arrange a date but unfortunately she’d popped her clogs.

I should do stand up. :)

Are you sure it was not a inflatable dutch girl??

I had to laugh though!!

Advertisement