Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

A boy came home from school and told his mother he had been given a part in the school play. "Wonderful," says the mother, "What part is it?" The boy says "I play the part of the Scottish husband!" The mother scowls and says: "Go back and tell your teacher you want a speaking part."

I met a Dutch girl with inflatable shoes last week, phoned her up to arrange a date but unfortunately she’d popped her clogs.

I should do stand up. :)

Maybe you shouldn't..... ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Are you sure it was not a inflatable dutch girl??

I had to laugh though!!

That's possible.... on the first date, we went back to her place & we were getting it on... but when I gave her a love-bite, she farted & flew out the window.

Stand up?

Maybe I should sit down!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hi fellow sligonians

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Hi Tar :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

That's possible.... on the first date, we went back to her place & we were getting it on... but when I gave her a love-bite, she farted & flew out the window.

Stand up?

Maybe I should sit down!

You should be on the stage......sweeping it:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I think Magnumlady has more of a chance doing stand up than you do Starbelgrade:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Hi fellow sligonians

I'm not really a sligonian but hello anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hi guys. Thinking of going for a double whammy soon.

Going to start surfing lessons and am thinking of going to the celtic seaweed baths after it. Anybody ever in them before?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

The seaweed baths are amazing in my experience but as for the surfing...I wouldn't have a notion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

The cheque is in the post Bobcar:D

The seaweed baths are great, a lovely way to relax and unwind, just don't go in there after a few drinks.

• Advertisement

If anybody is interested I was in Centra in Maugheraboy a few days ago and saw the pixi foto machine inside. It's huge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

DenMan wrote: »
    If anybody is interested I was in Centra in Maugheraboy a few days ago and saw the pixi foto machine inside. It's huge.

There's also pixie photo machine beside it. Tiny, so it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I found us a new apartment!

Oh man guys, I'm so happy. It's way cheaper than what we're paying now, bigger, and they have no problem with Jake. So happy. The landlady is super cool.

That's fab news Xiney.

Well done to you. :)

Xiney wrote: »
    I found us a new apartment!

Oh man guys, I'm so happy. It's way cheaper than what we're paying now, bigger, and they have no problem with Jake. So happy. The landlady is super cool.

COOL, congrats!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

anybody elses power go out there??:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,889 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Congrats Xiney..

My power didn't go out...

.. but I probably should mention I'm in Germany! :D

anybody elses power go out there??:mad:

My lights just flicked but that was it.

Congrats Xiney, do I hear your having a party, give me the address and I'm there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

the lights did flicker in the house a few days ago now that i think about it

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

Yeah same here, I heard the next day that all the electricity went out for a bit on our road

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Why is there nothing to do:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Hospital supply, so the lights have only gone out here once and that was during the really bad Stephens night about 8 years ago:D

Did anyone see loads of smoke over at the Dromahair side of Lough Gill? Does anyone know what might have been going on?

That question is kinda aimed towards Mr and Mrs T;)

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Did anyone see loads of smoke over at the Dromahair side of Lough Gill? Does anyone know what might have been going on?

That question is kinda aimed towards Mr and Mrs T;)

maybe our neighbours lighting their cole and nappy fire?

Didn't see a thing but we will keep a ear open for the local gossip

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Seen a few people down leitrim way gathering up some wicker alright. Its that time of year again, those naughty locals. :rolleyes:
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_A3CZmkLo5mw/SX41HGSQ09I/AAAAAAAAESQ/uK7XVOkT-xE/s320/TheWickerMan_readyforHowie.jpg

tuppence wrote: »
    Seen a few people down leitrim way gathering up some wicker alright. Its that time of year again, those naughty locals. :rolleyes:
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_A3CZmkLo5mw/SX41HGSQ09I/AAAAAAAAESQ/uK7XVOkT-xE/s320/TheWickerMan_readyforHowie.jpg

:D

Does anyone else think that the roadworks on Pearse road were a complete waste of time and money.
    They put in an island in the road and re-surfaced it,it didn't even need to be re-surfaced until they dug it up. And the council are meant to be short on money, I would have suggested they spend it on something better.

"County Council in waste-of-money shocker!"

;)

Guys I'm going away tomorrow morning down to Limerick and will be home on Wednesday. 14 of us from work are heading down for a good aul session which is badly needed for me.
    I've had a crappy few days since my car crash on Friday hence I've not been around too much.

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear about that bobcar61. Hope your feeling better. :)

Have a great one.

Advertisement