Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Yep I'm fine, car isn't too good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Sorry to hear about that Mark. Hope you enjoy your few days away.

On a different matter, my son was mentioned in the Daily Mail today as part of their campaign to stop the cutbacks in Crumlin:
    http://magnumlady.wordpress.com/2009/08/17/crumlin-cutbacks/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Bobcar glad you're ok.... were you being a boy racer? ;)

Val, What a gorgeous photo of you two!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

magnumlady wrote: »
    On a different matter, my son was mentioned in the Daily Mail today as part of their campaign to stop the cutbacks in Crumlin:

Well done for offering yourselves up in order to keep the pressure on for this worthwhile campaign. :)

Thanks, just hoping it does some good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Thanks, just hoping it does some good.
    Well media attention can sometimes be what make these "people" turn around on these decisions. Although with mary harney she is a different species so it might do no good at all. All the best though for your son.

If anybody is on Facebook, I just found two petition pages for Crumlin children hospital. I've just joined them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭DenMan

Mrs.T wrote: »
    If anybody is on Facebook, I just found two petition pages for Crumlin children hospital. I've just joined them.

They are up on bebo too Mrs T. Save Our Lady's Childrens Hospital Crumlin. Hope it helps. :)

I've joined the facebook groups too.

Just had the Sligo Champion around. So hoping that something does some good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

He's lucky to have you as a Mum Val. Good luck with it all. xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

He's lucky to have you as a Mum Val. Good luck with it all. xx

+1 Good luck with it Val

Just had the Sligo Champion around. So hoping that something does some good.
    Fair play to you. Keep up the good work and keep the faith. Use whatever you have to. (here included ;) am sure theres people would be keen in helping out, have good contacts etc to forward you)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Seriously, anything we can do to help, you name it.

Thanks Xiney, you are all very kind.

Xiney, you moved into a new place today didn't you? I know the internet has not quite followed you yet, but seriously when is this party?

Congrats on the new place,hope you have many happy times there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Actually, the new place's layout is very very similar to our apartment in Montreal... which was GREAT for parties :D

(Or well, civilized wine & cheese dos, since the landlord lives upstairs in this one......)

Sorry to hear about that Mark. Hope you enjoy your few days away.

Hi Magnumlady, you probably spotted this already on Crumlin. (Sligo Vision flagged it from Times article) Just thought it may be of general interest as its all related. How drs do there jobs there in this system is hard to contemplate. (and with political interference:rolleyes:) And most of the unit built by donations yet they couldnt hire an immunologist through public financing when the country could afford it. The priorities of the government have been and continue to be so skewed. (The erosion through privatiisation etc...Boston not berlin...growl)

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/ireland/article6806637.ece

tuppence wrote: »
    Hi Magnumlady, you probably spotted this already on Crumlin. (Sligo Vision flagged it from Times article) Just thought it may be of general interest as its all related. How drs do there jobs there in this system is hard to contemplate. (and with political interference:rolleyes:) And most of the unit built by donations yet they couldnt hire an immunologist through public financing when the country could afford it. The priorities of the government have been and continue to be so skewed. (The erosion through privatiisation etc...Boston not berlin...growl)

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/ireland/article6806637.ece

Thanks Tuppence, the link won't work though.
    When we were in Dublin yesterday we saw some 'art' that cost the government 8 million. It was just red poles and green benches (that was meant to represent grass and trees). It makes my blood boil.
    http://www.dublindocklands.ie/index.jsp?p=218&n=295&a=1074

Got to read the article on the Sligovison site, thanks.

Thanks Tuppence, the link won't work though.
    When we were in Dublin yesterday we saw some 'art' that cost the government 8 million. It was just red poles and green benches (that was meant to represent grass and trees). It makes my blood boil.
    http://www.dublindocklands.ie/index.jsp?p=218&n=295&a=1074

Got to read the article on the Sligovison site, thanks.

Yes its not the smoothest of links.
    From Sligovision.
    http://www.sligovision.com/?p=385

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Well done speaking up Val!

Gah! Mr.Me emailed eircom to see if they could give him any precise details on when in the "July to September" period we'll be seeing our internet. The response was that it'll be the "October to December" time period. *dies*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

hope it all works out magnumlady, just goes to show how badly this country has its priorities at the moment, even during a recession vital areas and groups of our population are still missing out

on another subject, was anyone at the maugheraboy community centre last night, got a flyer though the door in the week about road realigment on the church road/maugheraboy road/tracy avenue. anyone have ideas what the plans are, didn't make the meeting my self but a few of us were thinking what it might be, traffic calming, islands, mini round abouts. couldn't see anything on the sligococo website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭pete2009

I bought a large bag of charcoal 4de bar-b-que, last week July...it hasnt had the opportunity to be used..so what d'ya reckon...store away? leave handy? or emigrate for sunnier climes?

I'd put it in the garage if I were you, it's keeping it handy while storing it away at the same time. You still might get a chance to use the BBQ, I believe Saturday should be a nice day and people are expecting the start of September to be nice(when kids are back to school...typical)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

pete2009 wrote: »
    I bought a large bag of charcoal 4de bar-b-que, last week July...it hasnt had the opportunity to be used..so what d'ya reckon...store away? leave handy? or emigrate for sunnier climes?

Dont worry schools are starting soon so the weather will be brilliant again.

Yep, school is back on Monday, so I would imagine planning a bbq for Monday evening would be a safe bet.

*goes out into Hurricane Bill to drag in buckets of coal*

School is back. My theory is crap. I have never seen rain like it, daughter gone in to school soaked.

My half-hearted attempts at being a Yummy Mummy were foiled. Mascara running down face and the wet t-shirt look is a bit too rock n' roll for first day back.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Mascara running down face and the wet t-shirt look is a bit too rock n' roll for first day back.
    Sure ya may as well done a pole dance while you were at it! ;):D

School is back. My theory is crap. I have never seen rain like it, daughter gone in to school soaked.

My half-hearted attempts at being a Yummy Mummy were foiled. Mascara running down face and the wet t-shirt look is a bit too rock n' roll for first day back.

School doesn't go back till tomorrow here.... there is still a chance. It'll probably pour down after I get my hair done at Peter Marks.....

I go back on the 15th, so I have another 2 weeks of waiting for the sun to come out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

bobcar61 wrote: »
    I go back on the 15th, so I have another 2 weeks of waiting for the sun to come out.

Partime student!! My course is starting on the 8th and I'm registering the 7th and do summer school right now.

Advertisement