Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Maybe if they took the 0 off at the end of the price they might sell better. Then again if they scan at the wrong price to what is advertised on the shelf, Tesco will give them for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Maybe if they took the 0 off at the end of the price they might sell better. Then again if they scan at the wrong price to what is advertised on the shelf, Tesco will give them for free.
    But then again.. if they are the right price, you'd look like a fecking eejit!

You: "Uhhhhh... are these not mispriced?"
    Tesco Employee: "No.."
    You: "Oh.. you see I only bought them on the assumption they are.. so I'd get them free!"
    Tesco Employee: "Well, aren't you the smart man? Anyways, enjoy your truffles..."

Just bring them to the price check scanner beside the pastas and check for yourself instead of bringing them to the checkout.

But I don't quite understand your logic bobcar...

Surely you'd only want your money back if over-charged.

So if they scanned at a more realistic cheaper price (say €4), you could go up and buy them at the cheaper price. But you couldn't really go back and say "well, it says they're €25.. I only paid €3 so do I get them free?". They'd more than likely respond with "you bought them and were willing to pay €25 as advertised, you paid €4 and yet you want them free!", then they'd stare at your blankly.

If they were advertised at €4 and you paid €6, you'd get them free when you bring it to their attention.

Something that can be got for free is still better than paying €3 or €4. Cut me some slack, I'm a student and if I can save €4 then I will:D:D

Obviously if something is priced at €25 and scans at €3 and you ask if you can have it free the person on the checkout will look at you with a blank face.

And then it goes without saying if it was priced at €4 and scanned at more then you'd bring it to their attention.

I've lost count with how many times I've been asked if they can have something for free...ehh No!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I'm just wondering what muppet puts the prices on the shelves, when they are obviously wrong.
    I emailed Tesco just to let them know....no reply.

Fairly quiet in here these last few days, what have people been up to for the weekend.
    I spent mine in Tubbercurry pretty much the whole time, my grandmother passed away on Friday night so was pretty busy up there.
    While driving from the church to the cemetery today all the businesses in Tubbercurry closed for a period of time, I thought that was a nice thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Sorry to hear about your grandmother, bobcar. Take care.

Sorry to hear about your Grandmother Mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Sorry to hear about your Grandmother Bobcar. It is nice when local businesses show that kind respect on a locals passing away.

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing Mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Sorry for your loss Mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Sorry to hear about your grandmother Bobcar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭DenMan

Sorry to hear about the passing of your Nan Bobcar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

a bit late but sorry to her about your nan bobcar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

*huggles* Sorry about your granny Bobcar.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

sorry to hear about your nan bobcar

Hi all

Just an abservation. In Sligo you guys say the work 'wedged' as in 'the bar/club is wedged'. I'm from Dublin and I would say 'the bar/club is 'packed'. Wedged sounds very funny. :D

DenMan wrote: »
    Hi all

Just an abservation. In Sligo you guys say the work 'wedged' as in 'the bar/club is wedged'. I'm from Dublin and I would say 'the bar/club is 'packed'. Wedged sounds very funny. :D
    I'd say both... but I'd say "wedged" more often.

In Dublin, they also say "rapid!" (or "rapeh!") when something was enjoyable.. that doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

Rapid....I say that a lot too. Also wicked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Xiney, I LOVE your new sig!

We got some great news today.
    All being well Jono will get his surgery on Oct. 27th....thanks for all your support:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

magnumlady wrote: »
    All being well Jono will get his surgery on Oct. 27th....thanks for all your support:D

Great news!!! We are so happy for you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Brilliant news!! So happy for you guys!!! Woohoo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

So happy for you guys! Congratulations - quick recovery for Jono!

Does anybody know who is in charge of the Sligo Art Gallery? I'm curious as I need to interview him/her as part of my course in IT Sligo. Thanks.

Hi. Anybody know if there is a band playing in Hargadons this evening? Thinking about heading down. Was there for a little while on Tues and I think they had a sign up for bands playing all week. Thanks. :)

Any chance the public sector will stay on strike? :D

Seriously, made it to work in 10 minutes this morning - made a nice change to sitting in traffic moving 5 feet at a time.

Schweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Ahh! That's great doll, best of luck!

And DenMan - I'm from Waterford and I'd say both so :P

• Advertisement

fozzle wrote: »
    Ahh! That's great doll, best of luck!

And DenMan - I'm from Waterford and I'd say both so :P

It got cancelled.:(

Advertisement