Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

magnumlady wrote: »
    It got cancelled.:(

Grrrr!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭DenMan

Sorry to hear that magnumlady. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Thanks, it's a really awful situation to be in. There seems to be nothing we can do and all Jono wants for Christmas is his surgery:(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Thanks, it's a really awful situation to be in. There seems to be nothing we can do and all Jono wants for Christmas is his surgery:(

thats awful news magnum lady, hope something works out for new, prefebably the public sector sorting out its problems and not punishing those who need it most

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Award for Most Optimistic New Business?

I wish them well, but it's not the best spot imo.

I have often been in the playground there and wished there was somewhere around to get a coffee or snack, and I've worked in the industrial area and might have used it occasionally, but I always thought something like a chip/sandwich van or something would do the job (I'm common as muck me!), I think they are em... brave to open a Cafe in that area.

But, obviously, good luck to them.

Anyone been in yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Award for Most Optimistic New Business?

I wish them well, but it's not the best spot imo.

I have often been in the playground there and wished there was somewhere around to get a coffee or snack, and I've worked in the industrial area and might have used it occasionally, but I always thought something like a chip/sandwich van or something would do the job (I'm common as muck me!), I think they are em... brave to open a Cafe in that area.

But, obviously, good luck to them.

Anyone been in yet?

Not yet no, but there is Smiths, Argos, Kitchen Place, Mothercare, Tax office, Infacta and I think another business working there, so there would be loads of lunchtime trade and that......

"Loads" would be optimistic I think. Even around lunchtime it's pretty quiet around the industrial area. And most of the Smyths/Argos shoppers are not browsing, they go there specifically with an idea of what they want - stop and grab shoppers.

I heard it was €8 for a pannini - I'd stick with a hang sammich myself.

Anyway, I sound like the voice of doom :o, I hope it works for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

It got cancelled.:(

Oh ass. I'm so sorry babe *hugs* I hope something gets sorted out soon. Were ye given a (good) reason why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

"Loads" would be optimistic I think. Even around lunchtime it's pretty quiet around the industrial area. And most of the Smyths/Argos shoppers are not browsing, they go there specifically with an idea of what they want - stop and grab shoppers.

I heard it was €8 for a pannini - I'd stick with a hang sammich myself.

Anyway, I sound like the voice of doom :o, I hope it works for them.

Jaysis. I'd say the staff around locally would wander in... but still. €8 in a recession. I'm with you on the Hang Sangigh...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

To be fair.. plenty of people are quite willing to pay up to €5 for a coffee in Costa. They're the real morons!

"Ummm.. excuse me. Can I have a latte with mint choc foam.. no whipped cream, extra marshmallows, pinch of cinnamon with hazlenut syrup served in a man's hats?"

** stabs coffee cup stirrer through eye **

Just after getting a very tasty large Americano from Monster Cafe for €2.50.

• Advertisement

fozzle wrote: »
    Oh ass. I'm so sorry babe *hugs* I hope something gets sorted out soon. Were ye given a (good) reason why?

No reason, just a load of bull.
    There was another article in the Mail yesterday about Jono.....funny enough the phone rang in the afternoon. Crumlin with another date. Such a co-incidence.

Fingers crossed it goes through this time ML. Tell Jono we're rooting for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I heard it was €8 for a pannini .

€8 for a pannini??? It'd want to be a solid gold pannini for that money!

Fingers crossed it goes through this time ML. Tell Jono we're rooting for him.

Anyone going to see Avatar in 3D in The Gaiety?!

First I've heard that The Gaiety now has a 3D screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

We went to see santa with the wee man and our daughter in arigna mine. Absolutly brilliant!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Does anybody know someone who needs a baby changing table? It's a wooden Mamas and Papas one. Our wee one is getting a bit too wriggly for it.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

basquille wrote: »
    Anyone going to see Avatar in 3D in The Gaiety?!

First I've heard that The Gaiety now has a 3D screen.

That looks like a great bit of escapism.:)

tuppence wrote: »
    That looks like a great bit of escapism.:)
    Saw it last night in the cinema.. excellent stuff and amazing use of 3D.

I recommend it!

Heard in work today that the cinema was on fire - anyone know if that was true?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭jigglywoo

Anyone ever go in to Michael Quirke's shop on Wine Street?
    Myself and a friend went in for a nosey last week and Michael etched a little dinosaur and Knocknarea in to a little piece of wood and handed to me, I love it. He's such a nice man and was full of little stories. Would defo buy something from him in future if I could afford it.
    Love his business cards too hehe.

jigglywoo wrote: »
    Anyone ever go in to Michael Quirke's shop on Wine Street?
    Myself and a friend went in for a nosey last week and Michael etched a little dinosaur and Knocknarea in to a little piece of wood and handed to me, I love it. He's such a nice man and was full of little stories. Would defo buy something from him in future if I could afford it.
    Love his business cards too hehe.

He is a lovely man. We went in a while back and he did a little penguin and Knocknarea for Jono, he's such a character, the tourist board should use him to promote Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Why use him when we have Aine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Finished up in work today at 2 :) But I'm only off until Sunday, better than nothing suppose.
    I've a nice break though for new years, work on the 28th and not back to work until the 5th :)

Fozzle did you leave your car in the car park last night or the night before?

I think there's 4 laptops in this coach of the train with me - anyone else on Boardsie? *looks 'round for cohorts*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Have fun on the train. They are probably all asking the same question and no clue at all

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Have fun on the train. They are probably all asking the same question and no clue at all

I'm contemplating taking a wander up the train for a gander but I'm doubtful as to weather my 15(slight exaggeration) seats of stuff would survive me abandoning them. Bah. I'm cold. Stoopid train - I miss my toasty car.

So my house is flooded. Brilliant. Anyone else having wintery fun?

• Advertisement

Oh no fozzle, poor you.

Advertisement