Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

You won't be,or I wasn't anyway,very good film. Can't wait for the second part.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

greetings wrote: »
    You won't be,or I wasn't anyway,very good film. Can't wait for the second part.

I really enjoyed it! This guardian reviewer not so much. Lots of factual errors in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

I'm taking a break from study and baking Xmas cakes all day and then off to Harry Potter tonight, I hope I won't be disappointed!

May I have some?

I really enjoyed it! This guardian reviewer not so much. Lots of factual errors in there.

I never bother reading reviews,I don't care how many people don't like it as long as I do.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

HxGH wrote: »
    May I have some?

You'll have to wait a month :D

• Advertisement

You'll have to wait a month :D

Sigh... I had my first mince pie of the year today! Yusss

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

HxGH wrote: »
    Sigh... I had my first mince pie of the year today! Yusss

I had my first Christmas dinner today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I deliberatly played an xmas song, considering the radio were playing them thought i would atleast find one that i liked

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I friggin' love Mince Pies.. picking some up in the shopping at the weekend!

The NCF Shortbread ones are amazing, but I've never seen them for sale outside of their hampers! :(

basquille wrote: »
    I friggin' love Mince Pies.. picking some up in the shopping at the weekend!

The NCF Shortbread ones are amazing, but I've never seen them for sale outside of their hampers! :(

Ah common. Not another food thread :(

Boards = Hunger

• Advertisement

Hate mince pies. Anyone out tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Cool Running

Hate mince pies. Anyone out tonight?

Hate them aswell! Out tonight? ya mad the Toy Show is on:D

Had a serious session in Mc Glynns last night, it's a great spot. Prob head for last few scoops in Sligo tomorrow night, heading to Korea for a year on Thursday:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Hate them aswell! Out tonight? ya mad the Toy Show is on:D

Had a serious session in Mc Glynns last night, it's a great spot. Prob head for last few scoops in Sligo tomorrow night, heading to Korea for a year on Thursday:)

North or South?

Safe travels anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Cool Running

Slidey wrote: »
    North or South?

Safe travels anyway!

Ha ha South but close to the border

Thanks for the good wishes

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

What's the crack with a few Christmas scoops?

What's the crack with a few Christmas scoops?

Would maybe suggest starting a new thread, and after the event Magnumlady or myself will merge it into the Megatread sticky.

I would go if a conveinent time and place. Been a while since we had one.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

I cannot contact any Vodafone customer in Grange and all calls go straight to voicemail.

Anyone know what the problem is?

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Essexboy wrote: »
    I cannot contact any Vodafone customer in Grange and all calls go straight to voicemail.

Anyone know what the problem is?

Problem is highlighted above.

Just on lunch at work here. Got one of those 3 euro daily specials in Centra. Today was a Tuna Ciabatta Melt,was honestly the nicest roll I've had in a long time.

Just on lunch at work here. Got one of those 3 euro daily specials in Centra. Today was a Tuna Ciabatta Melt,was honestly the nicest roll I've had in a long time.
    Those specials are great value alright..

.. although I do think adding salsa to a cheese toastie and calling it a "Mexican Cheese Toastie" is a bit rich! :D

• Advertisement

Those specials are great value alright..

.. although I do think adding salsa to a cheese toastie and calling it a "Mexican Cheese Toastie" is a bit rich! :D

Now a few more crushed chillies and you might get away with it.

Hmmm did that Mexican one not have chicken? Maybe it's another one.

Hmmm did that Mexican one not have chicken? Maybe it's another one.
    Sorry.. yeah, it does. But even so! :D

Was it just me, or did the Dublin - Sligo plane appear a bit lower in the sky, and decend slower than usual this evening over town.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

It flies either over or almost over my house and this evening I could hear it going over despite the TV being on. I usually can't hear it at all from inside so maybe it was lower than usual. :confused:

There is a post office machine in the Tesco arcade. You can post parcel and letters there, I think it's a great idea. The queue was so long in the post office and I was able to go to the machine and post my parcel there.

magnumlady wrote: »
    There is a post office machine in the Tesco arcade. You can post parcel and letters there, I think it's a great idea. The queue was so long in the post office and I was able to go to the machine and post my parcel there.
    It's been there for the guts of a year now..

.. but it is very useful!

It's been there for the guts of a year now..

.. but it is very useful!

Has it!! Blimey I must walk around with my eyes closed.:rolleyes:

magnumlady wrote: »

Have used it a few times, found it to be a bit tempermental though in terms of trying to select what type of stamp you wanted, quanity and payment type. Had to restart my selection a few times each time I used it.

It is a good idea though, would wonder how much its costing An Post though, dont think I have ever seen it being used.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

I had a call today from "the maintenance department" about my computer which I immediately recognised as a scam and fobbed off but I got a surprise when I looked at the number from which the call was (apparently) made - 00 253 802038. This is a Djibouti telephone number.
    There must be a lot of money in these scams if people call from Horn of Africa!

This is the second scam call in a week which suggests that Sligo is being targetted at present. Beware!

Advertisement