Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Any good ones? One of the lads had gotten it before,said it was nice. Must give it a go next week.

If I'm honest, I can't really remember anything as I was getting drowned while reading the menu. I thought it was expensive enough. Pretty sure I saw a drink, chips and a hotdog meal for 7 euro's which I though was steep enough.
    Could have totally read that wrong though!
    I'm sure if you swing past they'll give you a menu. It was simple enough with only a front and back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

You're making me hungry now Lornen. Would love a big kebab.

You're making me hungry now Lornen. Would love a big kebab.

I'm a stone throw away from Zam Zam's and Roberto's UrbanSea.. Are you a little bit jealous? :P

I don't think I've ever been more jealous in my entire life.
    That would also mean Ho Wong,Classic India,Paddy Power's,Ladbrokes and McLaughlin's are right beside you :(

And Conway's with their 2.50e chicken fillet rolls :(

I don't think I've ever been more jealous in my entire life.
    That would also mean Ho Wong,Classic India,Paddy Power's,Ladbrokes and McLaughlin's are right beside you :(

And Conway's with their 2.50e chicken fillet rolls :(

I am in UrbanSea's Uptopia! See I don't think like that.. I think "oh i'm only a few minutes from Cosgroves and another few from Tesco :pac:
    Zam Zam was rather helpful when I got bored at work and fancied a pizza. Cheap as, and not bad once you lace the mother with black pepper! :D

EDIT: Or the Bistro if I'm not feeling the pinch! :pac:

• Advertisement

Roberto's have lovely pizzas have you tried them?
    I swear I've been tempted to live on that street.

Roberto's have lovely pizzas have you tried them?
    I swear I've been tempted to live on that street.

Yeah I have! A bit hit and miss sometimes with Roberto's. I heard good things about them, then I got a pizza and a cheese, garlic and bacon chips and the pizza wasn't cooked long enough, very soggy and soft considering it only had some pepperoni on it, and the chips were never gonna look pretty but it did look like they were already partially digested when we got them.

Chips weren't fresh either.

BUT, my sister and her lad got pizza and chips there the other week and holy hell was it deadly. Pizza was lovely and the chips were lovely and home made.

I'm hopeless with pizza in this country though. I'm on a permanent quest to get a good pizza like the ones I got when I lived in Italy, only recently discovered this place in Dublin and the people who run it are infact from the same town I lived in so it's PERFECT. 5 euro for a student for a 9 inch with 3 toppings too so I get my mates to head in and flash their student card. HAPPY DAYS! :pac:

A girl who likes garlic cheese bacon chips?
    Lornen,I think I love you.

Basq wrote: »
    Ease yourself back into it with the C25K.

If ye're in any ways fit, you can probably skip the first week or two.

Was doing great on it late last year (was on week 6) but got shin splints. So got gait analysis done in Elverys, new runners and back on it in the last week - started back on week 5.

I was looking at that a few weeks back, I must give it a bash. I need a nice pair of running shoes though, others ones are in tatters and I'm currently, shamfully running about in a pair of astro turfs. Just can't afford spending up on 80 for a decent pair of shoes :(
    Better get saving though!
    A girl who likes garlic cheese bacon chips?
    Lornen,I think I love you.

Oh! UrbanSea, I'm afraid that I detest white sauces, garlic sauce and mayo are the worst thing in the food universe in my eyes, but the girl who is in love with all things cheesy and garlic laden is very very pretty and probably the girliest person on the planet. That's got to appeal! :pac:

Haha,my apologies. :cool:,Sounds like my soul mate :pac:
    How long did you live in Italy for?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Lornen wrote: »
    Just can't afford spending up on 80 for a decent pair of shoes :(
    Better get saving though!

Good trainers when running is essential.

Personally I have Nike and have the NIKE+ doddle in the sole of the runner which does a rough calculation of speed distance etc when used with an ipod/iphone

Anyone here run in the race course? Is it a smooth surface. I have a dodgy ankle and if I got caught in a rut it could leave me out of action for a few weeks.

I used to have a pair of Nike Shox,red ones,they were mint,picked them up in America for about half the price. Using Air Max ones now,I know they aren't great.

I think the racecourse is quite flat,but can't say,haven't been up there.

Haha,my apologies. :cool:,Sounds like my soul mate :pac:
    How long did you live in Italy for?

I lived there for 5 years :) Pizzeria around the corner, it was a bit lush! :pac:
    Slidey wrote: »
    Good trainers when running is essential.

Personally I have Nike and have the NIKE+ doddle in the sole of the runner which does a rough calculation of speed distance etc when used with an ipod/iphone

Anyone here run in the race course? Is it a smooth surface. I have a dodgy ankle and if I got caught in a rut it could leave me out of action for a few weeks.

Yeah I was looking at those bad boys. Nike have a really nice range out atm, I'm an Adidas fan though but I'll look into either! Birthday coming up so perhaps some new running shoes! :D

STAY AWAY from that HOLE.. Jesus Christ. I went running there on Monday, I was running along when I nearly fell into this pothole the size of a small cow. I was running thinking "this can't be where they race horses, surely not, it's a dive." Boy was I shocked when I did a few laps. I don't like the mad decline and incline either, it's probably nice for some but I like running straight. The surface is covered in gravel probably due to the ice wrecking the tarmac so I was afraid I would slip when running down the dip.
    Can't afford my gym membership atm so I'll use it for now!

I don't know how serious runners go around the Race Course. I live literally 3 minutes from the track and I much prefer running down the stretch past the Sports complex, I loop it back at the Riverside hotel and run back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I have two pairs of nikes, both are like wearing slippers. Some one thought one of them were slippers.

:D

Aw what a beauty. Hard to beat a proper pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Slidey wrote: »
    The racecourse is my local running spot..

.. it's not terrible for running but the uphill stint 3/4 of the way round is tough. Even tougher on a 2nd or 3rd lap.

If you've a dodgy ankle, I'd avoid it though. It's not particularly smooth.
    I don't know how serious runners go around the Race Course. I live literally 3 minutes from the track and I much prefer running down the stretch past the Sports complex, I loop it back at the Riverside hotel and run back home.
    Jaysus.. you must live near me so Lornen.

The (slighter) softer ground on the racecourse is slightly better than running on footpath - especially for runners like me who gets shin splints.

But in saying that. it's only slightly softer.

irish-stew wrote: »
    I have two pairs of nikes, both are like wearing slippers. Some one thought one of them were slippers.

:D

Yo,yo...SUP.

Aw what a beauty. Hard to beat a proper pizza.

It seriously is! I've been back a decade and only last week have I found one to the same standards.. Everyone undercooks their pizza here..

A bit of char is a GOOD thing, super high temp for a super short period of time. Good pizza's need 4 minutes very tops. 2-3 usually for a margherita, but here the ovens are never hot enough so you're left waiting a good 12 minutes usually!

Basq wrote: »
    Jaysus.. you must live near me so Lornen.

The (slighter) softer ground on the racecourse is slightly better than running on footpath - especially for runners like me who gets shin splints.

But in saying that. it's only slightly softer.

Without giving it away, I do live in one of the Heatherview's.
    So not far from the Race Course at all, dislike the walk down past the S.C at night or when it's dark as I'm mad paranoid some nutter will decide I look like fun to dismember and bundles me into their jeep! :pac:

I often see many people on the race course but not many post our terrible December. Have you been recently Basq? There is this mental hole in the pave if you start running anti clockwise. It's near the start and it's pretty hefty!

Yo,yo...SUP.

Good, just over 36 hours into no takeaways (bistro delivery is still up for debate), subways (although a week or so since had one), and just over 24 hours into no soft drinks, and am feeling good.

No shakes yet.

Good, just over 36 hours into no takeaways (bistro delivery is still up for debate), subways (although a week or so since had one), and just over 24 hours into no soft drinks, and am feeling good.

No shakes yet.

Congrats! :)

If the weekend jitters come in and you're dying for something a bit DIRTY, just think about how fat your wallet's going to look in a months time! :)
    Not to mention the few inches you're bound to drop around the waist!

• Advertisement

No shakes yet.

I ran 6 kilometres both days for the last two days and haven't had a sip of alcohol since last friday,and hadn't a take away the last two nights

Lost about 12 stone in the process.

Congrats! :)

If the weekend jitters come in and you're dying for something a bit DIRTY, just think about how fat your wallet's going to look in a months time! :)
    Not to mention the few inches you're bound to drop around the waist!

Are you calling me fat?

:p

Yes, the weekend does concern me as well, and a fat wallet would be very nice. Seriously though, I would like to flatten the stomach abit. Whilst not over weight, there is a bit a belly there, and with the summer comming, I dont want it there.

:)
    I ran 6 kilometres both days for the last two days and haven't had a sip of alcohol since last friday,and hadn't a take away the last two nights

Lost about 12 stone in the process.

I have been preety boring with the alcohol this year, whislt I have been out, only one or two of them nights have invloved it.

Are you training for anything Urbansea, am thinking the warriors run myself, currently have a 7 to 10km route which I run/jog a few times a week, using the run as slow as you can for as long as you can technic, and doing a few reps in the outdoor gym at Dorly park about half way round.

Am prone to shin splints as well, but not sure my knees and ankles could hold up to the race course.

Na I was going to go for the Dublin one but stopped training. I used to be as fit but then college/leaving cert made me so unhealthy so just started running again about 2 weeks ago :cool:
    I find it hard running on roads,doing it in the gym at the minute before heading out on the road. Gonna get back into some cycling again,used to cycle everywhere.

Na I was going to go for the Dublin one but stopped training. I used to be as fit but then college/leaving cert made me so unhealthy so just started running again about 2 weeks ago :cool:
    I find it hard running on roads,doing it in the gym at the minute before heading out on the road. Gonna get back into some cycling again,used to cycle everywhere.

Where do you cycle? have done zip this year myself.

:(

Anywhere I used to go I'd cycle. Into town,out to Strandhill,down to play football.
    Must get a service on my bike

Are you calling me fat?

:p

Yes, the weekend does concern me as well, and a fat wallet would be very nice. Seriously though, I would like to flatten the stomach abit. Whilst not over weight, there is a bit a belly there, and with the summer comming, I dont want it there.

:)

NO!!! I am not saying you're fat at all!:( Just saw you mention eating take away a few times a week and I was like that before I quite and I went from 9.3 to 8.5!! Currently about 8.6 after my absolute binge fest last weekened so I'm on the lean protein and bulgar wheat for the next while!
    Dead easy to put on the weight but a right b*stard to drop!

I'm in the same boat, I have a bit of a roundy belly, not majorly so but there's that horrid kangaroo-esque pouch I want to shed by the end of my birthday. Turning 20 then and I want to look deadly for it. Enter a new decade NOT a flabby arse :P

I would love to do the Warrior's run, is it exclusive to guys though?! Think my stamina would let me down in the end, I'm really inconsistent with my pace, I did however nail a breathing technique and I get less stitches less often now. Was out skipping this morning and no matter what I do, I always get a stitch within a minute of intense skipping..

Intense skipping? You laugh, I know you laugh. But it does exist! :pac:

Haha when I was younger I was pure fat and decided to get lean.
    Lost 3 stone in about 4 months and got top of the year in the fitness test having being one of the worst. :cool:

Haha when I was younger I was pure fat and decided to get lean.
    Lost 3 stone in about 4 months and got top of the year in the fitness test having being one of the worst. :cool:

I was always a soft, fat arse. Got to about 14 and got into sports and then stopped. 17 I was just over 10 stone. Nearly died of embarrassment, so I cut out drinking bpm and eating sausage rolls everyday for lunch, drank more water and 6 months later I was just over 9 stone! Been watching what I eat a little bit more but I'm far from very healthy, do a bit of exercise but not as much as I probably should. Swine flu knocked me down to 8.2 stone but ofcourse I'm back up to about 8.5 now..
    Want to lose all the fat and be nice and lean! Bingo wings BE GONE!

I did 23 chin ups this morning. 7, 7 and 6 and 3.. Doesn't sound very impressive but I'm only starting out so.. :o

Aw I used to Loooooooooooooooooooooooooove BPM. Remember when it first came out in the black bottle? Way better.
    That's not bad,chin ups are hard. I bought some dumbbells in Argos. Won a bit in the bookies one day a few weeks ago so joined the gym. I'll head down in a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Won a bit in the bookies one day a few weeks ago so joined the gym. I'll head down in a bit.

That reminds me, where's my kebab?

Advertisement