Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

I think it was the night Mundy played in the Clarence, we talked but it was kind of a "howerya", "Hey." type thing.

Then I got really really drunk.

Haha whaaaaaaaat!!
    No recolection of that whole night so no chance of me remembering. There was a pile of randomers in my pics from that night.

magnumlady wrote: »
    Oh dear, did I have kids with me??

Yeah one kid, I can't remember if it was a girl or a boy though because it was you I was looking at!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Yeah one kid, I can't remember if it was a girl or a boy though because it was you I was looking at!

lol could have been me, do you still work in the court?? If so Ill be on the lookout!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Haha
    It was before christmas.
    I had just finished work, waiting outside Johnstons Court and you(possibly) were going in. There was eye contact but wether it was you or not I'm not completely sure!!!!

So, do you work in Johnstons Court? (where is the stalker smiley?) ;)

No not anymore!!
    Used to work in a place ending in i
    Ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

DenMan wrote: »
    Hi guys

Not meaning to troll here, but I read through the KAYA thread and what happened exactly? Went from a nice welcoming to the thread getting closed. Was that necessary? I don't think they will be in a hurry to come back. I know the altercation with takola went deep and an apology was accepted. I was one (and many others) who welcomed KAYA at the start and find it unbelievable how far it deteriorated. Not digging it up again but feel the entire situation could have been difused before it got out of hand.

Anyway, how is everybody keeping? Zavvi are doing great deals right now. I am like a resident up there at the top where the Rock and Metal section is. :)

I locked the thread DenMan because in my opinion it had already been spoiled by the little spat between Kaya and Sueme which I might add should have been in PM rather than on thread. When asked that it be taken to pm it wasn't and there were further posts (Not necessarily between sue and kaya) which weren't exactly friendly toward the OP. I didn't see any point in leaving it open so that everyone could comment on the argument or get their bit in. And I didn't see the thread recovering. I will happily open the thread if Kaya wants it opened again. She's free to PM me.
    I have to agree with DenMan on the KAYA thread. I also read it and got the vibe that maybe the forum is going a bit clicky and that new posters may not feel too welcome. I didn't even see anything KAYA should even have had to apoligise for to be honest.

See above.

I don't want the forum to seem cliquey but I suppose on some levels it's going to seem that way because everyone knows each other and every second post is "Oh I seen you in yada the other day". It will come across that way to newcomers. I don't see any way of stopping that?

If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to throw them out there?
    I agree with DenMan and guinessdrinker here.
    I haven't came in here in a while or I just come here every so often so I just read the KAYA thread now. She brought up some good points. Don't see why it was locked and yeah guinessdrinker, this place has always been a bit clicky in my opinion!

See above.
    sueme wrote: »
    @ Takola re-reging will not bring down the heavens, its an internet forum not the UN. I suggested it to KAYA simply as a way to come back here afresh without any agro following her/him. I do, however, realise its not "approved" of on Boards.ie.

Sueme, re-registering is against boards.ie rules and will earn you a site-ban. It really is as simple as that. I would expect any regular boards user to know better than to suggest something that is against the rules to a newbie.

Especially something that will earn them a site-ban for their troubles.
    Anyway this post shouldn't be in this (much begged for by me) thread, but anything else I post here tends to be locked so here will have to do.

I locked one or two of your recent threads because they haven't belonged in this forum. That was blatantly obvious.

Look guys, I have no problem with answering any issues you have with my moderating. But in PM. This brings down the tone of the thread here and doesn't belong here. If you want to question any actions I've made or Xiney has made please do it in PM in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

how come the **** always hits the fan when I'm busy at work!?

No not anymore!!
    Used to work in a place ending in i
    Ha

I reckon I have seen you then, where you there the day Shane came to town?

I'm dying to meet you Mz T, our clique would be er... clicky!

We're going to try our best to go to the next beers night (babysitter permitting).

Xiney, when are you heading off?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

name a time place and day, and we'll try and be there mrs.t

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I could be recognised by people because people because I poseted an attachment with a picture of me in another thread,I think it was the "Does everyone know" thread which was locked.
    As Ms.T says,she saw my link to my bebo page which is my Sig but I've had to put that on private now because my manager is able to view it so I'd rather not having him seeing it.So I guess its a bit pointless having it as my sig now isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Thats because your posts are so full of crazy that you can't help but post off topic :P

Ahem, I believe I have been leading the way in the randomly nonsensical gibberishly daft off topic posts in the last while, yessirthankyouverymuch:P
    Xiney wrote: »
    how come the **** always hits the fan when I'm busy at work!?

Beacuse it far more fun watching you give out about missing the trouble than actually moderating it..... Obvously
    bobcar61 wrote: »
    I could be recognised by people because people because I poseted an attachment with a picture of me in another thread,I think it was the "Does everyone know" thread which was locked.
    As Ms.T says,she saw my link to my bebo page which is my Sig but I've had to put that on private now because my manager is able to view it so I'd rather not having him seeing it.So I guess its a bit pointless having it as my sig now isn't it?

Ooh, he's a clever one that bobcar fella........

Oh, and one more thing..... SUEME IS BACK WOHOO!!!!!! Velcome back to ze vorld of sligo silly nonsense posts.......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Mrs T, we're heading off at the end of August :eek:

We still haven't found an apartment because the twit I emailed yesterday evening didn't email me back today. Damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,866 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Xiney.

If any of those people gave a contact number, ALWAYS phone instead of e-mail. People still just don't rely on e-mail as much as phone.

Just my 2c's!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

basquille wrote: »
    Xiney.

If any of those people gave a contact number, ALWAYS phone instead of e-mail. People still just don't rely on e-mail as much as phone.

Just my 2c's!
    +1 You need to give them hassle tbh. Email is too easy to ignore.

+1 You need to give them hassle tbh. Email is too easy to ignore.

I would respond to this and say something, but dammit I'm too busy ignoring..... Just like DeVore .........Ignoring, please wait............:P

takola wrote: »
    Sueme, re-registering is against boards.ie rules and will earn you a site-ban. It really is as simple as that. I would expect any regular boards user to know better than to suggest something that is against the rules to a newbie.

Especially something that will earn them a site-ban for their troubles.

As I said, its not "supposed" to be done done, but do you really think anyone cares?
    takola wrote: »

I locked one or two of your recent threads because they haven't belonged in this forum. That was blatantly obvious.

Fair enough. Next time I wonder why there are so many people viewing the Sligo Forum at 6am I'll post it in er... the Kilkenney Forum or perhaps Arts and Crafts??

Next time I wonder if the nice chap I was talking to in McDonalds, Sligo was one of the posters here, I'll post in the um...Body Modification Forum?

Btw Takola, the PM function is open to you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭DenMan

As I said, its not "supposed" to be done done, but do you really think anyone cares?

Fair enough. Next time I wonder why there are so many people viewing the Sligo Forum at 6am I'll post it in er... the Kilkenney Forum or perhaps Arts and Crafts??

Next time I wonder if the nice chap I was talking to in McDonalds, Sligo was one of the posters here, I'll post in the um...Body Modification Forum?

Btw Takola, the PM function is open to you too.

Isn't that the whole point sueme? A boards poster could be anyone...period. From your next door neighbor to someone living with you. KAYA was curious about the Sligo thread and as a result set one up of their own. After what seemed like a very nice welcoming it descended into madness (quite quickly I might add). Many posters (myself included) post in multiple threads. A little bit of encouragement is all that is needed. Asking somebody to re-register is bad advice, no matter how you look at it.

Ah C'mon guys, its over and done with now. Can't we just get back to the random chit chat gibberings that this thread is meant for before our dark overlord locks it? (I mean you Xiney BTW)

Quite right Big Mac. Anybody been to the Glasshouse recently? Haven't been there in a while but it is cool. If they had an area set aside for bands to play there during the week that would be awesome!!!

• Advertisement

Quite right Big Mac. Anybody been to the Glasshouse recently? Haven't been there in a while but it is cool. If they had an area set aside for bands to play there during the week that would be awesome!!!

The decor in there makes me feel seasick:D

Kinda like a 1980's Manhattan. In fact I would have gone there if they had back then at that time, not so much now. Why do Sligo get things late? A question that continues to make me think deeply, very deeply! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Big_Mac wrote: »
    Ah C'mon guys, its over and done with now. Can't we just get back to the random chit chat gibberings that this thread is meant for before our dark overlord locks it?

+1 BM

a few of us were there for sligo beers last week DM

Yeah, the carpet is a bit trippy alright

Well, if you had come to the beers night with us,, you would know, wouldn't you then denman?:P
    irish-stew wrote: »
    a few of us were there for sligo beers last week DM

Yeah What he said!

Sorry I missed it guys. Last time I was there was for a meal and I really enjoyed it. Hope it went great for you guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Cheeky Munky

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that!

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that!

I want to run up and down the corridors shouting REDRUM whenever I'm in there!!:D

I want to run up and down the corridors shouting REDRUM whenever I'm in there!!:D

Now I'm not one to talk Val, but thats just plain odd. :D

Me too!!! I've only been there for lunch and I was following our wee man and I got a flash back from that film!

On another subject...... BEERS (or soft drinks). Wouldn't it be nice to have a night for Xiney and Mr Xiney before they leave us? So, I thought what about Friday 22nd or 29th August for beers night? I'll phone the sitter tomorrow to clear these dates with her. Which date would be suitable for you Xiney? I don't really know any pubs (except Mooneys) so somebody could suggest that.

• Advertisement

Mrs.T wrote: »
    On another subject...... BEERS (or soft drinks). Wouldn't it be nice to have a night for Xiney and Mr Xiney before they leave us? So, I thought what about Friday 22nd or 29th August for beers night? I'll phone the sitter tomorrow to clear these dates with her. Which date would be suitable for you Xiney? I don't really know any pubs (except Mooneys) so somebody could suggest that.

Mr and Mrs Xiney are, indeed, lovely, and I wish them the very best of luck in Galway. If I get over my current social pariah predicament I'd be up for either night Mrs T.

Advertisement