Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I posted it to you there last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Aw I used to Loooooooooooooooooooooooooove BPM. Remember when it first came out in the black bottle? Way better.
    That's not bad,chin ups are hard. I bought some dumbbells in Argos. Won a bit in the bookies one day a few weeks ago so joined the gym. I'll head down in a bit.

It wasn't a black bottle, but the lid and label were black! /pedantic :pac:
    I recall them as I built a BPM PYRAMID out of all the empty bottles!
    I drank a bottle EVERY DAY for a solid 4 months.. It was shameful but I was like, 14 so I could get away with it! :P

I've got 5kg dumbells and nout else. Little weights to start out with right? Doing some tricep exercise the other day and boy did I feel it! 0.0
    Doing alot of body planks and oblique exercises aswell as bicycle crunches!
    Lost a good bit off the legs thanks to running and cycling. :)
    Gym in Sligo or down in Galway?
    The temptation to try my luck down the bookies I tells ya...

But I'd feel so bad if I lost money.. I know it's "win some, lose some" but still.. I'm a BAD loser! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

I posted it to you there last week.

No wonder there was an odd whiff off the postie the other day. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Lornen wrote: »
    Without giving it away, I do live in one of the Heatherview's.
    Not too far from myself in Inishfree Court so.
    I often see many people on the race course but not many post our terrible December. Have you been recently Basq? There is this mental hole in the pave if you start running anti clockwise. It's near the start and it's pretty hefty!
    Yeah, I ran it on Monday evening and once or twice last week too (tough to get out with the rain). I don't really run on the pavement so didn't notice a hole. I run on the inner path of grass.

Was out in Kevinsfort last week.. nice little running area there, but can be mad busy at times.

Gonna try and get out for a run this evening, or possibly tomorrow.

Basq wrote: »
    Not too far from myself in Inishfree Court so.

Yeah, I ran it on Monday evening and once or twice last week too (tough to get out with the rain). I don't really run on the pavement so didn't notice a hole. I run on the inner path of grass.

Was out in Kevinsfort last week.. nice little running area there, but can be mad busy at times.

Gonna try and get out for a run this evening, or possibly tomorrow.

Not far at all!

You know, I never even thought to run on the grass.. There's a massive ditch on one side, think it's the outside, but it was rather wet and I wasn't looking forward to wrecking my runners, a bit sloshy!

I'd never be over Kevinsfort area, I love getting out early enough for my run, to avoid the crowds of people who tend to venture out in the evening.

Today was a disaster though. Heavy rain one minute, fine the next. I wasn't in the mood for getting drenched! :( I've run around the little gaelic pitch beside the cemetary a few times recently. It gets VERY marshy on the side closest the cemetary and I was sinking into the pitch so I might leave it til it dries up, hopefully within the next few months but knowing Ireland it'll never happen!

I do hope we get a right belter of a summer. All this rain and snow and wind, not happy! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

NO!!! I am not saying you're fat at all!:( Just saw you mention eating take away a few times a week and I was like that before I quite and I went from 9.3 to 8.5!! Currently about 8.6 after my absolute binge fest last weekened so I'm on the lean protein and bulgar wheat for the next while!
    Dead easy to put on the weight but a right b*stard to drop!

I'm in the same boat, I have a bit of a roundy belly, not majorly so but there's that horrid kangaroo-esque pouch I want to shed by the end of my birthday. Turning 20 then and I want to look deadly for it. Enter a new decade NOT a flabby arse :P

I would love to do the Warrior's run, is it exclusive to guys though?! Think my stamina would let me down in the end, I'm really inconsistent with my pace, I did however nail a breathing technique and I get less stitches less often now. Was out skipping this morning and no matter what I do, I always get a stitch within a minute of intense skipping..

Intense skipping? You laugh, I know you laugh. But it does exist! :pac:

Lol, I was only messin with ya

;)

Warriors run. Not exclusive to men, although I would say most of the female runners would probably beat me as well. Am not a natural runner in the slightest, too many years cycling.

Check it out, if you google warriors festival, registration begins this month I think.

irish-stew wrote: »
    Lol, I was only messin with ya

;)

Warriors run. Not exclusive to men, although I would say most of the female runners would probably beat me as well. Am not a natural runner in the slightest, too many years cycling.

Check it out, if you google warriors festival, registration begins this month I think.

That's alright! :o

Flip. It'll need alot of commitment! I would love to give it a go..
    No price on the site for how much it costs to enter or a date where you can register!!

Must keep the page bookmarked and look into it.

That's alright! :o

Flip. It'll need alot of commitment! I would love to give it a go..
    No price on the site for how much it costs to enter or a date where you can register!!

Must keep the page bookmarked and look into it.

I have been saying it every year for the last three. So this summer, its the thing I am aiming for. Usally do a charity cycle or two each year so need something different, or hopefully if I get the bike out of the garage, something to add.

I have been saying it every year for the last three. So this summer, its the thing I am aiming for. Usally do a charity cycle or two each year so need something different, or hopefully if I get the bike out of the garage, something to add.

I've never competed for anything in my life! :pac:

Sure competetive soccer games here and there, but Warrior's Run is something I'd never ever have thought of doing. It just seems like something only professionals would do, or people who trained day in day. I'd love to have a go but I'm terrified of being laughed at and looked on as a total newb.
    I would have for people to think I was a bit of a joke entering.

I guess if I started some good training now, I'd be ready for August surely.

:o
    Fair play to you though, charity cycles and everything. I much prefer cycling to running but I need a new bike and I am broke as a joke at current so I've started focusing on a cheaper alternative to get fit, using the legs! :pac:

Wait Lornen was the BPM in a dark purple bottle so?
    Just back from the gym,8k run and 4 sets on the weights. I'm a new man.

• Advertisement

Sorry Lornen never answered your question. The gym's up in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Where do people go cycling? Any routes at all in Sligo or do you just go cycling to a certain place?

thebuzz wrote: »
    Where do people go cycling? Any routes at all in Sligo or do you just go cycling to a certain place?

When I eventully get out I have various routes,

Main ones are

Sligo - Rosses Point - Sligo

Sligo - Ballisodare Junction - Ransboro - Strandhill - Sligo

Lough Gill Circuit

Combination of some of the above

If aiming for something

Sligo - N15 - Mullagmore/Ballantrillick Crossroads - The Horseshoe - Sligo

Wait Lornen was the BPM in a dark purple bottle so?
    Just back from the gym,8k run and 4 sets on the weights. I'm a new man.

Yes yes! I only ever drank the purple one. Green one tasted like lawn cuttings. :pac:

Fair play to you lad, I just had a baked chicken breast loaded with spices and some quinoa and a few olives.. Not a work out but it's relatively healthy! :o

What's quinoa? I hate olives,would love some dinner though. Would love a kebab and pizza :(

What's quinoa? I hate olives,would love some dinner though. Would love a kebab and pizza :(

Uhm, it's like a type of grain, but it's not actually a grain. If that makes any sense :P
    Tastes a bit,bland. You can cook it like you'd cook oatmeal I'd say, not an expert myself :P
    I just know it's full of PROTEIN! And I was looking for a big mad protein filled dinner as I'm trying to keep myself for as full as possible so I don't have a big mad BINGE later.
    Got a mini eggs egg off the mother today.. Tempted.. But day 2 in I CANNOT FAIL!

No! No pizza and kebab! Eat a tin of beans and some wholemeal toast. Amazing post exercise food!

Mehhh grains sounds like something an animal would eat,or that would go into my beloved beer <3. Are you off chocolate for lent?
    Meh,had a bowl of cereal. One of the lads living with me is getting a delivery in a bit. :(

I'm gonna have some toast.

:(

Stew get a Bistro,go on.

Mehhh grains sounds like something an animal would eat,or that would go into my beloved beer <3. Are you off chocolate for lent?
    Meh,had a bowl of cereal. One of the lads living with me is getting a delivery in a bit. :(

I'm off Crisps, chocolate, candy of every shape and form (except jam, I'm only HUMAN :pac: )

I really want to get fit and this is the only way I can prompt myself into doing it.. Also by being told I can't do it, that makes me want to keep at it because I'm rather competitive.. No I do not race past people on the side walk and go "HELL YEAH!" in my head when they are a considerable distance behind me....cough..

Maybe if you're good he'll let you like the bits of the take away that stick to the lid/box :pac:

• Advertisement

Aw christ Lornen. I'm not off take aways,but it'll undo all of my good work :(

Aw christ Lornen. I'm not off take aways,but it'll undo all of my good work :(

And you worked so hard! You'll be gutted if you eat any.. Go into a room where you don't smell it.. Once you smell it you're a GONER. :pac:

Quick guys,the fella is about to order.

Should I get a pizza and kebab or resist??

I'm gonna have some toast.

:(

Want me to run over with some beans?! I only have about fifty cans..

RESIST

THIS IS THE HARDEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE IN MY WHOLE ENTIRE LIFE

THIS IS THE HARDEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE IN MY WHOLE ENTIRE LIFE

You can have a celebratory kebab when you're parading yourself around on the beach this summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

Just cooked the most delicious curry, ok I cheated a bit by using some paste but I added some of my own spices, cooked the lamb for over an hour and added some pureed tomatos, fried onion, mushroom and peppers and had it with lemon rice. Classic India can go run and jump :pac:

Resistance is futile

:D

Have a night off the junk Urbansea. ;)
    Want me to run over with some beans?! I only have about fifty cans..

Batcholars, Heniz?

Why do you have 50 cans?

• Advertisement

I love Classic India,best curry I ever had.

Lornen I'm getting a kebab over the weekend :pac:

Advertisement