Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Just cooked the most delicious curry, ok I cheated a bit by using some paste but I added some of my own spices, cooked the lamb for over an hour and added some pureed tomatos, fried onion, mushroom and peppers and had it with lemon rice. Classic India can go run and jump pacman.gif

You're making me crave Tarka Dal :(
    irish-stew wrote: »

Batcholars, Heniz?

Why do you have 50 cans?

Both varieties are available. Also, because when you tell my Granny you like something, she buys it in bulk.. You can also have a few of my 6 full packets of cream crackers and if you fancy some Cadbury's hot chocolate powder, I've atleast a dozen containers in the laundry room!
    UrbanSea wrote: »
    I love Classic India,best curry I ever had.

Lornen I'm getting a kebab over the weekend :pac:

It will be extra delicious!

Plus weekends don't count when dieting, everyone knows that! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

I love Classic India,best curry I ever had.

Lornen I'm getting a kebab over the weekend :pac:

Not a patch on what I just produced!!!

You could make up your own kebabs, as far as I know Lidl do doner meat and you can add your own other bits and bobs to it, you still get the nice food but with half the badness.

Wanted to put peanuts in the rice but never knew there was such a high fat content in them, 48% fat in the non salted ones even, I knew they weren't great but never thought they could be that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Oh Lord this is difficult.

Not a patch on what I just produced!!!

You could make up your own kebabs, as far as I know Lidl do doner meat and you can add your own other bits and bobs to it, you still get the nice food but with half the badness.

Wanted to put peanuts in the rice but never knew there was such a high fat content in them, 48% fat in the non salted ones even, I knew they weren't great but never thought they could be that bad.

Ah, the peanut problem.. They are high in fat, yes. But full of protein and the fats in nuts are GOOD fats! We all need fat in our diets to maintain good health. I like cashews in my biryani but I only sprinkle about 6 in per portion, also I cut them up a few times to spread them out!

Lornen wrote: »
    Ah, the peanut problem.. They are high in fat, yes. But full of protein and the fats in nuts are GOOD fats! We all need fat in our diets to maintain good health. I like cashews in my biryani but I only sprinkle about 6 in per portion, also I cut them up a few times to spread them out!

I still get plenty of fat in my diet as it is! Problem is - when I'm let loose on the peanuts the entire bag just evaporates. Love em. Basically - if a food is high fat/calorie I usually adore it. But I will feel less guilty noshing the 'good fat' peanuts in future!

• Advertisement

I still get plenty of fat in my diet as it is! Problem is - when I'm let loose on the peanuts the entire bag just evaporates. Love em. Basically - if a food is high fat/calorie I usually adore it

Don't we all! :pac:

I am a fellow peanut fiend! Started getting nuts like Almonds and cashews unsalted or roasted, so a little less appetising!

If you're mad about peanuts, try buying monkey nuts (quite hard when it's not halloween I know!) but I noticed if I grabbed a handful of peanuts with the shells on, I'd spent alot more time cracking open the shells than eating the nuts, and once my hands were busy (haw haw) I wasn't pushed about getting more!

EDIT: WHERE IS URBANSEA GONE?!

I bet he's eating a kebab!

BOLD!

Ah peanuts. Along with mushrooms,one of the world's worst produce.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Watching Nelville McGuire, plus all this talk of food, I am salavating.

Really must make a Jambalaya next week, or head round to EverEvolving for a curry.

I believe you mean Nevin ;)

Awwwh so tempted to order from here(free delivery too,check out the 5 euro meals)

http://www.just-eat.ie/restaurants-norios/menu

Watching Nelville McGuire, plus all this talk of food, I am salavating.

Really must make a Jambalaya next week, or head round to EverEvolving for a curry.

Ha ha, here's hoping I can recreate the masterpiece again!!!

Had Jambalaya once in a restaurant and it was lovely, is it sticky rice with different bits in it similar to Paella?

• Advertisement

Had Jambalaya once in a restaurant and it was lovely, is it sticky rice with different bits in it similar to Paella?

Yeah that's Jambalaya! The creole take on paella. Mardi Gras season is amongst us, I'd say that's why I'm seeing jambalaya recipes everywhere!

Lornen wrote: »
    Yeah that's Jambalaya! The creole take on paella. Mardi Gras season is amongst us, I'd say that's why I'm seeing jambalaya recipes everywhere!

Cajun chicken, chorizo, onions, peppers, plenty of fresh chilli, tomatos, carrots instead of the recomended celery though, stock, rice.

Beautiful. Beats a Lamb Doner any day of the week. I always end up making to much though.

:D

Cajun chicken, chorizo, onions, peppers, plenty of fresh chilli, tomatos, carrots instead of the recomended celery though, stock, rice.

Beautiful. I always end up making to much though.

Always make to much? Surely not Stew, surely just a Lornen sized portion left behind! :pac:

Oh god I had the best Jambalaya pasta in America there at Christmas time. Had never heard of it before.

Oh god I had the best Jambalaya pasta in America there at Christmas time. Had never heard of it before.

With pasta? Mmmmmmmm

Beautiful. Beats a Lamb Doner any day of the week. I always end up making to much though.

Sounds lovely, must give it a try sometime, when you cooking it again? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The Cheesecake Factory? The single most over-rated "restaurant" in the US. Have had it 2 - 3 times on various holidays in the States. Every time has been more disappointing than the last.

Get some Bubba Gump's into ya... real homemade tasting food and lots of it!

They do an amazing fried chicken, corn and mashed potato dish..

IMG_0323%5B3%5D.jpg

And as for the dessert - a soft chocolate chip cookie base with whipped cream, ice-cream, chocolate sauce and nuts:

196753372_c55ad6d45a.jpg

Its my dream to visit this place for a burger.

:)

That has been added straight to my favourites for future reference.

;)

Sounds lovely, must give it a try sometime, when you cooking it again? :pac:

When are you making your curry again? I'm sure we could arrange something.

;)

• Advertisement

;)

Talking about burgers - Bella Vista do a whopper one with bacon, egg, cheese and salad served with chips

They also do a very reasonable early bird menu

I'm currently working through the most recent seasons of Man Vs Food.. you seen it?

It's in it's third season - basically, a guy named Adam Richmond (not a particularly big guy.. not a particularly small guy) with a big appetite takes on various food challenges from the US including having to eat 15 dozen oysters (180 total!) in 30 minutes. Most recent one had him eating an ocho burger (8 patty burger), 2 hot dogs, a half pound of chips, a large Coke and a thick milkshakes with chunks of homemade coffee cake in 30 minutes. Fecking amazing!

If he completes the challenge, it's a win for 'Man'. If it doesn't, it's a win for food. The guy can put away from serious food.

Sincerally recommend it!

Basq is that the Bubba Gump Shrimp place? I was there,was excellent, had some fish.

But the Cheesecake Factory is fantastic!

Guess what I just did everyone? :(

Basq wrote: »
    I'm currently working through the most recent seasons of Man Vs Food.. you seen it?

It's in it's third season - basically, a guy named Adam Richmond (not a particularly big guy.. not a particularly small guy) with a big appetite takes on various food challenges from the US including having to eat 15 dozen oysters (180 total!) in 30 minutes. Most recent one had him eating an ocho burger (8 patty burger), 2 hot dogs, a half pound of chips, a large Coke and a thick milkshakes with chunks of homemade coffee cake in 30 minutes. Fecking amazing!

If he completes the challenge, it's a win for 'Man'. If it doesn't, it's a win for food. The guy can put away from serious food.

Sincerally recommend it!

Have seen it once or twice, dont have sky, but if I did, the food channels would definatly be on the list.

Would love to do one of those eating challanges.

Basq is that the Bubba Gump Shrimp place? I was there,was excellent, had some fish.
    Yep, some of the freshest fish I've ever had. Especially the one in Miami.
    But the Cheesecake Factory is fantastic!
    Not for me.. had the most vile stodgy meatloaf ever there. I keep giving it second chances but just keeps letting me down.
    Guess what I just did everyone? :(
    Broke lent I'm betting.

Talking about ridiculous American burgers are we?

I once spent 6 hours going through this burger joints flickr account..

They got their website up and running.

I NEED TO HAVE A MILKSHAKE IN A F*CKING BEAKER DAMMIT :mad:

Burgers are RIDICULOUSLY AMAZEBALLS LOOKING..

Deep fried pickles.. YES PLEASE

http://lunchboxlaboratory.com/

I was at the one in Orlando. Had the nicest spicy prawns for starter.

I've been in the CF many times. Had that pasta,a nice pizza,some chicken and mash and gravy thing and many more,maybe you were unlucky.

Didn't break Lent exactly,but ordered a pizza and coke.

And a quarter pounder meal.

From looking at those pics I'm lucky I don't live in America or I would be the size of a house! I go through phases with burgers, atm it's fried onions, ketchup with cheese melted on to the burger while cooking. I must remember to pick up pickles the next time I'm shopping, love em.

Eww. Best burger for me has bacon,cheese,ketchup,onions and onion rings

• Advertisement

I was at the one in Orlando. Had the nicest spicy prawns for starter.

I've been in the CF many times. Had that pasta,a nice pizza,some chicken and mash and gravy thing and many more,maybe you were unlucky.

Didn't break Lent exactly,but ordered a pizza and coke.

And a quarter pounder meal.

AND?!

Where do you put it all? I'm stuffed after Zam Zam chips. Not up there with the big boys yet! A bistro 12' with salame and chilli lime dressing has me stuffed. I once managed the whole thing but I literally couldn't eat anything until about 5 p.m the next day!

Advertisement