Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

UrbanSea wrote: »
    They were good in the gig. Didn't make it back out,was far too drunk.
    UrbanSea wrote: »
    Haha I'm in the Mill since about two. Came home for dinner,headinn in acbk noow.
    128786951207468446.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I lawled. I'm still recovering, enjoying a big mug of tea now though :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Town is dead..

Does anyone know why O'Connell St was closed all day yesterday?!

People too lazy to remove the barriers or is it being opened, AGAIN! :rolleyes:

Lornen wrote: »
    Does anyone know why O'Connell St was closed all day yesterday?!
    Heard that.. is it possible any of the SO Festival stalls are down there?

Basq wrote: »
    Heard that.. is it possible any of the SO Festival stalls are down there?

I'll have to go down and have a look myself, need a drink. To Tesco!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

There's stalls down there today...and a load of chalk designs drawn on the road.

Stalls in Stephen's street car park are worth a wander around if anyone's in town today, selection of different foods-French, Spanish, Indian, Chinese and others. You can even get kangaroo skewers.

thebuzz wrote: »
    There's stalls down there today...and a load of chalk designs drawn on the road.

Stalls in Stephen's street car park are worth a wander around if anyone's in town today, selection of different foods-French, Spanish, Indian, Chinese and others. You can even get kangaroo skewers.

You're f*cking kidding me.

I wandered out of work, tshirt clad, to see if I could grab something tasty on O'Connell St.
    Load of children tapping away on some wood and some trad band. NO FOOD :(

I am a sad panda right now.

Seems pretty BARE for our main street. Nothing of much interest down there.

How did I miss the food? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Seems pretty BARE for our main street. Nothing of much interest down there.
    Yeah they seemed to be just setting up on O'Connell street when I was in about 2pm, so don't know if that's for events this evening or what. Stuff in Stephen's street car park has been there since Paddy's day, think it might be there again tomorrow.

The food is meant to be lovely in Stephen's St. Car Park. The mother and sister were in there yesterday,Sakura are doing individual sized portions of chicken curry and rice for 2.50,I love it.

thebuzz wrote: »
    Yeah, got a lovely BBQ Hot Dog in Stephen's Street Car Park yesterday. Wasn't brave enough to try the kangaroo skewers.

Town was absolutely mental when I was in. Had a quick glance around TK Maxx etc.

Picked up the Special Edition of The Mighty Boosh in Third Wave for €12.50 - BARGAIN!

• Advertisement

Yeah, got a lovely BBQ Hot Dog in Stephen's Street Car Park yesterday. Wasn't brave enough to try the kangaroo skewers.

Town was absolutely mental when I was in. Had a quick glance around TK Maxx etc.

Picked up the Special Edition of The Mighty Boosh in Third Wave for €12.50 - BARGAIN!

BBQ HOT DOG YOU SAY?!?!!?

Ahem, eh. Hope it's there tomorrow!

where is Stephen's St car park btw?!

Shamed in asking, being in sligo a decade now and still getting confused :o

Tesco Car park yes?

where is Stephen's St car park btw?!
    You know the car park at the back of Bank Of Ireland, next to The Garavogue, Sakura is on the corner and where the Sligo Weekender office was until recently.

You know the car park at the back of Bank Of Ireland, next to The Garavogue, Sakura is on the corner and where the Sligo Weekender office was until recently.

Oh yes! Just acorss the bridge from rockwood?!

Bam, will be there tomorrow to sample the goods!

My sister got one of those hot dogs yesterday. She said it was huge and only 3 euro,loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

We were there yesterday. I think the food stalls should have been in O'Connell Street though.
    We tried the chicken curry from Sakura it was nice and great value at 2.50.

Lot's of entertainment in O'Connell Street too. I took some pics and a bit of video.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/magnumlady/sets/72157626301771286/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW1cIsBGZbQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

Anyone know if the food stalls are still there today, have a hankering for a hotdog!!

Anyone know if the food stalls are still there today, have a hankering for a hotdog!!

YES!!!

I'm just back, got myself and my sister a massive hotdog, mine was swarming in mustard. Amazing. They had that exact stall up in Dublin when I went to some concert in the o2 and I was happy as to see the same stall. I asked for mine to be very crispy and the lady was more than happy to char up my hotdog :pac:

Also, that candy stall is RIDICULOUS. The PRICE of everything!

I was getting some of the massive cables for my OH and the guy said it was 8 euro... I said "sorry you are joking? I'll give you a fiver for them." and he said "five is fine" so that just goes to show they really are trying their luck with the prices!

I felt slightly ashamed at my first haggling experience, but hey! Not bad :o

Yep, I'm a jelly fiend.. but I stay well clear of those!

They're always crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Caireann

They're always crazy.

Crazy jellies? :/

They're always crazy.

Tell me about it Basq, was mega tempted by the massive cherry cola bottles but I remembered I had a bad at home and I'm off sweets for lent so.. Meh! I am a FIEND for the indian pastries that were there but I just get them across the road from word and bam, happy days. Halal Point do a platter of little Indian pastries for 5 euro an entire platter and you get a gorgeous little selection, and a plate too I suppose! :pac:

They are so amazingly nice though. And the guy was looking for 1.50 a piece! When I can get 10-20 pieces for a fiver?!

Get out! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

YES!!!

I'm just back, got myself and my sister a massive hotdog, mine was swarming in mustard. Amazing. They had that exact stall up in Dublin when I went to some concert in the o2 and I was happy as to see the same stall. I asked for mine to be very crispy and the lady was more than happy to char up my hotdog :pac:

:o

Got me one of those delicious jumbo hotdogs too ... so tasty, wish they were there more often as nowhere does them quite so nice, and the smell of them cooking makes it even more inticing.

Well done on the haggling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

Anyone know why the Sligo Weekender website has vanished?

Look for http://www.sligoweekender.ie/News.aspx and you get the message The requested URL /nonexistent/ was not found on this server.

When I am away from Sligo it was useful for some news of the place. Maybe the change of ownership has something to with it?

Essexboy wrote: »
    Anyone know why the Sligo Weekender website has vanished?

Look for http://www.sligoweekender.ie/News.aspx and you get the message The requested URL /nonexistent/ was not found on this server.

When I am away from Sligo it was useful for some news of the place. Maybe the change of ownership has something to with it?

It was working the other day, maybe it's down this morning.

Fine for me Essexboy!

Untitled_56.jpg

Working for me now.

Going by their website, online registration for the Warrior's Run this year will open on the 2nd of May this year, so another few months to wait before registering Irish-Stew!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

magnumlady wrote: »
    Working for me now.

Seems to be Ok now. Thanks.

irish-stew,

You were busy today. The better-half was chatting to you over Doorly Park this morning, and met you cycling up Larkhill Road about 2.50pm. Honked the horn, but you looked deep in concentration!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

irish-stew,

You were busy today. The better-half was chatting to you over Doorly Park this morning, and met you cycling up Larkhill Road about 2.50pm. Honked the horn, but you looked deep in concentration!

I thought that was you, didn't cop though till you had just passed, black VW?

:o

First time have had the bike out this year, was just a couple of mile spin to check everythng working ok hence the jeans and hoodie (not my usual cycle atire).

• Advertisement

irish-stew,

Must...not...fap...

Advertisement