Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I'm trying to think of a way to get my hands on it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

Where there is a hunger, there is a way ... or something like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

So how did the Rapture go for everyone? We're all still here then?

Well I'm ok, the ratio in my fridge has reduced to being unfavorable but I'm feeling good about it! I just hope UrbanSea hasn't wasted away!

Ah I didn't. Got my quarter pounder meal and pizza in the end.

• Advertisement

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Ah I didn't. Got my quarter pounder meal and pizza in the end.

You scraped together a few cent then.

;)

After a rough night on the streets :pac:

Aw was so hungover today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Heading to Sligo this weekend and wondering if theres any good live music on anywhere or anything special going on Sunday or Monday afternoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

So I was thinking about making a JJ sauce to put with some chicken breasts...

I was a little confused as to what I wanted; a rub or a marinade. So I think I concocted something a little in between the two.

Still contemplating if it's suitable for human consumption...

I licked the pot and I'm sniffling and gasping here 10 minutes later with a pretty impressive tingle on my tongue.

I used a seductively large scots bonnet, several good throbbings of cayenne pepper and smoked paprika along with cinnamon, nutmeg, ground clove, ground all spice, lime and orange juice, garlic spring and white onions, and black pepper.

I think my face is going to melt off.

Can't wait until tomorrow when I try this bad boy out!!

I'm going to let the flavours mingle a little more over night and then unleash it tomorrow.

Any bravehearts with a cold or in need of immediate sinus relief, pop on over to mine! All are welcome! :pac:

Oh Lord, I just touched my eye..
    :eek:

• Advertisement

What'll you serve it with Lornen?

What'll you serve it with Lornen?

I'm going to sparingly coat some chicken breasts with it tomorrow and grill/bake them and serve it with some rice and beans :)

Also, a few litres of milk will be near by :pac:

EDIT: Bob Marley will be on full volume too! :P

Jeuz Lornen. Where have you been hiding? That sounds sooooooooo good.

Hows the eye?

irish-stew wrote: »
    Jeuz Lornen. Where have you been hiding? That sounds sooooooooo good.

Hows the eye?

Under a mountain of wham wrappers and 8 added pounds of flubber acquired through binge eating. That break up caught up with me in the end Stew! :(
    Run in the morning I think.. If I still fit into my shorts :o

The eye is grand now, I'm sure my insides have melted though :pac:

How've you been keeping? Still off the take aways?

That sounds nice Lornen. Sorry to hear about the break up.

Anyone watching Saving Private Ryan?

Lornen wrote: »
    Under a mountain of wham wrappers and 8 added pounds of flubber acquired through binge eating. That break up caught up with me in the end Stew! :(
    Run in the morning I think.. If I still fit into my shorts :o

The eye is grand now, I'm sure my insides have melted though :pac:

How've you been keeping? Still off the take aways?

I'm having the odd one, once a week or so.

Still running, been up and down knocknarea a few times. Definatly ran the streets of sligo too quick though, was hurting for a few days afterward, and my knee and around it has not been right since (wasn't great to start with). As per distance, have not got over 6k yet.

No thinking about the run in the morning, just do it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

That sounds nice Lornen. Sorry to hear about the break up.

Anyone watching Saving Private Ryan?

Yeah, getting it on +1 now. Big fan of war films me.

I'd never seen it before.

irish-stew wrote: »
    I'm having the odd one, once a week or so.

Still running, been up and down knocknarea a few times. Definatly ran the streets of sligo too quick though, was hurting for a few days afterward, and my knee and around it has not been right since (wasn't great to start with). As per distance, have not got over 6k yet.

No thinking about the run in the morning, just do it. ;)

I need to get my wee arse up there and have a look about the place. I definitely need to try it out.
    Run was postponed this morning but wait til you hear this for an excuse...
    Last night, tried changing a contact lense, chilli still on my fingers after several hours of THOROUGH washing.. New contact nearly burned a hole in my eye. SPLIT in half (or so I thought) I manage to dig a 'half' out and carry on, thinking the other half fell out or something and the pain was just from the chilli or something..

Come home from baby sitting, go to bed. Wake up around 7 and my eye is THROBBING and I can barely see out of it..

I go into the bathroom and pull out 2 more chunks of contact lens.
    My eye resembles an orange with a slit in it.

Where did our heatwave go? :(

^^^ Ouch Lornen, I'm wincing here reading that, hope your eye heals soon.

That marinade soo better be worth it :)

I miss the sun ... damn clouds

• Advertisement

161643.JPG

Everyone in my house has been warned to keep anything they love, value and cherish away from this bowl. I reduced it down so it's twice as bad as it was when I started out :P

And cheers EverEvolving, my eye's fine now I just have to wear my glasses.. Slightly embarrassing :o

And yeah it's ment to be humid enough out..
    I'm admiring the clouds from the wrong side of the window :P

Anyone go to Rory G this week?

I feel your pay lornen. I remember I got my mum to put my lenses in before,it was the day of one of my Junior Cert tests. She put it in the wrong solution and it absolutely burned the eye off me. Had to go to hospital

I feel your pay lornen. I remember I got my mum to put my lenses in before,it was the day of one of my Junior Cert tests. She put it in the wrong solution and it absolutely burned the eye off me. Had to go to hospital

Sweet Christ. Ah I get that the whole time, this burn that actually makes your knees weak and it feels like someone's poured acid into your eye..
    Not nice at all.. :(

Is it still sore? Few cold beers would sort that out :D

Is it still sore? Few cold beers would sort that out :D

Nope it's not sore at all I just look like I've done a few rounds with Tyson though!
    Few cold cocktails maybe, you can have the beers! ;)

How considerate of you :D Out tonight?

How considerate of you :D Out tonight?

Not out tonight no Urban, baking cupcakes for a friend's mum, Need to be ready for tomorrow. I know what an absolute Granny!
    Was out 4 times there a few weeks ago and I was sick as a dog last weekend after a night in a mates so, no drink for me for a while!
    24 cans of my fave cider in tesco for 24 euro.. I was SO tempted but I'll throw an extra 6 onto that and get a months gym membership.
    Someone please pat me on the back?!

Lemon cupcake with lemon mousse topped with white chocolate buttercream frosting and chocolate and orange cupcakes topped with orange scented buttercream frosting and a terry's chocolate orange slice :)

161652.jpg

There are the orange ones. I made them on Thursday after work to test them out. Not bad! :)

Lornen wrote: »
    I need to get my wee arse up there and have a look about the place. I definitely need to try it out.
    Run was postponed this morning but wait til you hear this for an excuse...
    Last night, tried changing a contact lense, chilli still on my fingers after several hours of THOROUGH washing.. New contact nearly burned a hole in my eye. SPLIT in half (or so I thought) I manage to dig a 'half' out and carry on, thinking the other half fell out or something and the pain was just from the chilli or something..

Come home from baby sitting, go to bed. Wake up around 7 and my eye is THROBBING and I can barely see out of it..

I go into the bathroom and pull out 2 more chunks of contact lens.
    My eye resembles an orange with a slit in it.

A contact lense spliting is stuff of nightmares for me. The idea of chilli fingers being added to that is making me wince so much I have just bounced of the sofa.

:eek:

Where did our heatwave go? :(

I miss the sun ... damn clouds

Mmmm. Maybe best not to mention my farmers tan I got today.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 43,886 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I spent a good 90 minutes cleaning the car today..

Cleaned the outside of the car, hoovered the inside, cleaned the dashes and panels, cleaned the interior and topped it off with a Jelly Belly Cherry air-freshener I picked up in Enniskillen last weekend.

Was shattered after it but looks absolutely spotless now..

• Advertisement

Spent my Saturday night baking cupcakes for a friends mother who was heading up to Dublin for potentially an art exhibition.. I'm not quite sure, I didn't ask but I was more than happy to test myself with trying to make my cupcakes look as good as possible!

So here they are :)

Lemon cupcake stuffed with a homemade lemon mousse, topped with white chocolate and vanilla bean frosting and white chocolate curls

161730.JPG

Chocolate and orange cupcake, topped with fresh orange buttercream frosting, finished with a Terry's Chocolate Orange segment.

161731.JPG

They were both sprinkled in edible gold glitter :)

Here they are in little gold boxes, waiting to be collected!

161732.JPG

Advertisement