Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Aw such a week of feeds I've had.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Aw such a week of feeds I've had.

And its only tuesday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

Just cooked up one of the burgers from Abbey foods there in Cleveragh and it was so yummy, fried onions, ketchup and cheese. Om ynom ynom. Defo recommend them.

Just cooked up one of the burgers from Abbey foods there in Cleveragh and it was so yummy, fried onions, ketchup and cheese. Om ynom ynom. Defo recommend them.

Any left? At yours not the shop. Dont fancy cooking.

:D

irish-stew wrote: »
    Any left? At yours not the shop. Dont fancy cooking.

:D

Not a crumb :) It was devoured!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,886 ✭✭✭✭Basq

They're superb burgers..

.. love Abbey Foods!

Just wish I had a bigger freezer.

Get a chest freezer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Can't remember where about this was mentioned, pretty sure it was Basq!

The much sought after FLAPJACK!

2 boxes down in the Spar across from the Friary, took this picture ten minutes ago..

165187.JPG

Twas mentioned by me in the Shopping / Bargain Alerts thread..

.. girlfriend picked up a 4 pack of Caramel Squares / Shortcakes on Sunday too,

Nyom nyom nyom. They're delish.. much nicer than the majority of pre-packed bakery stuff.

Probably because you know it's fresher than the majority of pre-packed bakery stuff.

I was eyeballing a chocolate swiss roll that was there, absolutely stuffed to the gills with cream. Had to pass though!
    Picked up BOXING of all sports! If anyone saw me, and then heard that.. Mega lols to be had :o

• Advertisement

Where are you training Lornen? I've been meaning to start

Hows the running going Lornen. Have taken to running on the beach now. Abit behind in the training though.

:o

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Where are you training Lornen? I've been meaning to start

Somewhere out in Ballincarrow?
    I don't even know if that's how you spell it. My friend brought me the last day. It's fun enough :)
    But yeah I'll be missing next week as I'm doing some swimming thing in the Sports Complex next week! Learning how to swim finally :o
    o
    Hows the running going Lornen. Have taken to running on the beach now. Abit behind in the training though.

:o

Oh Stew, it's been pathetic. Non existent actually.. I've lost ALL motivation. Not even my shiny shoes can cheer me up. I doubt I'll be fit for the Warrior's Run.

So let down in myself, I'll try pick it up and work really intensely.. I'm just such a laughing stock now with it! :(

Ah ya that's the best one out in Ballinacarrow

Took up swimming yesterday. Doing an intensive swimming lesson course thing that lasts the week.
    Day 2 in and I got bumped up with another girl to the slightly more advanced swimming class which was handy enough!

Really enjoying it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭DenMan

That's great Lornen. Enjoy your swimming classes :)

DenMan wrote: »
    That's great Lornen. Enjoy your swimming classes :)

Cheers! It's brilliant! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Hungry Rock

actully thinking of a subway now, although did anyone see that programe in the week about what is really in our highstreet sandwiches, subwy was featured

If Gustavo seen the programme about what Subway put into their rolls he would be throwing his tuna roll up in mouth fulls!

If Gustavo seen the programme about what Subway put into their rolls he would be throwing his tuna roll up in mouth fulls!
    You're seriously referencing a post from 3 years ago to make that point.. what next -Kentucky Fried Cruelty? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Just been looking at this house on Flickr. What a shame that it's just been left.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/derelict_nation/with/5917467581/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

magnumlady wrote: »
    Just been looking at this house on Flickr. What a shame that it's just been left.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/derelict_nation/with/5917467581/

Do you know where it is? It looks awfully familiar. Another ruin of the recession, really tragic.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭itac

Anyone know who's behind the moniker derelict nation? Can't remember my flicker log-in, haven't used it in years!
    That house they were in on Pearse road used to belong to my Great-Aunt Roisin...heart-breaking to see how it is now, but would still love to see the other pics from it anyhoo...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

That house in on the Old Bundoran Road, if you take a right turn at the junction for Berties Pitch and Putt towards the Tennis Club, it's just on the right hand side, just a few houses down. Think it may have been a B&B at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

bobcar61 wrote: »
    That house in on the Old Bundoran Road, if you take a right turn at the junction for Berties Pitch and Putt towards the Tennis Club, it's just on the right hand side, just a few houses down. Think it may have been a B&B at some point.

Ah! I knew I recognized it, I had friends in that area. Such an awful waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Looks like they left in a fair auld hurry too.

itac wrote: »
    Anyone know who's behind the moniker derelict nation? Can't remember my flicker log-in, haven't used it in years!
    That house they were in on Pearse road used to belong to my Great-Aunt Roisin...heart-breaking to see how it is now, but would still love to see the other pics from it anyhoo...:(

There is a blog here: http://www.derelictireland.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jazyguy

That house and the ones either side of it were bought by a developer who wanted access to the land at the back. There was planning permission for over 200 units at the rear of this house. I believe its all in nama now so I guess we all own it.

I was driving past the court house earlier and there was a guy walking up and down wearing a sandwich board with loads of stuff written on it, seemed like a protest of some sort, I nearly bloody crashed trying to get a look at him!

Anyone have any clue what it was about?!

I was driving past the court house earlier and there was a guy walking up and down wearing a sandwich board with loads of stuff written on it, seemed like a protest of some sort, I nearly bloody crashed trying to get a look at him!

Anyone have any clue what it was about?!

He was there last week too. I must walk up that way tomorrow and see what it's all about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

magnumlady wrote: »
    He was there last week too. I must walk up that way tomorrow and see what it's all about.

What, no photo val? :eek:

tut tut tut........;)

Advertisement