Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Seen a few Chinese Lanterns (i think thats what they were) floating over town this evening. Any idea which direction they came from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

The ground? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

kenna3 wrote: »
    Hey all

Just wondering if anyone knows where i can get an lcd tv fixed...tried the place in john street was charged 40e and told he didnt no what was wrong with it lol

Cheers :)

ps seems very quiet this thread wheres all the sligonians????

Try the I and E shop on Market Street. Go down the back and ask for Kevin.

Getting my leaving cert repeat results today. I've given up trying to sleep.

Good Luck Urbansea.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Best of luck UrbanSea!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Hope you got good results Urbansea

Thanks lads,over the moon :D

UrbanSea wrote: »

Are you not out celebrating with all the other young'uns?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

Well done, hope you got what you wanted.

The girl I used to babysit (:eek: yes I am that old) got 510 points, I like to think my assistance with colouring in between the lines helped that one :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭DenMan

Passed Borza's takeaway yesterday evening in the car and noticed it was closed up with some renovation being done on the inside. Does anybody know if they have just closed for a while are have they gone completely? The name is covered up too.

• Advertisement

irish-stew wrote: »
    Are you not out celebrating with all the other young'uns?
    I was having a few beers when I posted that
    Well done, hope you got what you wanted.

The girl I used to babysit (:eek: yes I am that old) got 510 points, I like to think my assistance with colouring in between the lines helped that one :pac:

I got 510 too :P My course is 510 but only has 12 places so just hope to God it doesn't go up in points from last year.

DenMan wrote: »
    Passed Borza's takeaway yesterday evening in the car and noticed it was closed up with some renovation being done on the inside. Does anybody know if they have just closed for a while are have they gone completely? The name is covered up too.
    There's a sign saying "Re-opening under new management shortly.." on the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

I got 510 too :P My course is 510 but only has 12 places so just hope to God it doesn't go up in points from last year.

Well done, that's really good. What are looking to do if you don't mind me asking ... Take away tester :D ?!

Haha if that was a course I'd have that down first :pac:

Business and Transatlantic Studies in DCU. Two years in Dublin,two in Boston,it'd be mint.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Anyone have any idea when lidl is reopening?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

I think it's the 8 September. I didn't know it had closed. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Flat out baking like there was no tomorrow for the Fashion and Trinkets Fair that was held in The Clarion yesterday.

Was a really fun day and even met a fellow Boardsie!

Lornen wrote: »
    Flat out baking like there was no tomorrow for the Fashion and Trinkets Fair that was held in The Clarion yesterday.

Was a really fun day and even met a fellow Boardsie!

Fantastic cakes, well done: http://www.flickr.com/photos/magnumlady/6107322406/
    Nice to meet you :D I also caught up with Fozzle too.:D

magnumlady wrote: »
    Fantastic cakes, well done: http://www.flickr.com/photos/magnumlady/6107322406/
    Nice to meet you :D I also caught up with Fozzle too.:D

It was great meeting you too :)

I was baking this morning for a friend, 2 dozen and a cake. Wipe out!
    I'll be in bed all weekend recovering from that bake-athon! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

magnumlady wrote: »

It's the cookie monster :D They look so scrumptious :pac: I never knew this was even on, were you allowed to sample what was on display? Please tell me you weren't as this will make me more jealous :P

• Advertisement

bobcar61 wrote: »
    It's the cookie monster :D They look so scrumptious :pac: I never knew this was even on, were you allowed to sample what was on display? Please tell me you weren't as this will make me more jealous :P

No you weren't allowed to sample them! You had to buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

KayTee wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea when lidl is reopening?

Thursday morning... Stock going back in there at the moment.

Such a laugh I just had. Pure have a page on Facebook advertising drink promotions. A concerned citizen posted this:

''ARE YOU SERIOUS ADVERTISING THIS ITS NO WONDER THE YOUNG PEOPLE OF SLIGO ARE FALLING ROUND THE PLACE MAKING A NU-SENSES OF THEM SELVES AND ITS THE LIKES OF YE THAT ARE TO BLAME !!!!!!!''

People really need to lighten up.

Such a laugh I just had. Pure have a page on Facebook advertising drink promotions. A concerned citizen posted this:

''ARE YOU SERIOUS ADVERTISING THIS ITS NO WONDER THE YOUNG PEOPLE OF SLIGO ARE FALLING ROUND THE PLACE MAKING A NU-SENSES OF THEM SELVES AND ITS THE LIKES OF YE THAT ARE TO BLAME !!!!!!!''

People really need to lighten up.

By far my most favourite word if they spelled it like that.
    What a hero!

Hahaha yeah,the response to that comment was someone linking her to a definition of the word 'nuisance'

Hahaha yeah,the response to that comment was someone linking her to a definition of the word 'nuisance'

Would be like Tesco not advertising their goods that are on sale.
    I wonder if she'll actually barge into Tesco and tell them they aren't allowed promote alcohol offers and give out about how unruly youths are going to destroy the town now a bottle of Mickey Finn's has 2 euro off :pac:

Aw stop,some people really need to lighten up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭DenMan

Was walking through Sligo town today. Gutted to see that Tobergal Lane Cafe had closed down. Was only in it a good few months ago. Does anybody know when it closed down?

Was walking through Sligo town today. Gutted to see that Tobergal Lane Cafe had closed down. Was only in it a good few months ago. Does anybody know when it closed down?

It's been gone a few months now.
    Sligo isn't great for cafes on a Sunday. Source Sligo is now closed Sundays, Cafe Fleur is and as far as I know Pepper Alley is too.

• Advertisement

Bistro Bianconi is opening there now.. they're moving back from O Connell Street.

Advertisement