Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Not sure if anyone will be able to help me but, was at the Culture Night down in the Niland last night and there was artist's studios opened for viewing and there was one man whose medium of choice was charcoal and he had some stunning work. Only draw back was he was talking to other people the whole duration I was in his studio and I didn't catch his name..

If anyone knows his name, could they let me know? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Lornen wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone will be able to help me but, was at the Culture Night down in the Niland last night and there was artist's studios opened for viewing and there was one man whose medium of choice was charcoal and he had some stunning work. Only draw back was he was talking to other people the whole duration I was in his studio and I didn't catch his name..

If anyone knows his name, could they let me know? :)

You could try contacting the Model directly - (0) 71 914 14 05 or info@themodel.ie. Good luck! I used to love drawing with charcoal! Please share the artist when you find out, i'd be interested to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

I moved to Sligo a few months ago. I have lived in various parts of Ireland but have to say I love living by the sea!

Bit of an odd request, but I'm finding it hard to meet new people in Sligo town. I have been put on nights at work till Christmas so I am missing out on the usual night time pub scene. Would love to meet some new people in Sligo, I know nobody. Even better if we have common interests.. I am a BIG food fan. As soon as one meal is finished I am thinking of the next or busy baking or indulging my sweet tooth! I have an ungodly fear of the day it will start to show.. I am 24 so I should have time yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Will some kind soul please buy the poor lonely Guinea hen at Canning's House & Garden. She's doubled in size since I last saw her and the cage she is in really isn't big enough. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

genie wrote: »
    Will some kind soul please buy the poor lonely Guinea hen at Canning's House & Garden. She's doubled in size since I last saw her and the cage she is in really isn't big enough. :(

Why didn't you buy her? She might get on well with the hens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

magnumlady wrote: »
    Why didn't you buy her? She might get on well with the hens.

They can be quite noisy and the locals hate me enough as it is...:(

I don't know why they acquired one on its own.

genie wrote: »
    They can be quite noisy and the locals hate me enough as it is...:(

I don't know why they acquired one on its own.

Aw shame, poor bird.

Supermacs is open :D

http://twitpic.com/6tee8u

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Supermacs is open :D

http://twitpic.com/6tee8u

Might have to pay a visit.

I went to the apartments in Ballisodare today for a look. Here's what I saw:
    http://magnumlady.com/2011/10/02/back-to-ballisodare/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

It's depressing looking at those pics.

I think you should balance it out by posting some happy uplifting pics please!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I think its scandalous that after all these reports and photos and articles in the paper etc... that there still has been no effort to secure the premises in any way. I would have thought that this would at least have been done.

Guess not tho.

I think its scandalous that after all these reports and photos and articles in the paper etc... that there still has been no effort to secure the premises in any way. I would have thought that this would at least have been done.

Guess not tho.

There is a sign up there now from the council saying they are going to make the place safe and I presume board it up.

It's depressing looking at those pics.

I think you should balance it out by posting some happy uplifting pics please!

Plenty of happy pics on my flickr page :D

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

who own's the property,have they not some sort of due care with the building.
    Ive herd that there has been some dispute between the Building contractor and the developer and this has been the root of the decay.The work done is ment to be very poor,hence the dispute but then again it could be a cop out by the developer.

but theres no way it should have ever been let go like this,it will be knocked sooner rather than later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Apparently there were some horrific sewage problems from the start

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

not good that along the river,and such a high profile salmon river

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Afaik, the developer went wallop which is why there's nothing done with it.

The biggest problem from the outset was the roof. There were major leaks in the roof from the outset...

It really is a crying shame, but there's no other logical solution really than to just demolish it........

Afaik, the developer went wallop which is why there's nothing done with it.

The biggest problem from the outset was the roof. There were major leaks in the roof from the outset...

It really is a crying shame, but there's no other logical solution really than to just demolish it........

One of the blocks looks OK. Although I didn't see the roof on it. The main block has slates coming off it already, not good on such a new building. The dampness seems to be the main problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭shanec1928

the foundations are sinking in it and it was condemned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Oh what a morning, such horrible rain. I had to walk pretty much from Carraroe to the I.T and with an umbrella! My feet are no drenched, nothing worse than having wet feet for the rest of the day :(

I thought it was all of Ireland that gets horrible weather but apparently not.

Was a nice mild day in Dublin here today.

Mum would often ring me and it's nice here and bucketing in Sligo. I've only got caught in the rain two days so far going to college in the last three weeks.

Just want to give this place a mention: http://www.sligoindoorairsoft.com/index.html

We went there today and it was brilliant. It seems not many Sligo people know about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Terry who runs it is a mate of mine

He did try various methods to get the word out without spending too much. Put up some posters but they were all taken down.

I've been meaning to go

Slidey wrote: »
    Terry who runs it is a mate of mine

He did try various methods to get the word out without spending too much. Put up some posters but they were all taken down.

I did a blog post about it and I've been talking about it on twitter. So many people don't know about it. It's a great idea makes a nice change from going to the cinema or shopping.

Is there anywhere in or around town where you can drop off textiles/clothes to be recycled?

Is there anywhere in or around town where you can drop off textiles/clothes to be recycled?

There's a place near the Abbey, that give money for old clothes. Also one off Adelaide street. Not sure if they take textiles though.

There's a place near the Abbey, that give money for old clothes. Also one off Adelaide street. Not sure if they take textiles though.

Its mostly old clothes, that wouldn't be suitable for the charity shop. Do you think they'd accept them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

If it is mostly cotton, I know most garages would be happy to take them for rags.

Getting harder to get rags since doorstep collections started

Advertisement