Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭FREDNISMO

Anybody know if Paul Scanlon is still with Ocean FM, I just have not heard him in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Slidey wrote: »
    If it is mostly cotton, I know most garages would be happy to take them for rags.

Getting harder to get rags since doorstep collections started

some cotton, mostly polyester, fleece and hosiery though i'm afraid. can't bring myself to put them with the normal waste and would like to see if i can recycle them before it comes to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

FREDNISMO wrote: »
    Anybody know if Paul Scanlon is still with Ocean FM, I just have not heard him in a while

I was wondering the same thing.

Its mostly old clothes, that wouldn't be suitable for the charity shop. Do you think they'd accept them?

I think they would take them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Its mostly old clothes, that wouldn't be suitable for the charity shop. Do you think they'd accept them?

At the place at Abbey Street, they just take the clothes in bags and weigh it and give you money without checking them or anything, as far as I know there's no restrictions on what type of clothes or what condition.

You get feck all money for them, though, so I'd be inclined to give anything in a wearable condition to a charity shop, and if there were any leftovers then I might drop them into that other place. It all seems a wee bit dodgy!!

• Advertisement

At the place at Abbey Street, they just take the clothes in bags and weigh it and give you money without checking them or anything, as far as I know there's no restrictions on what type of clothes or what condition.

You get feck all money for them, though, so I'd be inclined to give anything in a wearable condition to a charity shop, and if there were any leftovers then I might drop them into that other place. It all seems a wee bit dodgy!!

Oh certainly, I have bags of wearable clothes for the charity shops, and bags of clothes I wouldn't give to a charity shop in others - so I'm not altogether concerned about getting money for them. Do you have any idea what they're used for - I always wonder in these cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Legaeldan

Anyone up for drinks in Sligo saturday? Got an apartment in the centre to start with if anyone is interested? PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Legaeldan wrote: »
    Anyone up for drinks in Sligo saturday? Got an apartment in the centre to start with if anyone is interested? PM me

Have you tried the beers thread?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

I know cross-posting in frowned upon on boards.ie, but I just wanted to mention the play in the link below, taking place in the Hawk's Well Theatre tonight. It's a great play, as long as you're not *too* prudish. Some of the language is a little ripe, but it's very funny.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77630306&postcount=147

disclosure: there may be (ahem) a boards.ie member in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Just saw that now, how did it go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Just saw that now, how did it go?

Was that to me?

The play went very well. We had 3 full house nights in Ballymote, in fact had to turn people away on the final night, we were too full. We figured if we got 100 people for the hawk's Well, we'd be doing well, give nthat we had almost no publicity for it, and that it was the night before St. Patrick's Day. We sold 97 tickets, so we were quite happy with that, certainly covered our expenses, and gave us a little cushion for our autumn/winter productions.

The play ran very smoothly on the night, the audience seemed to like it. They took a wee while to warm up, but when they did they really got into it, and we were all pleased with how it ran. It's a bit daunting playing on a large, professional stage like the Hawk's Well, but it also adds another 10-15% to your performance.

We *MAY* be putting on one more night in Boyle, if we can get a date that suits everyone, so if/when that happens, I'll post back here.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

TheQ47 wrote: »
    **snip**
    We *MAY* be putting on one more night in Boyle, if we can get a date that suits everyone, so if/when that happens, I'll post back here.

Please do! :) The MIL wanted to see it in Ballymote but couldn't make it in. **possibility of brownie points for me ;)**

Has anyone heard of SGM food services? They were advertising on FAS.ie and gave v little info. I've extensively googled them but can't find anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭Yeah Yeah Yeah

Are you modding from London Irish-S?

Are you modding from London Irish-S?

Nah. But from there.

LOL! I get ur name now! Which part if thats OK to ask? Central? Greater? Lived in London 10 years, England 16 in total.

Moved these over to General Chit Chat

;)
    LOL! I get ur name now!

Have you?

:p

Use to use it on a UK based forum to identify that I was posting from ireland

:)
    Which part if thats OK to ask? Central? Greater? Lived in London 10 years, England 16 in total.

Souf Landon. Init.

:D

Lol! Saaf landan innit. North London me, always seemed sunnier over in the south...me mates from the south hated coming north...used to hang out in Brixton quite a bit, in the Prince eddie...lived NW5 Kentish Tahn....handy for the Town and Country..innit.:D

I'm orginally from Hemel.

Does anyone know when the Easter Rising memorial on Pearse Rd. is due to start tomorrow?

• Advertisement

magnumlady wrote: »
    I'm orginally from Hemel.

Hemel Heamstead?

Very nice part of England.

Does anyone know when the Easter Rising memorial on Pearse Rd. is due to start tomorrow?

Its usally around 3 I think.

irish-stew wrote: »
    Its usally around 3 I think.

Is it at the town hall or the graveyard?

Is it at the town hall or the graveyard?

No idea. Sorry.

We are having a jumble sale/raffle on June 23rd at the Methodist Hall, Wine Street Sligo.
    It's in aid of Sligo Animal Rescue and the Sathya Sai Sanctuary Trust for Nature.
    At the moment we are looking for good quality jumble and also if anyone can donate a prize for the raffle please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

magnumlady wrote: »
    We are having a jumble sale/raffle on June 23rd at the Methodist Hall, Wine Street Sligo.
    It's in aid of Sligo Animal Rescue and the Sathya Sai Sanctuary Trust for Nature.
    At the moment we are looking for good quality jumble and also if anyone can donate a prize for the raffle please.

Where can I leave jumble? Moving house this week so might have some stuff to donate

Hey all, there's a free curator's talk on the current Yeats' exhibition up in The Model gallery tomorrow, begins at 1! All welcomed, the more the merrier. Some great portraits by John Yeats with a Sligo connection, as well as the indomitable Jack B.!

Actully forgot how big the portons were in ZamsZams. Must have been a couple lbs of spuds and a new born lamb in that takeaway.

:eek:

irish-stew wrote: »
    Actully forgot how big the portons were in ZamsZams. Must have been a couple lbs of spuds and a new born lamb in that takeaway.

:eek:

I must try them. I was sitting outside last week and see they do a 7 inch pizza for 3 euro!

• Advertisement

Have to give a mention to a boot camp running at Castle Dargan. It's on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7pm and Wednesday at 10am. 5 euro a session. I did it this morning it was very good.

Advertisement