Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

magnumlady wrote: »
    Have to give a mention to a boot camp running at Castle Dargan. It's on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7pm and Wednesday at 10am. 5 euro a session. I did it this morning it was very good.

Seen something similar at Kevinsfort park at the weekend. Was either that, or a circuit training. Was looking preaty intensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I'm back getting fit. Running about 5 times a week here in Chicago. Doing about 4.5k at a time but it's about 30 degrees when I'm running,it makes me fairly sweat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

UrbanSea wrote: »
    I'm back getting fit. Running about 5 times a week here in Chicago. Doing about 4.5k at a time but it's about 30 degrees when I'm running,it makes me fairly sweat

I want to get into running, I live in Doonally area so lots of narrow roads which really isn't ideal. Was thinking of going to Hazelwood, or if anyone had any other recommendations for running spots in Sligo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Hazelwood is good. It's a because you know how far youve gone with each lap.

Bad points is you have to be on the lookout for roots etc that you don't trip.

Great fun after a wet spell running through the puddles and mud :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I went to a Boot Camp in Castle Dargan last week. It involves some running and other exercises. It's 5 euro a class. On Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 7pm and Weds morning at 10am.

• Advertisement

I hadn't heard there was a crash in Ballinacarrow yesterday.

21 year old man lost his life on his way to work. Awful sad,R.I.P

http://www.sligotoday.ie/details.php?id=22938

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

This may be in the wrong place, but does anyone know if the new Pharmacy at Aldi opened yet?
    Lot of work going the last few weeks. Would be handy with parking beside.

red sean wrote: »
    This may be in the wrong place, but does anyone know if the new Pharmacy at Aldi opened yet?

It wasn't open last time I was there. I'll have a look tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

red sean wrote: »
    It's open yeah. Was open yesterday when I was passing by.

Who tuned into Stripped last night? Great documentary on a week in the life of Sligo man Joseph Gallagher, directed by fellow Sligo man Glenn Gannon, its on iplayer now: http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10096574/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Who tuned into Stripped last night? Great documentary on a week in the life of Sligo man Joseph Gallagher, directed by fellow Sligo man Glenn Gannon, its on iplayer now: http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10096574/

It was definitely something different anyway! :pac:
    Fair play to him though, it must have been hard to take the plunge and I loved how he mentioned how he doesn't mind performing for men as he's comfortable with his sexuality enough so it doesn't bother him. Good to hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

Lornen wrote: »
    It was definitely something different anyway! :pac:
    Fair play to him though, it must have been hard to take the plunge and I loved how he mentioned how he doesn't mind performing for men as he's comfortable with his sexuality enough so it doesn't bother him. Good to hear!

What gym did he use? He looked like he was the only one there. He mentioned that he used to do Personal training a while back. Surely this is something that he could go back to when he is not stripping. Make more money aswell

DULLAHAN2 wrote: »
    What gym did he use? He looked like he was the only one there. He mentioned that he used to do Personal training a while back. Surely this is something that he could go back to when he is not stripping. Make more money aswell

I dunno, are there people with enough money to employ a personal trainer, or are gyms still taking them on? I mean if he's happy enough to do that maybe he prefers it to the personal training - he did say he loved to bring a smile to people's faces!

It looked like the Mercy College gym to me but I'm not sure! Its not many gyms i've seen the inside of! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

DULLAHAN2 wrote: »

Pretty sure it's the Mercy gym DULLAHAN.
    It'd be interesting to see him do both and make the most out of his fitness!

I don't think I can say any names, but my Dad's car broke down a couple of days ago due to faulty/washed down diesel from a big depot in town... so just for people to be vigilant. It's going to cost him loads to get the engine fixed, he's really pissed off and theres nothing he can do about it.

I don't think I can say any names, but my Dad's car broke down a couple of days ago due to faulty/washed down diesel from a big depot in town... so just for people to be vigilant. It's going to cost him loads to get the engine fixed, he's really pissed off and theres nothing he can do about it.

If it was a fault of the garage he should be able to claim from them. I knew a lady who had a similar problem with petrol and the shop paid for her car to be sorted out.

magnumlady wrote: »
    If it was a fault of the garage he should be able to claim from them. I knew a lady who had a similar problem with petrol and the shop paid for her car to be sorted out.

I think he's getting the petrol tested but I am livid, surely they should be help accountable for buying dodgy petrol in?? Dad says they'll just deny it.

It depends on where he got it from. I'm sure I've heard of a place getting into trouble before for doing the same thing. Also there would be more people with the same problem as your dad if there was something dodgy going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭FREDNISMO

If its the same depot that I think you are talking about, there are a lot of rumours circulating about customs and excise moving in on them, sorry to hear about car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Why can't the place be named?

• Advertisement

Hobbitfeet wrote: »
    Why can't the place be named?

Because it could be libelous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Of course that makes sense :)

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

i got banished and banned and look on as an outcast a few years back for highlighting this depot,well im not going to say i told ye so but well i did.its about time the customs put the noose around this gangsters neck.getting away with his antics for too long now.
    but you cannot name this guy as he will send his gang of gorillas after you.

Been looking for a link for this but can't find it, did anyone hear about a fella going in to Curry's the other day with a baseball bat and smashed up a load of stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Never heard anything of that. When did that happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Was on Ocean fm.
    So their website should have it.

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Been looking for a link for this but can't find it, did anyone hear about a fella going in to Curry's the other day with a baseball bat and smashed up a load of stuff?

Was on the Weekender site and all over twitter. He smashed €11,000 of goods in Curry's yesterday: https://www.facebook.com/sligo.weekender?fref=ts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

I wonder did Bob Z find Argos? :D

I guess we'll never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Kettleson wrote: »
    I wonder did Bob Z find Argos? :D

I guess we'll never know.

Well with ur directions

:P

;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

irish-stew wrote: »
    Well with ur directions

:P

;)

LOL!! Yeah, thats what I was worried about....I did see a man under pressure in his car circling the town a few time last Saturday...:D

Advertisement