Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Zymurgist wrote: »
    The dairies out the strand hill road?? When did that happen?
    yes. must be a year or two at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Hey, Im job hunting atm and it says to send Cvs to the PO Box and gives a number. Where are the PO boxes in Sligo?! I sent one off the other week and it was returned 3 days later. Any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Mugatuu wrote: »
    Hey, Im job hunting atm and it says to send Cvs to the PO Box and gives a number. Where are the PO boxes in Sligo?! I sent one off the other week and it was returned 3 days later. Any help?

The sorting office in Finisklin.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    The sorting office in Finisklin.

Cheers, much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Does anyone know if the records of Sligo Feis Ceoil winners from the 1920's exist and can be viewed/accessed?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭whatswhat

Kettleson wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the records of Sligo Feis Ceoil winners from the 1920's exist and can be viewed/accessed?

Thanks

Have you tried the Heritage Centre next door to the Hawkswell Theatre? If they cannot help you they might be able to point you i the right direction. Might be worth a try? Good Luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Thanks WhatsWhat. I never knew where that place was. I'll pop in and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭whatswhat

Kettleson wrote: »
    Thanks WhatsWhat. I never knew where that place was. I'll pop in and ask them.

No bother. The staff in there are real friendly and helpful. For anyone else out there into family genealogy for Sligo, they hold a lot of records and are clued up at pointing you further afield if needed.

We have two new mods! When did this happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

We have two new mods! When did this happen?

I fell in the wrong door at a coke and hookers party and this was my punishment :(

• Advertisement

Kovu wrote: »
    I fell in the wrong door at a coke and hookers party and this was my punishment :(

Hopefully you got a little enjoyment from it.

:D

Hopefully you got a little enjoyment from it.

:D

Ah yea, Sligo is just down the road from me. Know it well enough! Ye seem a lovely bunch so far :)

Kovu wrote: »
    Ah yea, Sligo is just down the road from me. Know it well enough! Ye seem a lovely bunch so far :)

So far...

;)

So far...

;)

Always cover my bases :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

What day is the market on in town? Being told Friday morning or saturday..im looking for a fruit and veg (wo)man..is there one? Or even a veg shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

I'm guessing the 'market' you're looking for is the farmers market in the IT on Saturday mornings and not the general market which takes place in the Market Yard on Fridays.

I take it by the inverted commas that it isn't up to much!

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

Honestly I couldn't tell you myself as I've never gone to it, but I've heard it's quite good from some people who have.
    I was more stating that your use of just market could have meant either. I'd always refer to the market yard one as the market and the other as the farmers market.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Very good farmers market in Branleys Yard, Rathcormac every Sat starting at 11 (I think)
    3 miles out the donegal road.

ah right, well i didn't know about the farmers market! thanks for the info guess saturday is the one for me to have a go at so! :)

• Advertisement

red sean wrote: »
    Very good farmers market in Branleys Yard, Rathcormac every Sat starting at 11 (I think)
    3 miles out the donegal road.

Thanks but I've no car so unless I can get a bus out there I shant be walking there and back with a load of veggies! :pac:

Check buseireann, theres a stop right beside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Can anyone tell me where in Town old batteries/bulbs can be disposed properly?

Any electrical shop will have a disposal bin for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Can anyone tell me where in Town old batteries/bulbs can be disposed properly?

I don't know about bulbs but anywhere that sells batteries has to have a bin for disposing old ones. You don't have to even buy yours there AFAIK (or so it seems from where I work!). Some places have the bin left out (it's a blue box about the size of a Barry's Tea box)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    What day is the market on in town? Being told Friday morning or saturday..im looking for a fruit and veg (wo)man..is there one? Or even a veg shop!

You can buy organic veg from the L.E.T.S centre up by the sports centre in Cleveragh, they are only open week days as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭moonbloom

sammyjo90 wrote: »

Dawn fresh in tesco car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Anyone know of anywhere selling wasp spray in Sligo? Found a wasp hive in my garden shed. I was advised to knock it off the roof at night then spray it with wasp spray.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭moonbloom

Anyone know of anywhere selling wasp spray in Sligo? Found a wasp hive in my garden shed. I was advised to knock it off the roof at night then spray it with wasp spray.

Wouldn't chance it. Himself would do all DIY but wouldn't touch the nest we had in our garage. Got rentokill out, well worth it. Paul Caden, he has all the gear.

• Advertisement

Any one know what the story with the €3 all day parking down by quayside is? There's signs up about clamping but no where to pay apart from a sign about €3 on an old blue box that seems to be full of rubbish! The place is always full so I'm wondering where do people pay?

Advertisement