Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

magnumlady wrote: »
    I wish the donkeys had backed away slowly!:D

I just read that and it sounds very wrong!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Too... Many... Jokes...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Jaysus ya went a long way for a 406.

There should be loads of them local enough.

I went to back end of clifton to look at a Twin Cam for a friend.

Told the guy selling the car on the phone that I was a mechanic, and my mate was a panelbeater and we were round the cars for years (all true) and not to have us waste out time if it was a relic.

Swore blind it was a minter. honestly i nearly decked him when we got there. Total waste of time, could tell as soon as we pulled up.

Though telling them you are a mechanic can work. Flew to Bradford last Sept with a bag of cash to buy a car, The guy selling it was a mechainc too and I told him not to mess me about that I had Golfs for years. Luckily it all worked out, was a gamble though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

slideways wrote: »
    Jaysus ya went a long way for a 406.

There should be loads of them local enough.

I went to back end of clifton to look at a Twin Cam for a friend.

Told the guy selling the car on the phone that I was a mechanic, and my mate was a panelbeater and we were round the cars for years (all true) and not to have us waste out time if it was a relic.

Swore blind it was a minter. honestly i nearly decked him when we got there. Total waste of time, could tell as soon as we pulled up.

Though telling them you are a mechanic can work. Flew to Bradford last Sept with a bag of cash to buy a car, The guy selling it was a mechainc too and I told him not to mess me about that I had Golfs for years. Luckily it all worked out, was a gamble though.

Bit of a trip alright yea. Not sure where I'll find any locally. Checked around and can't find SFA anywhere. Suggestions vould be greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement

Big_Mac wrote: »
    Bit of a trip alright yea. Not sure where I'll find any locally. Checked around and can't find SFA anywhere. Suggestions vould be greatly appreciated.
    I am assuming it is a diesel you are after.

Friend of mine deals alot with Peugeots. I ask him on the way home this eve if I have time

slideways wrote: »
    I am assuming it is a diesel you are after.

Friend of mine deals alot with Peugeots. I ask him on the way home this eve if I have time

Yup, definitely a diesel. HDI preferably

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Aaaaarggghhh!!! Our sitter doesn't know if she is available on the 22nd!!! I'm still waiting to hear from her, she should know by the end of the week......
    If we can't make it on the night, since it's to say goodbye to Xiney & YC, what about having lunch at the sushi place on the Saturday instead or as well?
    I'll keep ye posted....

I'm off to Galway tomorrow on the 8:15 bus to try and find a place! Oh my god. So nervous/excited!!

Also we have to clean our house because the landlady is showing it on Thursday. I won't be home until 10:30 or later... this is gonna be fun!

• Advertisement

Yup, definitely a diesel. HDI preferably
    Aye no bother

PM sent..

Good Luck with the house hunting!

Dear Sligo Town,

I'm leaving you. I've fallen in love with your bigger, more exciting brother, Galway.

I hope we can still be friends and that you won't look at me with that weird hurt look accross the table at Christmas dinner.

All the best,

Christine

PS I trust you will sleep on the couch until I move my stuff out. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Xiney wrote: »
    Dear Sligo Town,

I'm leaving you. I've fallen in love with your bigger, more exciting brother, Galway.

I hope we can still be friends and that you won't look at me with that weird hurt look accross the table at Christmas dinner.

All the best,

Christine

PS I trust you will sleep on the couch until I move my stuff out. Thanks.

huh, didn't think you were away to next week, oh well, gawd help the galway forums, does this mean you will be hanging up your mod cap here

;)

PPS I still love your little cousin, the Sligo boardsies. I'll visit often.

(I'm only house hunting, I'll be back Friday.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Best of luck finding a place Xiney!

Bring us back presents!

LOL

I'll bring you all back leaflets for the gorgeous hostel I'm staying in, with free wifi. (Kinlay House)

wont we all all to meet up to get said presents, erm, leaflets

;)

well I'm not mailing it to you all.

postage ain't free!

• Advertisement

Xiney wrote: »
    well I'm not mailing it to you all.

postage ain't free!

Pffft. Such a cheapskate:rolleyes::D One would wonder why you'd be going to Galway in the first place.......

Actually, I got you guys an even better present. It's not from Galway. It's from 2004.

I'd been looking for this photo a couple weeks ago when we were discussing beer mat house building. You see, I built the ultimate beer mat house in Dublin in 2004. A photo of me (extreeeemely drunk to a degree I no longer achieve) with my beer mat house, and then later following some renovation to allow it to support a full pint glass. Note: the hairy although svelte leg in the second photo is not mine.

look1tq5.th.jpg mathouseontopkc6.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I'm a bit late in saying this but when I was driving to Enniskillen the night before last at around 9:30pm the road of Sligo to Manorhamilton was treacherous.Max speed was about 20mph,rubble was falling from the hills onto the road and the floods were the worst I have ever seen on that road.
    Anyways got my midnight shopping done in Asda and I decided to come home via Ballyshannon and Bundoran.The section of road outside Horkans Garden Centre on the Bundoran Road was like a swimming pool and then the road was closed.

Its crazy to see this kind of weather in August isn't it? Maybe it could be expected in November or December.

Apparently there was a landslide in Ballygawley / Sooey / Geeva area last night, not quite sure where.
    Crazy stuff alright.

roads around geevagh, arigna, and glenfargn all been closed at some point in the last 24hrs, more heavy rain predicted tonight as well

:eek:

whole country affected,

Bet you wish you bought that rubber dinghy in Lidl now...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

Bet you wish you bought that rubber dinghy in Lidl now...........

chances are with lidl stuff you'd be safer swimming, i bought a wheel brace from there awhile ago and guess what happaned the first time i got a flat, thats right the thing snapped into a couple bits and it didnt even loosen the nut

for those who dont know what a wheel brace is, and it also looked exactly like this
    wheel_brace.jpg

Hi! Our computer was down again!!! :mad:

Our babysitter can come on Friday!! Woo hoo!!! So, who's up for beers Friday night to say bye to Xiney an YC? Did you mention Furey's Xiney?

I did mention Furey's - Mr Xiney is a big fan of the Hoegaarden they've got on tap there :)

• Advertisement

Ok then, Friday night 22nd August Furey's. We'll be there from 9 - 9.30.

Who else is up for it?

Advertisement