Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Hoping to get to both. I was on ticket master and the jimmy Carr gig is listed but no ticket price details. Wondering if that's the only ticket source and I assume RDH tickets are purchased from the Hawkswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hoping to get to both. I was on ticket master and the jimmy Carr gig is listed but no ticket price details. Wondering if that's the only ticket source and I assume RDH tickets are purchased from the Hawkswell.
    Tickets for Jimmy are €35 each, and on sale from Friday at 9am.

I'd be tempted to go see Jimmy but am at an Arcade Fire gig in Dublin the night before, so might be tight enough.

RDH is just from Hawks Well alright.

• How much of hurricane Ophelia is Sligo going to get? Mayo has red warning. It seems to be gathering force as it crosses the ocean and approaching land. (6:30pm). It's due to hit Kerry at 6am.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

According to this the worst will be from 4pm till midnight.

https://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Connacht/Sligo/hour_by_hour.html

It seems to have gone red here too. We've been getting alerts that schools in North Sligo will be closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

How much of hurricane Ophelia is Sligo going to get? Mayo has red warning. It seems to be gathering force as it crosses the ocean and approaching land. (6:30pm). It's due to hit Kerry at 6am.

All of it. Entire Island upgraded to RED in last couple of hours. Stay safe guys.

• Hi all, any one know where I can safely dispose of a car battery?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Hi all, any one know where I can safely dispose of a car battery?

thanks
    Greenstar on Deepwater Quay will take them, pretty sure Halfords do too, I don't know if there's any charge.

• ectoraige wrote: »
    Greenstar on Deepwater Quay will take them, pretty sure Halfords do too, I don't know if there's any charge.

cheers.. will I fall through a trap door if i ask why analogies are like carrots?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

cheers.. will I fall through a trap door if i ask why analogies are like carrots?

You may. In all the years that I've had that sig, you're the first to ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

Anyone planning to go to Sligo on Ice in Stephen street carpark?

Has anyone had any dealings with Modern Tyres? Anything good/bad to say about them? Are they good quality tyres that they supply and are they competitively priced? Need some new tyres early in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭loki7777

If you want to have some money left in your pocket go north(you will pay around 30-50% less) - you have MT in Enniskillen(you can check prices online) as well.I was dealing with Lakeland Tyres in Enniskillen and can recommend them to you

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

I got firestone tyres from Donegal tyre centre in donegal town for the price of some Chinese brand with MT.I would highly recommend donal and the boys in donegal town,competitive with prices way ahead of any one in Sligo and an easier run than enniskillen and not sending money north side

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

I've always got a competitive enough price from Pearse Road Tyres on Bridgestones on my car, deffo no saving driving out of town or up north to get them done.

I usually go for Hancook tyres. Got last pair from Modern Tyres, and worked out cheaper compared from Sligo Tyres on the Pearse Rd. This was for Ventus Prime 3 (their latest release), in 205/55/16. Had to be ordered in, but was still on my car within a few days of order being placed. Can't say anything bad about them.

We get our car serviced in Hendersons their price was roughly the same as Modern Tyres but I don't know about the quality comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

rizzodun wrote: »
    I've always got a competitive enough price from Pearse Road Tyres on Bridgestones on my car, deffo no saving driving out of town or up north to get them done.
    Agree with this post. Pearse Road Tyres, Cleveragh ind. Park. or Regans in Rathcormack.
    Modern Tyres were the same price, for same tyre, with the two above when I wanted a full set, but did have other "cheaper" tyres available. However, Regans rounded off the price and I dealt there.

I don't think Sligo tyres on Pearse Rd. are connected to Pearse Road tyres who are now situated in Cleveragh. Confusing I know!!

Plus 1 on Mickey Regan. He's always looked after me well.

We get our car serviced in Hendersons their price was roughly the same as Modern Tyres but I don't know about the quality comparison.

Didn't think Modern Tyres did servicing. Have tried a couple different garages for servicing since my car turned 10 years. Used to always go to the Herron Opel in Donegal Town (where bought car), but considering its age, dont really think it cost effective any more, and quite happy for a Indy to do it, and use generic or even breaker parts if anything needs changing. Last went to IMC on Connolly Street, had to pay a little more than the usual service fee, but then did need some extra work, and was very happy with the results. I find if you have at least some idea of what needs doing, and have a little knowledge of what your after, you will get better service and results, that applies to buying tyres as well.

• Advertisement

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Didn't think Modern Tyres did servicing. Have tried a couple different garages for servicing since my car turned 10 years. Used to always go to the Herron Opel in Donegal Town (where bought car), but considering its age, dont really think it cost effective any more, and quite happy for a Indy to do it, and use generic or even breaker parts if anything needs changing. Last went to IMC on Connolly Street, had to pay a little more than the usual service fee, but then did need some extra work, and was very happy with the results. I find if you have at least some idea of what needs doing, and have a little knowledge of what your after, you will get better service and results, that applies to buying tyres as well.

No, we have a Ford and get it serviced in Hendersons. I am only referring to tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭shanec1928

red sean wrote: »
    Agree with this post. Pearse Road Tyres, Cleveragh ind. Park. or Regans in Rathcormack.
    Modern Tyres were the same price, for same tyre, with the two above when I wanted a full set, but did have other "cheaper" tyres available. However, Regans rounded off the price and I dealt there.

I don't think Sligo tyres on Pearse Rd. are connected to Pearse Road tyres who are now situated in Cleveragh. Confusing I know!!
    They don’t. That’s where Pearce rd tires were originally. Have always found them to be the best in town.

• Hi all, and a Happy New Year.

Is Currys Open Today? New Years Day Jan 1 2018?

(Their 1890 number transfers to Dublin ansa service).

Thanks

Has anyone had any dealings with Modern Tyres? Anything good/bad to say about them? Are they good quality tyres that they supply and are they competitively priced? Need some new tyres early in the new year.

Went with a set of Kumho Tyres from Modern Tyres just before the Christmas. These were their "premium tyres'. Good service from the lads in there. Hope the quality of the tyres is as good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Went to a crowd near the docks. Can't think of the name, but they were the cheapest and the service was fierce quick. I was delighted that I was in and out quickly and wasn't robbed blind for the service, even after purchasing a brand new tyre.

Is toyota in Sligo doing wheels alignment?

loki7777 wrote: »
    Is toyota in Sligo doing wheels alignment?

They probably would if they have a service centre, but then so will any of the independent service centres in town, and even possibly some of the tyre centres.

I know who does it in the town but i'm interested in knowing(for some reason) are they doing it or not - will give them call on monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Hi all, I am looking for accommodation in Sligo town from May 14th to 6th July. If anyone knows of anything please let me know

• Advertisement

• Does any one know where I could buy a small amount of glassine paper, foam board and bubble wrap?

Or does anyone know any businesses in town that would prepare a canvas painting for shipping? Thanks

Advertisement