Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Metro?

Options
  • 01-08-2008 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,
    Anyone any reviews of digiweb metro? I've moved into a new apartment lately, and NTL won't do bb there, we don't have a phone line, so would cost too much to get one in, so wireless it our only option.

Went for the digiweb 6mb package - they put an antenna on your roof.

We live in an apartment block - on the top floor of four floors, so hopefully the height will be a good thing. I play games a bit online, but mainly just browse the net - hopefully should be ok for that - no bit torrent or anything so won't have problems with that.

Anyone have the metro service?

BTW: We're in waterford city, so they said there should be a mast close by

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Watty has it and thinks its great. But he might be biased

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

barnicles wrote: »
    Watty has it and thinks its great. But he might be biased

That was completely and utterly uncalled for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Metro is a good service. Ive had it for nearly 3 years now and have no complaints about it. Only thing I dont like is the rolling cap but you get used to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

I have it. but it does not take long to go over you 30g limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Steez

Have the 3mb line, and while it's been grand the last week's been terrible. Pretty much solely down to the ahem, "support" team who appear to have lied to me consistantly.
    For the 3mbs, i'm currently getting a killer 100kbs service!
    Nah sarcasm aside it's grand when it works, but I the customer service seem to have a few issues to work out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

I think there's a 2 storey limit for installing antennas. Friend of mine went to get IBB Breeze in a 3 storey place and was told it wasn't possible. I don't know what Digiweb will say, but be sure to tell them you live in a 4 storey building next time you're on to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Steez wrote: »
    Have the 3mb line, and while it's been grand the last week's been terrible. Pretty much solely down to the ahem, "support" team who appear to have lied to me consistantly.
    For the 3mbs, i'm currently getting a killer 100kbs service!
    Nah sarcasm aside it's grand when it works, but I the customer service seem to have a few issues to work out.

Sounds like you have exceeded rolling cap
    http://mytraffic.digiweb.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭vsat

EXCELLENT BB SERVICE:)

Advertisement