Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you find historical flight details?

Options
  • 01-08-2008 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭

Some background:
    My sister and I were flying to Manchester 2 weeks ago to surprise our mother for her 50th Birthday. Our flight was delayed 10hours which completely ruined the surprise and added a lot of stress to what should have been an enjoyable family event.

We never boarded the flight as we were diverted to Blackpool and had to make our own way to Manchester (arriving 7hours after we intended). It did seem like most passengers checked-in for the Manchester flight were distributed to other flights. So I want to find out if the flight I was due to take 2 weeks ago actually took off or not.

The reason being that if the flight was cancelled, then I may be due €250 compensation under EU Reg 261. If it was delayed, then a certain Irish airline (not Aer Lingus or Aer Arann) apparently owe me nothing - which is what their response to my complaint said.

I've tried www.flightstats.com but it only gives me yesterdays stats for the flight. Any ideas?

Comments

Advertisement