Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cordless phone getting interference off wi-fi(resolved please delete)

Options
  • 01-08-2008 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Well this has been an on going issue and decided id ask about it.We get serious crackling on our land line when we recieve or make a call sometimes its not too bad and other times its terible only we can actually get this and people phoning us ight pick up on abit of it transferring into the mic from the speaker cos its so loud.But we dont get it on our intercom calls between them.We think its the wireless cos my mum said she could here whenever i clicked while playing an online game

Thanks all

Sorry for posting this i decided to have one last check of our phone line box(after an eircom engineer came out twice!!!!to check it)Turns out there was a little split in the cable, i rewired it too a point before the split and it all works,sorry for a pointless post!

Mod please close it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

Do you hear the noise when the wireless router is off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

it used to reduce the noise ever so slightly but i think it was just coinsidence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

Sound like it and sounds like the phones are acting up? Before purchasing new ones, borrow a friends and connect it up, see if the noise persits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Thanks for the help its all resolved
    This really hasnt made me like eircom any more (i dislike them allready :P)
    We were told the whole house needed to be rewired(the electrical side) as that was our problem!
    Turned out to be a split ni the cabel

Im glad i sorted it :D

Advertisement