Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FETAC Qualifications

Options
  • 01-08-2008 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Can anyone tell me how well recognised Fetac qualifications are please. I'm looking at doing a course and a couple of the options are Fetac Level 5 qualifications. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Joe1919

I know FETAC level 5 can be used to get into University or other courses (such as nursing) but you need good results (up to 5 distinctions for universities) and the modules or fetac course may need to be related in many cases.(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hi OP

FETAC is a great qualification to have. It certainly opens up a lot of doors for you. I agree with the other posters in so far as you do need to get distinctions in your grades to successfully take advantage and use your qualification to it's fullest. With a good work ethic it is not hard to achieve that. It is a gateway that's for sure.

Advertisement