Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New cross on Bray Head?

Options
  • 01-08-2008 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭

I was driving over from Bray to Greystones yesterday, and through the low hanging cloud I thought I saw an additional cross up on Bray Head, not on the Head itself, but a bit further south just past the golf club. Anyone else see it, or am I imagining things?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭bennyblanco

I think I know the thing you're on about,I thought it looked like some kind of antennae/microwave transponder thingy:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Ah, now I know what you're talking about. EastCoast FM transmitter. They've probably added another Mobile Network transmitter on the pylon creating a cross shape??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Hmmm ... doesn't look much like a transmitter to me I have to say. I'll have to go up there this weekend and explore a bit. I thought the EastCoast FM transmitter was a bit lower down somewhere around the top of Windgates Hill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭boggerboy

Sorry for coming in late on this one guys, i know there was some filming taking place on bray head so could have been some props or equipment??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

boggerboy wrote: »
    Sorry for coming in late on this one guys, i know there was some filming taking place on bray head so could have been some props or equipment??
    I've not had a chance to get up there and look, but there was a piece in the Wicklow Times the other day about some filming for the 3rd series of The Tudors going on up on Bray Head, and there was a picture of what looked like a beacon or something up there. maybe it was that, or the framework for it or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭boggerboy

Alun wrote: »
    I've not had a chance to get up there and look, but there was a piece in the Wicklow Times the other day about some filming for the 3rd series of The Tudors going on up on Bray Head, and there was a picture of what looked like a beacon or something up there. maybe it was that, or the framework for it or something like that.

Yep, that was it, the Tudors was responsible for it!

Advertisement