Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen In Ireland

Options
  • 01-08-2008 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi
    We are working on a book about Bruce Springsteen's concerts in Ireland down the years. The book will include stories from fans, as well as much else.
    We launched an appeal for stories in the Irish media and on fan sites in June and have had a great response.
    We just wanted to add a message here as we saw previous Springsteen tours have been discussed on the board.
    You can contact us at springsteeninireland@googlemail.com if you'd like more information or would like to be a part of it.
    We've copied some text from the 'Point Blank' Springsteen site below.
    Moira & Greg

http://www.pointblankmag.com/news/2008/06/from-e-street-to-ireland.html

Bruce Springsteen’s Irish concerts have been highlights of recent tours – with Bruce regularly paying tribute to the dedication of Irish fans. Now a new book will track Bruce's connections, gigs and haunts in Ireland over two decades.

And the authors of 'Springsteen in Ireland' are appealing to fans for their help. “Bruce has talked many times about what a great welcome he gets here in Ireland” says one of the book’s authors, Greg Lewis. “And every time he tours the tickets sell out in record time. We're going to trace every connection between the E Street and Ireland, and Bruce's fans will be a major part of that. We’re looking for fans' stories, memories and pictures. We launched the appeal for stories on fan sites last week and the response has been phenomenal – from fans around Ireland and from across Europe and America”.

Springsteen first played in Ireland at Slane Castle in 1985 and has returned for sell-out shows in Belfast and Dublin. In September 2007, tickets for his show that December at the Odyssey Arena sold out in a record-breaking eight minutes, and he recently returned to play to 110,000 fans at three sell-out concerts at the RDS in Dublin.

Fans can contribute stories and pictures to the book by contacting Greg and co-author Moira Sharkey at: springsteeninireland@googlemail.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Moved to the Media Interaction forum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

sent a pm. No discussion as per the pm

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

sent a pm. No discussion as per the pm

???

Just got a PM from you... eh, are you PM'ing everyone who posted in the Springsteen thread?
    Hope you don't mind us getting in touch. We were reading the Bruce Springsteen thread and saw your post.

We're working on a new project for Irish fans and fans who have seen Bruce in Ireland. It's going to be turned into a book.

We've already had loads of support from Point Blank, members of the Greasy Lake community and the Irish media. See Point Blank news, June 11: http://www.pointblankmag.com/news/

If you'd like to take part please let us know at:: springsteeninireland@googlemail.com

The book will track all the connections between E Street and Ireland, and will also include as many fans stories as possible: meetings with Bruce; stories about hanging around the Merrion; experiences of getting to/enjoying concerts and thoughts on why Bruce is just so big in Ireland.

Please help if you can.

Thanks in advance!
    Greg & Moira

PS Apologies if you've already contacted us or if you are a friend off other Springsteen message-boards. We've had a big response and are almost losing track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 springsteen-ie

Hiya
    Trying to contact everyone we can. The moderator PM was to me about something else, unrelated to the appeal for stories.
    Greg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

springsteen-ie, please stick to the thread here and do not send unwanted PMs to other users, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 springsteen-ie

I'm sorry but I'm confused. We have been working with so many message-boards and this is the first time we have had any problems.
    The first message we had (above) was simply from the moderator asking us not to mention a company apparently related to some Springsteen gigs. It's a company I have never heard of and of course we wouldn't have mentioned if we had, following the moderators request.

Springsteen fans have been fantastic so far with this project. We have contacted people to see if they want to be involved. We've already had a friendly - why not? - response from this board.
    I'm shocked that this message is being treated like this, and would only ask people we have contacted that if they are upset by being contacted please delete the message and do not reply.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I'm sorry but I'm confused. We have been working with so many message-boards and this is the first time we have had any problems.
    The first message we had (above) was simply from the moderator asking us not to mention a company apparently related to some Springsteen gigs. It's a company I have never heard of and of course we wouldn't have mentioned if we had, following the moderators request.

Springsteen fans have been fantastic so far with this project. We have contacted people to see if they want to be involved. We've already had a friendly - why not? - response from this board.
    I'm shocked that this message is being treated like this, and would only ask people we have contacted that if they are upset by being contacted please delete the message and do not reply.

Welcome to Boards.ie :) Please be aware this forum is used for media outlets wanting to contact Boards.ie users with any questions/research. Your perfectly allowed post away here, within the Board/Forum rules. One of these is that you do not send unsolicited private messages (PMs) to other users. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭mark182

PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME SHOPS IN DUBLIN WHERE I CAN BUY THIS!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

mark182 wrote: »
    PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME SHOPS IN DUBLIN WHERE I CAN BUY THIS!
    There's an email address in the first post. Give them a shout and ask them about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Common Sense

I saw it in Easons O'Connell St over the weekend

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement