Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you find historical flight details?

Options
  • 01-08-2008 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭

It was suggested that I post this in another forum from Consumer Issues. So here goes:
    Some background:
    My sister and I were flying to Manchester 2 weeks ago to surprise our mother for her 50th Birthday. Our flight was delayed 10hours which completely ruined the surprise and added a lot of stress to what should have been an enjoyable family event.

We never boarded the flight as we were diverted to Blackpool and had to make our own way to Manchester (arriving 7hours after we intended). It did seem like most passengers checked-in for the Manchester flight were distributed to other flights. So I want to find out if the flight I was due to take 2 weeks ago actually took off or not.

The reason being that if the flight was cancelled, then I may be due €250 compensation under EU Reg 261. If it was delayed, then a certain Irish airline (not Aer Lingus or Aer Arann) apparently owe me nothing - which is what their response to my complaint said.

I've tried www.flightstats.com but it only gives me yesterdays stats for the flight. Any ideas?
    Because I was re-routed it appears that I may only be entitled to the cost of travelling between Blackpool and Manchester. But it's still worth chasing since they've given me nothing so far. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭mwrf

http://www.flightstats.com will
    have this information.
    Click flights > historical flight Report

You'll need to be registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Thanks for that, I was trying a different menu.

According to them, the flight actually left at 10.01pm. Still means I can chase up the train fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

or www.acarsd.org

although its technical

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Terpsichore

-Firstly. Get in contact with the Customer Relation department of the airline you were flying with. Ask for the facts, apologies, and compensation! If you don't ask, you will never get. They will provide you with a letter that explains exactly what happened that day to your flight. Maybe you will get only apologies, but maybe you can get more, depending on the details of what happened.
    Airlines would also usually compensate on the spot with travel vouchers. If you didn't receive anything, it might be a sign that you won't now.

-You might get compensation from the airline directly. BUT in the eye of the airline, your airline ticket is a contract to bring you from A to B. If you got to B on their service, then the contract has been fulfilled and they don't owe you anything, appart from apologies. They will see the rerouting as them fulfilling their duty in getting you to your destination in case of unforseen circumstances.

-Secondly. Travel Insurance. If you have travel insurance (purchased separatly or check your credit card if travel insurance included with it if used for payment) then you might get some money back for the delay. Although I think that most delays must be over 24 hours to be taken into consideration for compensation... They will ask you for the above mentioned airline's letter for investigation and compensation.

Good luck!

Advertisement