Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should this guy should be named and shamed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

To fcuking right he should cnut.Everything i hate and dsespise in guys like him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

He should have had his ass kicked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

who loves orange soda? Not this guy.

*may not be orange soda...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Lol, well timed photo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

well i think he now has been shamed, seen as that the pic is published.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

maybe punching her in the face was a bit extreme... He should have just grabbed her and spat on her face a few times, that's what i would have done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Anyone who throws orange over me is gerrin a dig in the head. End

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Maybe she was after his attention and got it ,the wrong kind that is .

He is still a Twat .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,159 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

In fairness to the lad he did get her a good one

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Must be how I was brought up but I've never seen the reasoning behind the "never hitting girls" when it would be ok to hit a guy for the same action.

Stupid girl pours guy in sticky lemonade.

Stupid guy punches girl.

How is this even news?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Named & shamed?
    No

Arrested for assualt?
    Yes

The girl? Stupid idiot for doing that tbh... think she'll learn that some people can react violently if you do something to them they disapprove of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Silly woman, running around not looking where shes going and ends up running into his fist.

His expression shows he put some weight behind that cracker.

Still, he'll get his head kicked in by someone who'll recongise him.

Anywho, I wouldn't have punched her. I would've grabbed her, said "So you like throwing liquid around, eh?", flung her to the ground, whipped out me sausage, and pissed down her gob....................finish off then by blinding her with some man mucus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

She was stupid for bring a liquid other than water into it, but Christ your man is a tosser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

Controversial opinion?

Some women take the pïss when it comes to hitting guys and assume that "because they're a girl" they won't get hit back. I'm not saying that was the case here, btw, just saying that it happens. I don't think men should hit women but I don't think women should go around doing whatever they like just because they think, as a woman, they'll get away with it.

One night in a nightclub these people came over and were talking to me and my bf. later on, after we'd left the club, bf told me that one of the women had put her hand on his crotch :eek: He didn't tell me until we'd left because he knew what I'd do to her and he didn't want us barred from the club!

I don't think women should get away with sexüal assault any more than men.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

A quick punt would have been sufficient.

whiskeyman wrote: »

The girl? Stupid idiot for doing that tbh... think she'll learn that some people can react violently if you do something to them they disapprove of.

They were at a waterfight :confused::confused:
    he was hardly there to protest against it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Joseph Kuhr

Just take one look at the mongo and you can see he's not right in the head.....stupid girl.

As for not being allowed to hit girls, its ridiculous. I wouldn't hit a girl for squirting me with a fizzy drink, (I'd probably call her fat and ugly or something) but lets say a girl is punching and kicking you and won't stop, are you supposed to just take it? I wouldn't, she'd get a swift foot in the gee from me. Or lets say some skanger pulls a knife on you? Am I supposed to stop and think about the consequences of punching her in the snot? If someone deserves a box, then they deserve a box no matter what sex.

Now this girl I don't think deserved a box if all she did was squrit the guy with a fizzy drink at a water fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,159 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

MOD EDIT:

that's a teensy bit rude, don't you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

A light slap would have been sufficient to be honest, just to show her you could have done something more if you wanted. Throwing lemonade on someone doesn't not justify how he reacted.

People like him are just waiting for a reason to punch someone. I'd say he went there with a fight in mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

hussey wrote: »
    They were at a waterfight :confused::confused:
    he was hardly there to protest against it

doesnt mention anything about him being involved. think an eye witness referred to him as a by stander in the park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Women who think they can get away with hitting men are just as bad as men who think they can get away with hitting women.

This guy is an idiot for hitting a woman. This woman is an idiot for thinking she can throw lemonade on the guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Looks like a complete scumbag tbh.
    Must be how I was brought up but I've never seen the reasoning behind the "never hitting girls" when it would be ok to hit a guy for the same action.
    The concept of a "fair fight" never mean anything to you? In general, men are stronger then women. Massively so.
    You could say the same about a weightlifter and a 9-stone beanpole and you'd be right to a point. Psychologically, there's a "a man can take it, a woman can't" thing behind it, but I would look down on a huge man decking a tiny man, when simply restraining him would have done.

Once a women gets insanely violent though (scratching, kicking, etc) or picks up a weapon, then all bets are off. Lay her out flat if it'll stop her.

I wouldn't class Tango as a weapon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The guy doesn't look like he's part of the water fight. Looks like she just threw lemonade on his white t shirt.

Tango...It takes weeks to get that stuff out of your hair !

Take a look at this shot :

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/07/31/article-0-0220295E00000578-150_468x891.jpg

Now doesn't it look like that the guy's left hand is pulling down on her hair which explains why her head is back like that rather than it being all due to a punch?

copeyhagen wrote: »
    doesnt mention anything about him being involved. think an eye witness referred to him as a by stander in the park
    The girl was knocked to the floor by a fellow reveller after he was squirted with a bottle of drink during the play fight,

Nope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Le_Sabotage

Back in my day a head butt would have been suffice. Kids these days with their fists and knives. What is the world coming to :(

Ponster wrote: »

Stupid girl pours guy in sticky lemonade.

Stupid guy punches girl.

How is this even news?

i agree! In fairness tough, punching her in the face was a bit of an over-reaction.

It always pissed me off growing up, that in films when the woman would hit the man,and you'd hear the loud smack! and you know it hurt, and then he just stands there and takes it.

If some girl had the cheek to hit me and expect to get away with it she's got another thing coming! whatever happened to equality?

luckily none of the girls i hang around with would ever consider hitting a guy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

MOD EDIT:

that's a teensy bit rude, don't you think?

Oh jesus!
    It's feckin him!!!!!!
    /runs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Any adult who goes to a waterfight oraganised through facebook, deserves to be slapped.Man or Woman.Fact:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Joseph Kuhr

Tango...It takes weeks to get that stuff out of your hair !

Take a look at this shot :

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/07/31/article-0-0220295E00000578-150_468x891.jpg

Now doesn't it look like that the guy's left hand is pulling down on her hair which explains why her head is back like that rather than it being all due to a punch?

Yes and he's also leaning backwards. Looks to me like he's tripping her to the ground...I think the paper is exagerating the incident.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I like my slow mo violent shots to be directed artistically and contain at least some blood and teeth.

It does look like that, but that doesn't mean he didn't punch her? (as witnesses have said he did punch her)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

vinylmesh wrote: »
    It always pissed me off in films when the woman would hit the man,and you'd hear the loud smack! and you know it hurt, and then he just stands there and takes it.

If some girl had the cheek to hit me and expect to get away with it she's got another thing coming! whatever happened to equality?
    Again, it's the "fair fight" thing. If a girl smacked you across the face with a piece of trout, would you retaliate by hitting her with an iron bar? In normal circumstances, that's close to the equivalent - mainly because men are that much stronger, but probably aided by the fact that men tend to have a better idea about how to throw a punch.

Generalising of course before you weenies start moaning.

Of course, any woman who smacks a man expecting no retaliation is equally dumb, but it doesn't warrant a full-on punch in the head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

hussey wrote: »
    Nope
    Look at the pictures, he's bone dry. He was probably standing around but not involved.

• Advertisement

Oh I'm sure that he punched her but speaking from experience you can do silly things due to brain meltdown that, had you taken .05 milliseconds to think it over, you would never have normally done.

The guy got his nice white t-shirt stained by some sort of red liquid in a water fight and lashed out. He's an ass, she should have know better and the Evening Standard has nothing better to report.

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Look at the pictures, he's bone dry. He was probably standing around but not involved.

Stand around at a water fight and expect to be dry ?? Come on
    It's a water fight ... maybe he just forgot the water part

seamus wrote: »
    Again, it's the "fair fight" thing. If a girl smacked you across the face with a piece of trout, would you retaliate by hitting her with an iron bar? In normal circumstances, that's close to the equivalent - mainly because men are that much stronger, but probably aided by the fact that men tend to have a better idea about how to throw a punch.

Generalising of course before you weenies start moaning.

Of course, any woman who smacks a man expecting no retaliation is equally dumb, but it doesn't warrant a full-on punch in the head.

The probalem is that people label all women as one. There's the 5'2 skinny girls who couldn't hurt a fly and there's the 5'9 skanger-whores who probably weigh more than i do.(i'm 5'11 and quite slim)

Yes, i'd win a fight against one but i wouldn't be able to instantly beat the sh!t out of one like i would with a 5'2 skinny girl.

Unfortunately the girls who hit guys are almost always the 5'9 skanger-whores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

Yes and he's also leaning backwards. Looks to me like he's tripping her to the ground...I think the paper is exagerating the incident.

and his front foot is off the ground, probably grabbed her by the hair and swept the legs from under her.

now he "may" have punched her on the way down but that's just good practice in taht situation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Get that man a can of coke!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

ah jasus lads it was only a bit of lemonade or something.....hardly merits that response now did it!!!

Ah, it's not like ol' days, eh?

http://dublinopinion.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/slap.jpg

Nowadays it's all about MTV-style punches!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

If a little knack threw some coke at me, he'd feel the back of my f*cking hand definitely. I probably wouldn't punch him full force in the head though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Punch her in the face.

:D

I hate violence, be it man on man, man on woman etc. I detest it. But I'd stick stick lumps out of a prick like that.

Mairt wrote: »

Now that's just tasteless :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭boardinwork

Should never throw lemonade at a man :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

It didn't warrant a full force pucnh to the face thats for sure. Look at his arms for one, they seem bigger than your average guy too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

FFS people its only a bit of liquid at a feckin WATER FIGHT of all things. Only justification I can think of for ever hitting a woman like that would be if your life was in danger.

I mean he flipping chased her and then gave a full force uppercut to the face. He should have his balls cut off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

if he wasnt part of the water fight i have no problem with this.
    if wimmins want to provoke a guy into a response like this they deserve what they get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭adsgirl

He should be tied to a post, and have liquid **** squirted at him:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement