Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should this guy should be named and shamed?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Men are punching women every day of the week ,and some wimmin punch men to .

That dont make it right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

--edit

don't be bold assface, you're a couple of tokes over the line there.

Princess Innocent Knickers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

It might have been highly annoying of her, but to floor her with a punch? Seriously, how can that be a fair response?
    And ditto if the genders were reversed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

hussey wrote: »
    Stand around at a water fight and expect to be dry ?? Come on
    It's a water fight ... maybe he just forgot the water part
    Being a bit presumptuous, he was in a public park. Just cause one group decides to have a water fight every one there shouldn't get wet.

Also a big difference between water and red lemonade.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Anyone hitting anyone is a no-no. It's never a good sign if striking another person is the only response someone comes up with.
    I do like how even in the midst of it she didn't lose her grip on the bottle - priorities.:)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It looks like blackcurrant squash in a still water bottle. The only thing harder to get out of a t-shirt than blackcurrant juice, if Arial ads have taught me anything, is blood.
    Let the Daz challenge begin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Guys, she deserved it.

It was a WATER FIGHT, not a LEMONADE & water fight..

She looks like a steroid user too, so she a double cheat - BITCH :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

He's a Fuckin prick! That was totally uncalled for, and he should not have done it. Look at the size of him
    whiskeyman wrote: »
    Named & shamed?

The girl? Stupid idiot for doing that tbh... think she'll learn that some people can react violently if you do something to them they disapprove of.

The quy was at a water fight ffs. what did he expect?
    Ciaran500 wrote: »
    The guy doesn't look like he's part of the water fight. Looks like she just threw lemonade on his white t shirt.
    Look at the pictures, he's bone dry. He was probably standing around but not involved.

Eh, no. Look again. His jeans are soaked so definitely part of the waterfight.

Deserves to have his ass kicked by an angry mob imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Neesa wrote: »
    Controversial opinion?

Some women take the pïss when it comes to hitting guys and assume that "because they're a girl" they won't get hit back. I'm not saying that was the case here, btw, just saying that it happens. I don't think men should hit women but I don't think women should go around doing whatever they like just because they think, as a woman, they'll get away with it.

One night in a nightclub these people came over and were talking to me and my bf. later on, after we'd left the club, bf told me that one of the women had put her hand on his crotch :eek: He didn't tell me until we'd left because he knew what I'd do to her and he didn't want us barred from the club!

I don't think women should get away with sexüal assault any more than men.

He didn't tell you because he was enjoying it too much!

Only joking btw, if it happened me I would have told her to get her hand off my crotch and walked away with my girl. But he probably did the right thing under the circumstances, and the likelihood you're a crazy bitch* who would've kicked her ass.

*you're probably not, but if I didn't say it it would've ruined the flow of my post :D

Edit: I totally agree with what you're saying, one day a girl will do it to the wrong guy, and it will make news again, queue 'vicious circle'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Being a bit presumptuous, he was in a public park. Just cause one group decides to have a water fight every one there shouldn't get wet.

Also a big difference between water and red lemonade.

His mates all have water pistols .... did you even actually read or look at the pictures or are you just a troll??

You hardly go to a massive water fight (organised via facebook) and wear your best clothes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

"Red Lemonade on a white T, this ill nevva come out, my mum ill kill."

"Giggle giggel giggle i'm so funny"

"grrrr Why i aughtta............ Thwack."

Perfectly understandable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Look at the size of those earrings :o:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,443 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Judging by the pictures i can tell what they're thinking:

Woman: Hahahahaha Take This

Man: WTF! *runs after women*

Woman: Hahahaha ghuh *drops to the ground*

Man: Take that b**ch

Black Man in backround: Holy s**t!

Anyway i hope the man gets his head kicked in, it was only lemonade and it's hardly and excuse to hit someone. The women proberly just made a mistake and thought he was in thw waterfight, either that or the man just flipped out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

What kind of sad tossers go to a water fight organized on facebook. That fact alone makes me feel less sympathy for the woman.

Secondly, she's not using water, she's using lemonade, which would piss me off.

Thirdly, the guy is an ass for reacting life that...

Fourthy, why didn't anyone knock the living ****e out of him?? If i saw a guy smacking a girl around in front of me he'd be down on the ground in seconds with me stamping on his testicles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

What kind of sad tossers go to a water fight organized on facebook. That fact alone makes me feel less sympathy for the woman.

Why is that so sad? Water fights are fun. If a friend on Facebook was organising one or going to one near where I lived I'd probably go along to it.

Anyway I don't have sympathy for either of them. He's a thug, she's an idiot.
    Name and shame them both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

reminds me of Intermission when colin farrel decked the cashier girl at the start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

Why 2 or 3 people didn't kick him about the place I don't know. He punched a girl because she poured lemonade on him? Talk about a wannabe hard man. He needs seven colours knocked out of him. Even if I was going to a job interview in my favourite suit and some ugly bint poured treacle on me, I still wouldn't hit her. And the vast majority of guys, whilst entertaining the thought, wouldn't hit her either. Such a total f@cking tw@t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

His mates all have water pistols .... did you even actually read or look at the pictures or are you just a troll??
    Theres no indication what so ever that any one there with a water pistol are his mates.
    You hardly go to a massive water fight (organised via facebook) and wear your best clothes
    What I'm saying is he wasn't there for the water fight. Hyde Park is like St Stephens Green, if you organised a water fight in there there would be a alot of people there not for the water fight.
    Big_Mac wrote: »
    Eh, no. Look again. His jeans are soaked so definitely part of the waterfight.
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/07/31/article-0-0220295E00000578-150_468x891.jpg

No they're not, theres just a splash on the front, probably from the lemonade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I LOVE her hoopy earrings. They are nearly as big as her face :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

seamus wrote: »
    Once a women gets insanely violent though (scratching, kicking, etc) or picks up a weapon, then all bets are off. Lay her out flat if it'll stop her.
    Yeah, I find myself in agreement here. If you've ever been violently attacked by a woman, especially a small one, the best option is to finish it quick because she likely has no concept of when to stop. Its a head wrecking experience though, especially if you've been raised all your life to believe the opposite.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I'm surprised they haven't been identified yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The Mighty Ken

I'll bet she never drinks another glass of lemonade ever again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Ponster wrote: »
    Tango...It takes weeks to get that stuff out of your hair !

Take a look at this shot :

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/07/31/article-0-0220295E00000578-150_468x891.jpg

Well, my detective work says that's not a lemonade bottle, it's Still Greenmoor Spring Water, 2 Litres, "specially bottled for Lidl UK GmbH. In fact, I have a bottle right beside me, bought when I was in the UK at 17p a bottle if I remember correctly. Now who would bother to fill a 2 litre empty bottle of water with 2 litres of lemonade which in all likelyhood, came from its own 2 litre bottle? Me thinks there's something else in that bottle... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Secondly, she's not using water, she's using lemonade, which would piss me off.

Thirdly, the guy is an ass for reacting life that...

Fourthy, why didn't anyone knock the living ****e out of him?? If i saw a guy smacking a girl around in front of me he'd be down on the ground in seconds with me stamping on his testicles.

Possibly the people who organised it and sent out the invites. Would you say the same if it was organised via a phone call, or text message?

I don't see the point of this statment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

She deserved a spanking.

If anyone wants to laugh instead go to lolocaust:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Big_Mac wrote: »
    Possibly the people who organised it and sent out the invites. Would you say the same if it was organised via a phone call, or text message?

I don't see the point of this statment
    Actually, i'd say they were even bigger tossers if they had organized it by phone.

You don't 'organize' water fights, they just happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

il gatto wrote: »
    Why 2 or 3 people didn't kick him about the place I don't know. He punched a girl because she poured lemonade on him? Talk about a wannabe hard man. He needs seven colours knocked out of him. Even if I was going to a job interview in my favourite suit and some ugly bint poured treacle on me, I still wouldn't hit her. And the vast majority of guys, whilst entertaining the thought, wouldn't hit her either. Such a total f@cking [EMAIL="tw@t."]tw@t.[/EMAIL]

If some girl had the cheek to do something like that, i'd have no problem twisting her arm and spitting in her hair.

If there was no-one around i think a lengthy piss on the face would be appropriate.

Whatever happened to equality???

Anyway back to the main story. If random bystanders started decking him, then i'd stand in their way and tell him to run!

A punch in the face was over the top, but physical retaliation was definately required.

She was a total bitch! He got angry and went over board, i sympathise with him way more than her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

lol.. that chick got tooled nicely.

To be fair it does look like a action "chuck norris" hollywood style punch.

Im aroused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I know that guy! His name is Pat Brennan and he does be up in Lusk a lot. Brenno ye mad dog ye! Strong-armed that ho!
    Above may not be true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

He's a scumbag, she an idiot

Kind of disturbing though that so many posters think that the appropriate response to someone being violent is to kick the crap out of them. Can't help but wonder if the story had been about the girl hitting a guy would anyone be advocating hitting her? Or is it that he's a guy so he can take it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

"Nine people were later arrested after gangs of youths ran amok, threatening the public, flashing knives and causing riding school children as young as five to be thrown from their horses.
    The terrifying scenes came two weeks after teenager Frederick Moody-Boateng was murdered having attended a similar water pistol fight in Holland Park."

Sounds to me like a herd of complete scumbags.

Advertisement