Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brank Draft - Traceability after 18mths?

Options
  • 01-08-2008 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Would a bank be able to get the details of this/copy of they draft after such a period?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Don't see why not. Give the issuing bank a call, if it's really important they should be able to trace it for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Cyclonium

Thats what i was thinking, I had the draft made out in a branch which was not my account branch. Which one would be the one ot contact?

EDIT: I also think I payed in cash f that makes a difference

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Do you know the draft number? If so, contact the branch in which you bought the draft. I'd also look back on your account. Most banks can't sell drafts for cash, as they have to be traceable, so they may have put the funds through your account. If this is the case, contact your branch, and they can trace it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

Bank draft details are kept for yonks. I worked for B of I and we filed them away on a daily basis. When the draft comes through the clearing systerm it's stapled to the draft requisition form which is the form you filled in with payees name etc on it. At least that's how they used to do it. All you really need to give the bank is the approximate date you bought the draft and amount and payee. Shouldn't take too long.

Advertisement