Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cargiant.co.uk experience

Options
  • 01-08-2008 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

Anyone here care to answer some questions on direct experience with cargiant.co.uk specifically ?

I've read the import from UK guide, but I don't get how I can go to the UK to visit these guys and buy a car on the day without knowing in advance how much I'll be paying -
    • Can you get a draft for a variable amount, blank draft etc ? What's the best way to pay ?
    • Did you get a discount for certain payment methods ?
    • What was your general experience with these guys ?
    • What was the quality of the motors on show ?
    • What's the best airport to fly into, and how did you get from the airport to their location ?
    • Did you book ferry tickets for the return leg in advance, or when you turned up ? Where did you sail from ? I'll be heading to Dublin.

Appreciate any insight, as I'm looking into doing this myself in the next few months.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

My brother lives in UK and bought his car from them. Basically, the price on the wondow is the price you pay. They don't do haggling. I'd still try though. TBH, I'd bring a draft for £1000 off the listed price and the final 1000 in cash.
    From what other people have told me, getting even 100 quid off from cargiant can be difficult

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

* Can you get a draft for a variable amount, blank draft etc ? What's the best way to pay ?
    Bank Draft for X amount, if the car is more than this, there's an ATM around the corner, if it's less, they will give you change.

* Did you get a discount for certain payment methods ?
    No. The price you see is the price you pay.

* What was your general experience with these guys ?
    Very good & professional

* What was the quality of the motors on show ?
    Excellent

* What's the best airport to fly into, and how did you get from the airport to their location ?
    Any of them. Train & Tube, it's not too far from the Tube - map on their site.

* Did you book ferry tickets for the return leg in advance, or when you turned up ? Where did you sail from ? I'll be heading to Dublin.
    Did it there, there is free internet in the restaurant. Sailed Fishguard to Holyhead, but I was going to Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

very helpful thank you. any other thoughts and comments welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

m_stan wrote: »
    very helpful thank you. any other thoughts and comments welcome.

Do a search, cargiant has come up once or twice here before

Advertisement