Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What sniper should i buy???

Options
  • 01-08-2008 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭

Im sure there's loads of these threads but i thought id start my own with my own needs envolved.

I WANT A SNIPER!!! im told theres two main types, silent spring or gas, or semi auto AEGs with tight barrels. i think i would prefer a spring but my mind could be changed. my price range is up to €200, €250 max, cheap is good but im willing to pay for quality. MUST BE AN IRISH WEBSITE!!!

What sniper should i buy???

:cool:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

well tight bore barrels can be used on nearly all airsoft devices not just aeg so we will leave that.

main types

gas - i would ignore this as gas is rather unreliable in ireland

spring - bolt action sniper rifles are popular there reliable and can be very quiet as we are all limited to the 1j limit field craft and stealth in my books are more important to a sniper in Ireland.

TM vsr, bar 10 and ssg are all in your price range you should have a look at cork airsoft shop, eirsoft mia airsofteire to be honest most retailors do them just need to find one with items in stock.

I would go with the vsr, should already be at the 1j limit if you get it from an Irish retailer and lots of internal and external upgrades that you can get for it.

AEG - any long barrel aeg could be used for sniping ( and short in reality for example the p90 is rated as a nice 1j sniper (or DMR would be better word for it ) hop up quality can play a greater roll in range than barrel length ) m14 Aug m16 and more can be used, allows for fast follow up shots, and you can always flip to auto if you need

with the 1j limit in Ireland its going to come more down to personal preference than anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭MonkeyGuy

there seems to be alot of sniper rifles, but not alot have the advantage of easily available mags. which i would like. i think id like to go spring, ill have my UMP as a (side)arm anyway!!! does that narrow it down to anything???

Tm vsr, JG bar 10 ( a lot fo Irish retailers stock these know ) and SSG (from mia airsoft)

there kinda you options for your price range, at a pinch the vsr/bar 10 mags are more readily available

Edit: sorry forgot, another two options for you Well L96 and Well AWM APS 2

the vsr is a bit out of my price range, especially since id have to buy a scope separately, i really like the BAR but i cant find spare mags, and the SSG looks great but some of the reviews dont seem too convincing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

The BAR10 takes VSR mags

• Advertisement

the bar 10 is a clone of the tm vsr

nice one, i think the BAR is a good choice then. So what about BBs???:D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

UMP, as a sidearm...yeah. Its gonna be very heavy and bulky. I'd avise a smaller machinepistol or pistol.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

ran my bar 10 through a full day at hrta today, and have to say i cannot recommend it enough.

It takes some time to learn about windage etc, but i was racking up a serious amount of kills. And a few people had a go and said it is highly accurate, which it is.

I had a handle of the SSG and compared to bar10, it feels horrible. Heavy, plasticy, not a touch on the bar 10 ( which comes with a really top of the range scope with zoom and red illumination)

For 170 its a steal, and it would outdo or match any high end sniper rifle.

Also because its a vsr copy, any part witll work with it, including mags

As for bb's i was using .25's today with great sucess, didnt put .2's in which i should have to compare.

Windage does effect it though at long range

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭(F.L.) Anders

I have to agree with DOC, I had a go of his today and was greatly impressed, I've tried the ssg and its not really a patch on the bar in terms of finish or performance and the vsr is more costly for pretty much the same gun but with a lower fps as stock. Perhaps come along to a site and try out a few for yourself.

• Advertisement

Hey doc, could you please try the .2 gram BBs and compare, i really want to know which works best!!! yeah, im that cheap, and does anyone know are the .28 dark green BBs from MIA are any good???

Does the scope that comes with the BAR 10 hav mil dots on it???:confused:

or are they called milibars??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

When sniping your main thing is your accuracy so your gonna want to use .25-.3 bbs and I found those green ones to be the most in accurate pieces of ****e I've ever used go with the better brands like excel, ksc and mabye even g&g(not sure about them tbh but they seem good)

Think of it this way your not fielding an automatic your fielding a bolt action so a bag of 5000 bbs should last you atleast 2 months

im looking at KSC .25s or .3s on airsoft eire. Would .3s be too heavy for the BAR 10???

ive just noticed G&G .25 bio BBs on eirsoft, anyone use them???

If you shooting around 320 it should be fine

cool, and what about those Bio BBs, Ive heard Bios are inaccurate but there G&G so i dont know what to think!!!

I just plane old hate bios so I'm probably the wrong person to ask

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

They seem grand in my aeg's, but they may or may not be sniper quality.

Id hazard a guess and say they are tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

bio BBs being inaccurate?
    cant say ive ever experienced that, i used the G&G bios and the boival ones recently, both in a bar10, 416 and G&G M4 all with no issues,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Hey, I'm new to this whole thing but definitely would like to get involved. What kind of range is on this sniper for 170 euro.. The 1j must limit it an awful lot, are snipers practical regardless of this?

Also some info on the cork airsoft shop?

• Advertisement

There have been a lot of sniping/airsoft threads on the forums, but it comes down to a few things.

Sniping in airsoft is not like the movies, the 1j limit puts everyone on a level playing field, so you have to play to the strength of a 'sniper rifle' in airsoft for me that is consistency of shots and sound (you can make a bolt action almost silent) you also need to have good field craft, but airsoft sniping requires hard work and patience to work but can ve a powerful tool when used correctly.

In reality i would always advice someone to go for a aeg first if you want to snipe then fine get yourself something like a m14 m16 etc etc you can use that foe sniping but you can also play other roles if you want your not limiting yourself in any way.

If you want to try anything out, e.g bolt actions aegs come down to cork site on sunday ( depending on where you are we can more than likely sort a lift out if needed ) and you can try some stuff out.

I'm a bit one sided with cork shop as i know the people running it, but they offer good friendly service, good after sale service, the people that run it are all airsofters with a passion for the sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

I've deleted all of the off-topic posts, back on-topic please gentlemen and in future if you have a problem with a post, use the report post button or PM one of the moderators.

Advertisement