Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is the N4 by Lucan still a mess?

Options
  • 01-08-2008 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭

I haven't been out Lucan way in a while but last month I was driving to Galway and got delayed by 30 minutes on the N4 at Lucan at 8pm on a Friday night due to terrible setup of traffic lights at the roadworks there.

Is it still a mess out there and is it likely to be blocked up around 6.30pm this evening? Would I be better off taking an alternative route on my drive to Galway this evening? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,910 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Short answer: Yes, its much the same with the weird half-roundabout and two temporary lights.

Long answer: Most people are finding its not actually any slower than the old lights were at the moment. Alternative routes are rare enough, bar going down the N7 and cutting back across at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Thanks, I'll be setting out from Crumlin so was half-thinking of just going straight down the N7 alright and then turning off towards Newcastle and up through Celbridge onto the N4 from there. I doubt that would lose me much time and may save me some if there is a delay in Lucan.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,910 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Roadworks on the Newcastle->Celbridge road at the train station, diversion down a backroad to another bridge and back.

Advertisement