Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Mods appointed...

Options
  • 01-08-2008 4:41pm

FuzzyLogic, Piste & PurpleFistMixer have been added to mod the LC forum, with TimAy still knocking aboot. Have fun guys!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Well done guys and gals! Will do a great job im sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Thanks, flattery will get you everywhere!
    (as will paypal donations to the LC mods weekend party fund)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Congratulations girls (and guy) I look forward to your reign of terror benevolent regime.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

FuzzyLogic wrote: »
    Thanks, flattery will get you everywhere!
    (as will paypal donations to the LC mods weekend party fund)
    Well done mate, and it only took 10 years and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Let the reign of terror commence.

You'll notice that each mod has his/her own little quirks and things that they'll ban for.

For example I'll be doling out the banhammer to anyone who gets less than 500 points on results day. Good luck!

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

And it's all thanks to me! Well, not really. I just like being thanked. :(

I look forward to the "OMFG n e 1 hav [company] mock 4 higher maths p1 im screwed????:confused::confused::D;):):mad::confused:" threads. That's when your abilities will be tested to their fullest. Then beaten to death. :pac:

The most obvious thing to do there is link them to the wrong paper...right?

...right?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I look forward to those threads too. Me and my iron fist. Sorry, I mean purple fist.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Just a note on "those" pages with stuffs that Davidus mentioned, how about doind something about it? Please? Not disrespecting the old mods but in fairness, every other post for the last few months was "OMG! i tink i faild pas frnch! cn sum1 plz tel me de ansr to q1? kthxbai xxxWBXXXX" or something along those lines. Surely it's a bit hypocritical if people have been studying English for their Leaving Cert and then turn around and write like that. It's ruddy ridiculous, so it is!

*Rant overfor the moment*

Pretty sure there's something about it in the charter,but 'll go have a looky now and if there isn't I'll add it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

I say we all come back next year and give them this years mocks. that'll learn em

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

They let Fuzzy near the jailbait? ROFL.

Well if Asok can mod JC...

RE: The text speak thing, there is something in the charter about it so there are really no excuses. People don't seem to read that charter though (be honest, do any of you read the charter the first time you post in a forum? I know I don't!) so it's understandable why newbies post like that. It doesn't personally bother me as I can read it no probs and I wouldn't take another user up on it in another forum, but seeing as it's against the rules of the charter posters posting in text speak will get a warning/infraction to save them being flamed by the rest of the board.

Also I know PFM really disliked text speak so she might take an harder line nd break out the purple fist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Piste wrote: »
    Also I know PFM really disliked text speak so she might take an harder line nd break out the purple fist.

Is that some sort of sick euphemism? :P

Nope, more of a direct reference to her name :p

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

I just know this is going to end with Fuzzy in handcuffs

Text speak leaves me with a twitching eye of anger.
    Cheating in the mocks causes a furrowed brow of frustration.
    Combined, the two give me a frothing mouth of rage.

Of course, the mods will have to get together and discuss what the best course of action is for such threads, lest we be incosistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Meh, the mocks are for individuals, I think they should be able to approach in any manner they see fit. I knew what was coming up in some of my mocks and I hope to get higher than what I got back then in the real thing.

Mr Crystal wrote: »
    Well done guys, Im sure ye'll do a good job! Get ready for the influx of users in 11 days!

/me strokes banning stick

Actually what am I saying, I wont be at my laptop on results day, lots of fun to be had on the 13th!

• Advertisement

Timans wrote: »
    Meh, the mocks are for individuals, I think they should be able to approach in any manner they see fit. I knew what was coming up in some of my mocks and I hope to get higher than what I got back then in the real thing.
    It's not boards.ie's responsibility to see to it that people can approach their mocks as they wish, though. Anyway, it'll require discussion between the mods.
    I knew what was coming up in one of my mocks (not by choice, my teacher gave us a list of possibilities), got 100% in it and it was a complete waste of time.

Piste you're not even getting results this year! : p

Not really a waste of time though.
    You learned the stuff that was coming up perfectly as opposed to learning the whole course half arsed.

Depends on what you see the mocks as... A trial run of the LC, or a way to get people to study.

Plus most of the stuff hosted / linked to was copyrighted material which isn't allowed on this website.

Piste you're not even getting results this year! : p

Ah yeah but I'm going to a gig that day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Congratulations new mods !.

Imo, revisiting a leaving cert forum when you are in college will be a big downer ..........but nevermind that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

raah! wrote: »
    Congratulations new mods !.

Imo, revisiting a leaving cert forum when you are in college will be a big downer ..........but nevermind that :D
    Haha thought the same.

On a separate note this place sure has picked up lately and im assuming its because of the impending results.

Nah, I won't be the one actually doing the LC. : p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Oh I don't know about that - I think it's great. You've the Leaving Cert done and dusted so you don't have to worry yourself. All you have to do is taunt and point and laugh at give advice to those facing it. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement