Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ogham Tattoo

Options
  • 01-08-2008 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Just wondering if anyone has had a nice Ogham Tat done that was a little different from just the straight lines. I know the whole point of Ogham is straight lines, but I think it looks a bit plain on its own. Anyone have any pics of one they have jazzed up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Hai,

Have a read here, pretty lately too... :rolleyes:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055255637&highlight=ogham

• Registered Users Posts: 48 frecklz

Thanks Will

It was that thread which inspired me to start this one. Just looking for pics more than anything else. Looks like no-one has dared to alter the Ogham design... Don't know if I should now!

I have some ideas for lettering in a Gaelic script around the Ogham...

1404.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭rstans

I have my daughters name on my calf in Ogham. Thought it looked a bit plain so I got an oval put around it. Now people think it's a rugby ball or a surfboard so I'm thinking about getting a full leg piece with the Ogham as a centerpiece of the tat.
    If anyone has any ideas their input would be a great help. I'm not looking for a complete design, more an idea I can expand on as I'm at a bit of a blank at the moment.
    Thanks.

Sorry Frecklz, just read my post and realised I'm after hijacking your thread a bit.

hey rstans

no, thanks for your pic, it's what I'm looking for - just ideas for making ogham more interesting...

Anyone with any other pics for us to gander at?

1236.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i'm contemplating a small ogham piece as part of a larger piece. i have two text bits im hoping to get included, and it's a potential as a way to incorporate the text piece.

• Advertisement

Here's two ideas I'm playing around with at the moment. They are designed around my tat with the oval around the ogham part. I'm trying to lose the rugby ball look it has now. The knots would be coloured and maybe some light shading in the oval part.

rstans; I like those designs. The second one is pretty cool and sounds great with colour.

This is one idea I had for the coloured version. Not sure about the colours but you get the idea.

Looks class. It's definitely miles away from rugby ball. :pac:

Advertisement