Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what's your favourite hero and build?

Options
  • 01-08-2008 4:56pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've only seen half of them, played less.

So far it is mortred The Phantom Assassin for me.
    For her I get wraith, treads, battle fury, helm of dominator or MoM, butterfly and some sixth item.

I'm not sure if you get a crystalis/buriza can you improve her critical strike? Even have 2 crits at once or do they not stack? I think the buriza would override the natural crit so it would be a bad item?

Is MoM or helm or vlads or satanic a better choice?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

I like going lich.. I don't have a set build but I would like to finish with a aghamim's (sp?) scepter and refresher orb. Would have to get a lot of kill spree's for that though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Str:
    Centaur

Boots
    2x Bracers
    Vanguard
    BoT
    Heart
    From here it's usually game over or you'll need something specific to who you're fighting

Agi:
    Mirana

Ring of Basilus
    Boots
    2x Wraith Band
    Power Treads
    Skadi if farming well, Stygian if it's tough going
    Crystal
    Buriza

Int:
    Visage

Boots
    2x Bracers
    Vanguard
    BoT
    Butterfly

with tangos on everyone as necessary !

Crits do stack Tar, it's pretty crazy damage. Satanic is a nice late game mort item too and Vlad's Offering is a good alternative to helm of the dominator too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

hmmm
    a few i like:

Traxex-
    Boots of Travel
    2x wraith bands
    hand of midas
    sange & yasha
    vangaurd

dark seer-
    boots of travel
    2x strength bracers
    vangaurd
    ring of basillus
    dagon
    radiance

spiritbreaker-
    boots of travel
    2x strength bracers
    vangaurd
    sange & yasha
    mask of madness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Skeleton King - Leoric
    Strength hero.

Usual end game build:
    2x Null Talisman
    Ring of Basilus (sometimes, try get an ally to get this instead of you^^)
    Vanguard
    Boots of Travel
    Yasha & Sange
    Butterfly(not often you'd get this)

Abilities:
    Hellfire Blast.
    Mana cost/level: 140/1,2,3,4
    Effects: Stun for 2 seconds, Damage/level 100(1),150(2),200(3),250(4)
    Cooldown : 8 sec

Vampiric Aura.
    Mana cost: 0 - Passive.
    Effects: Nearby allied mellee units gain hp when they damage enemies.
    5%(1), 10%(2), 15%(3), 20%(4).

Critical Strike.
    Mana cost: 0 - Passive.
    Effects: Gives Leoric a 15% chance to do 1.25(1) times normal damage on a standard attack. 1.75(2), 2.25(3), 2.75(4).

Reincarnation (ultimate).
    Mana cost: 100(1), 150(2), 200(3).
    Effects: Returns Leoric to life after death.
    Cooldown: 300(1), 220(2), 140(3).

General Build.
    -Standard Draft Easy Mode. 5v5

Level 1
    Buy a chicken courier. SHARE THE CHICKEN 225
    Buy 2x mantle of intelligence. 150x2
    Buy a hp potion. 100

Level up Hellfire Blast

Reasons: Hellfire has a good stun and enough damage to cause trouble early game. It is cheap for the whole game. With mantles you will regain mana slightly quicker, but more importantly, have enough to cast 2 blasts in the one encounter early game. 8 sec cooldown is brilliant.

A courier will allow Leoric to stay out in the lanes without returning to base. He has life steal and is a very self sufficiient character. You only have to stay out until lvl 6 anyway, at which point you get ressurect. This returns Leoric to full mana and health.

Hp potion...

Level 2

Depending on your opponent(s), you will have to choose between vampiric and crit. Personally, I think it is wise to go for 1 level of vampiric first.

Level 3
    Hellfire Blast

Level 4
    Critical Strike

I prefer to get crits more often and get chunks of hp back from vampiric, rather than crit less and get a more solid supply of hp from your attacks.

In the mean time you should be buying boots of speed 500, 2x circlet of nobility 185x2, and 2x Null Talisman recipes 150x2.

Level 5
    Hellfire Blast

Level 6
    Reincarnation.

No need to further level this until late game in my opinion. Mana cost is 100 at lvl 1 which is a bargain. You should be able to stay alive for 300 seconds for it to cooldown. This leaves you to hellfire the **** out of people.

If you find mana difficult, buy a ring of Basilius (this is a combination of ring of protection 175 and sobi mask 325). It grants a mana regen aura to all allies nearby, gives them and you armor, and adds 6 damage. Not sure if damage is aura also.

If mana is fine, time to build vanguard(sturdy shield 300ish, ring of health 875, vitality booster 1100). Vanguard blocks some incoming damage, adds hp to your hp total, and gives good hp regeneration. This may take a few levels to complete.

From this point on, Leoric should not die really.
    Allways keep 100 mana for your Rez.
    Level up Hellfire and Crit to max.
    Get Level 2 Vampiric aura.
    Gets stats.
    Get high level vampiric aura and Reincarnation at endgame levels.
    Build a yash & sange and Boots of Travel. I like to build a Sange, get the boots of travel, then finish yash & sange ( movespeed + slow enemy)
    Build a butterfly.(personal fav with leoric, makes him hard to hit, attack like a maniac and so crit like a maniac, and proc with yash & sange a lot)

Go Godlike Holy SHIIII.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

axe. 2 stout shields and you are a god

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Magina

Build

Vanguard
    Threads Agi
    2xCranium Basher
    Butterfly
    Buriza

Mana burn > Blink Rank 2 max > STATS > Dampen Magic. - I never level Dampen magic unless there are 2 + int hero's on the other team. Stats are much more vital for his low HP which farming for vanguard.

That's how I use him ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Just introduced somebody to dota and he picked magina first and won't choose anybody else. The hood of defiance looks good on him if there are a lot of ints, I assume it stacks with dampen. His hits hurt like feck to my mana, my friend got 4 butterflys for him heh.

Made a lil post on the dota mechanics forum to ask, dont think they stack. But yeah 4 BF's is pretty mad :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ah good, tell me about the outcome so that I won't tell him mauhaha

Ok, Avoidance such as Dodge/Parry/Evasion doesn not, in any way stack.

And from what I gathered from the post Spell resistance stacks diminishingly ( Not 100% sure)

Example:

1 HoD = 30% Resistance
    2 HoD = 45% Resistance ( 30%-15%)
    3 HoD = 52.5% Resistance ( 30% - 15% - 7.5%)

I'm not 100% sure of this but I think that's right.

Hope this helped :)

• Advertisement

Ah yeah cool, think one might stack completely with magines ulti, that's a lot of magic resistance!

HoD is pretty overkill on mangina unless you're against a serious stack of proper nukers imo

Yeah I'd never buy 1 with him, or most hero's in fact unless it's really badly needed.

the main hero i'd get one if i saw i was against her is Luna, i-win ultimate is not fun !

Yeah or Demon Witch.. Black King Bar ftw!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

god i love Demon Witch.

/googles demon witch

Demon witch is "Lion".

The gay hero that has disable, stun, drain mana, and the ulti similar to Lina's.

Lol that guy, seriously good. Refresher on him, oh baby.
    Wold you get a dagon too, oh the nuke.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭incubus

I like going cc crazy on him with a euls and guinsoo and eventually a skadi. Although that seems to be my generic int hero build now as I hate being a glass cannon I need the survivability

• Advertisement

What is cc?
    Went refresher firsh there, bad idea, not enough mana.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭incubus

crowd control

and yea refresher sub 20 is a waste really on most heroes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I normally go boots then straight for a guinsoo on lion.
    Depending on cash is I might pick up threads along the way.

Once you get guinsoo you can kite a single hero indefinitely if they continue to chase you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Pepiz

Luna with

- 2 bracer
    - Trends
    - Helm of Dominator
    - Butterfly
    - Assault Curiass

If things get hard sell bracers and get Terrasque or Vanguard.

Who needs ulti when you have glavies?

I think i actually never lost with luna. Its just an easy build

bye now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

hmmm,my all time favourite are storm and gondar(can ruin the game easily ,teamkill!) or broodmother(unstopable after early game with her ability to farm gives imba items),in PUB game of course:D but still depends on the opponents heroes.there is no way i would go gondar when they have 5 tough hp str heroes.

i enjoy using most of the heroes ,especially when someone in your team can play combo with you.since i rarely play ap ,choosing the right hero to fight/team up with teammates is very essential.
    agi:most agi i would say,top 3 melee would be gondar,brood,nerub/riki/pa,range trax,snipe,razor.naix while they hav lots of int heroes :Dspec and void are deadly too.bone is the best choice when there are fragile agi/int enemies.ursa is the gayest 1v1 hero early/mid game.weaver mirana my love too(oh i may need more training on the tiger power...).meepo is good fun but useless in nuker/aoe enemies game

str:lycan,tide,axe,huskar,sandking,panda,you name it,good tank and killer.magnus is very good pusher,tree has the best aoe ulti,lucifer/alchemist are great fun

int :lich ,witch doc ,atropos/rhasta are my favourites .while i'd avoid int/nuker ,tough late game and f*cking my brain to survive from start till end,poor farmer but need lots money to build,need to stack with someone in team ,counter gank ability = 0 etc.only with good team maybe i will take the others int for support especially omni/zeus .Storm is NOT an int btw :Dobsidian can be so imba too. i dont like darkseer,pitlord and visage ,can go very wrong if the enemies are your counterpart

all and all,good hero/es with good playing skill/s is useless if you have a sh!t team work against good players.theory is just theory:)

Advertisement