Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Warglaive

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Story summary -

Guild of hardcore raiders recruit a kid. They spend months on Black temple and warglaive drops, Kid "steals" it and /gquit. A guild member contacts the kids principal asking him to return it. Principal (surprisingly) complys (He must have been playing wow himself, I cant see any other explanation). Anyway, kid gets brought into principals office, who contacts his parents and explains the situation. Kid returns the Glaive

Pod cast of Australian radio talking about it - http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/triplej/breakfast/rmd_nerd_2008_07_30.mp3
    (its near the end of the podcast)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

What a load of ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

How do you return a BoP?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

ahahahaha thats ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

How do you return a BoP?

good point, probably had to contact a GM and explain the situation.

• Advertisement

Im wondering why the guild didn't log a ticket after it was "stolen"?
    I know the kid didn't manipulate the mechanics of the game, but blizzard sometimes return items to players if they have been stolen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

yeh i was wondering that too. strange.

still i lolled at the drama on the official forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

A dps trinket dropped and a tank got it in one of our raids. Anyways after we contacted a GM and it was sorted after a few days and i got the trinket. So it can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

It can only be done if the player who received the loot submits a ticket.

So if the guy "Steals" it, there is nothing the other players can do about it, unless he himself tickets a GM explaining that he took it in error and he wants it passed to a different player.

So I guess once he got in trouble, he did just this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

The kid should have told his principal to go fuck himself. What authority does he have to dictate what that kid does outside of school?

• Advertisement

WellyJ wrote: »

So if the guy "Steals" it, there is nothing the other players can do about it, unless he himself tickets a GM explaining that he took it in error and he wants it passed to a different player.

Ah, that makes sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Marucci

WellyJ wrote: »

Have done it a few times (as I usually don't wait long to distrube loot and boom them quickly).

Basically takes about 2 hours with ticket. Instance Name > Item Name > Name of person who should have recieved it.

Item is removed and sent to other player via in-game mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

im not sure how it is on other servers, but i do know that in europe thye have a policy that a BoP can only be changed hands after 3 days of the drop, and only the person who has the item can make the ticket.

Being the DE of the guild i usualy get all the items and then needing to sort out all the tickets when people change their mind ect.

However there was another ninja warglaive on the europe servers.. unsure the server but the guy was from the guild Elusive. He rerolled on Blades edge, which opened around 3 weeks ago.

Advertisement