Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spraoi happenings!

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭sonners

I feel I have to go against the grain here and say I actually liked the parade! Yes we waited an hour or two for it to come but we do that every year. Yes it was really crowded, underage drinkers, difficult to get out of, etc, same as every year!
    But in previous years I have been no more than 4 or 5 people away from the barrier and I have seen nothing. I'm a tall girl but have found myself standing back and giving up tryin to see and merely being there to keep an eye in the kids whom we've shunted up the front. We stood back this year, and leaned against the wall outside Bank of Ireland, we were'nt bustling about in the middle of the packed crowds for an hour and a half so that helped. And when the parade came I could see everything, the birds, the dolphins, the fish, the boat and all its goings on, I really enjoyed it.

Yes, it was short and the stages did'nt have the same effect that I assume Spraoi had hoped for but fair play for trying something new. And if you must revert to the old parade next year, please keep it above the crowd as it was this year, it could be seen and enjoyed by alot more people.

Advertisement