Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yorkies???

Options
  • 01-08-2008 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

Does anyone one know of any yorkies in need of a good home(i would rather smaller variety) i have seen ads on the net but any i looked into are scams the pay the deliverly company in advance and the likes and any numbers of breeders i have rang just have none.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Contact the IKC they have a website just google IKC don't come in to rescue much but other small dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mollydolly271

hi thanks a million for the reply but thier website is being upgraded at the moment and no links are working

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

theres no such thing as a smaller variety, one breed is the Yorkshire Terrier. DO NOT buy a dog from anybody describing them as "miniature" or "teacup" as they are more than likely clueless back-yard-breeders or a puppy farm.

If you're going to buy from a breeder, contact the secretary of the breed club and get a list of reputable breeders from him/her.

either that or rescue/adopt. check out www.irishanimals.com and http://petsireland.invisionzone.com for dogs looking for homes and also check out your local SPCA and pound.

ha ha i knew u would say that kerrygold i've being looking back at other posts,i'm not lookin for one to be " tea cup" or whatever they call them i just want a really small dog because i live in an apartment and dont worry it wont be left on its own,yeah i've rang a few ikc numbers but no one seems to have any at the moment and there is nothing small enough in any of the shelters or pounds at the moment i guess i will just have to wait for one thanks for advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

ha ha i knew u would say that kerrygold i've being looking back at other posts,i'm not lookin for one to be " tea cup" or whatever they call them

In fairness to Kerrysgold, I read your post like you were looking for the type Kerry described.

• Advertisement

yeah it probaly did come across that way looking back at it now but i've being reading up on them on the net and know that there is no such thing as a tea cup breed but just that some yorkies are smaller than others and was trying to say that i would like one that is small thats all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

well it's great that you have done your research, some people are convinced that teacups etc are a real breed.

you don't necessarily need a yorkie to have a small dog, there are also plenty of small terriers etc. any dog will need exersize (30 mins - 2 hrs a day!) and toilet breaks every hour or so as well no matter how small it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

If you don't mind an adult dog and have your heart set on a yorkie or yorkie type small dog contact the rescues in and around your area sometimes adult pb dogs do come in to rescue they may not have any at the moment but could take your details and perhaps contact you if one comes in. Might be a bit of a wait but not impossible.

Hi, i'm still looking i have had no luck with shealters or breeders!! does anyone know of any yorkie pups anywhere???

Advertisement